This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Glad you like it! If the TPTB won't give us what we really want right now, then we have to make it up for ourselves.

Well, there went Stargate being rated NC17.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Have to agree!

{Thanks to Jo R. for the original screencap from Beyond the Gate http://community.webshots.com/album/139143772fdbJhJ/1}

I like this photo - I think it's cute. And although AT and RDA might just be fooling around, I don't think that TPTB would put this shot on the DVD if they didn't want to encourage us!
      and again.............
      THANK YOU MALA
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I like this photo - I think it's cute. And although AT and RDA might just be fooling around, I don't think that TPTB would put this shot on the DVD if they didn't want to encourage us!

I agree! And I'm like ship daddy, I included the pic so I could look at it again. But really, this pic looks like a publicity stunt, and it they 'didn't' want to promote the S/J connection, then why encourage with photos like this? And what a photo it is. <lecherous grin>

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Have to agree!

{Thanks to Jo R. for the original screencap from Beyond the Gate http://community.webshots.com/album/139143772fdbJhJ/1}

and again.............
          THANK YOU MALA
          You just wanted to copy me... again
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Have to agree!

I agree! And I'm like ship daddy, I included the pic so I could look at it again. But really, this pic looks like a publicity stunt, and it they 'didn't' want to promote the S/J connection, then why encourage with photos like this? And what a photo it is. <lecherous grin>

Sally
            Yes why would they post such great pictures if they didn't want to encourage us? I don't know...
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Have to agree!

Yep! I'm loving this pic Mala! THANK YOU!!!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

<lecherous grin>

Sally
                Whatever do you mean?

That picture doesn't make me think about how CLOSE they're standing; how they're cheek to cheek (hey, I'm talking about their faces! sheesh...); where Sam and Jack could be going next and what they might end up doing...

Speaking of which (ok, it's just me speaking here) -- I was thinking about Mr. P. vs. Jack and what Sam will discover once she's gotten together with Jack... I mean I can just picture P. as an eager-to-please puppy, somewhat clueless/asking for approval (you know the actual bedroom scene that we didn't get to see - THANK GOD!).... While Jack will be proven to be the seasoned, um, veteran? OK, I'm willing to bet that he just KNOWS what he's doing... hmmm, trying to stay PG here ... Anyway, my point is (I do have one!), Sam just doesn't know what she's missing....

OK, it's late. Goodnight.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  You just wanted to copy me... again
                  heavy sigh.................but Sally I suppose didn't
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    And the winner is...

"Go Toward the Light" by Ruralstar

The "In Demand" series by JoJo (think this one's a gw), "Kaleidoscope" by A.M Richardson (at my site), and to round out the top 5--"Caught" by Aeryn. Never read that particular SR one but I'm going to look it up now.
                    Someone has to ask........links?

I've read 'go towards the light' and some of JoJo's....but not the others.
                    Particularly 'Caught' would be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate

I loved Caught by Aeryn....too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate

Okay, here goes:

"Caught" by Aeryn--NC17 but really funny

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...e/authorA.html

"Kaleidoscope" by A.M. Richardson--hurt/comfort rated R for implied violence/rape--very nice resolution though and well-written

www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways

"In Demand" by Jackie W. (my bad on the author)--Various ratings through NC-17. Really liked part 6.

http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/a...1/authorj.html

posted the link for "A New Life" earlier. Here's Ruralstar's link again as well--she's got a new one called "The Test"--liked it a lot too!

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/

Happy reading!
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Oh, Dear Lord, you folks are busy!

Hey, though... I haven't been on any of these threads since I started on the Gateworld Forum again, but I've had a bit TOO MUCH of other people hating Sam/Jack Ship... *sigh*

It's a hard knock life for us shippers. One can't say anything in those unprotected threads without being MAIMED!
                          Nah, seriously, just kidding. They're all OK...

It's just nice to be surrounded by people of my own thought process when it comes to... ShIp.

WoW iT's LaTe... I'd BeTtEr Go To SlEeP nOw... SoOn.

Comment

I also think fanfic raises 'our' expectations on what we want to see on the show and characters. That's part of the reason why the S/P ship was so hard to take... because it was the stuff of fanfiction dreams.

Sally

I only make and watch videos ..I don't read fanfics ..NO TIME
                            but also if I was reading to many fanfics ..I know that my expectation for sam and Jack will be too high...therefore I don't ....

But I like to read when somebody write an ending for Sam and Jack..and if TPTB had to have them both stranded on a planet for a few months.....

I mean Jack got stranded in "Hundred days "and "Paradise lost ".They all got stranded in "the light".Sam was on her own in "Deathknell"......Apparently Daniel is stranded in a season 8 episode...

So why not Sam and Jack ....only at the end of season 8...a few episodes before the end...so that they can speak and love each other "Au naturel".....

Then back to the good team episodes ....with Sam and Jack being a couple but not affecting the show ..they go on mission as usual...and their relationship is only romantic when back at home but not off world .

For the Sam and Jack being togehter off screen ....yes ..but not in season 8 ..

I would like that in season 9....but also with some cameo appearrances from RDA as Jack every 2 or 3 episodes ....( 3 minutes would be fine )...as long as us shippers can still see something and the relationship is stonger as it ever been.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              Okay, here goes:

"Caught" by Aeryn--NC17 but really funny

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...e/authorA.html

"Kaleidoscope" by A.M. Richardson--hurt/comfort rated R for implied violence/rape--very nice resolution though and well-written

www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways

"In Demand" by Jackie W. (my bad on the author)--Various ratings through NC-17. Really liked part 6.

http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/a...1/authorj.html

posted the link for "A New Life" earlier. Here's Ruralstar's link again as well--she's got a new one called "The Test"--liked it a lot too!

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/

Happy reading!
                              Ooooh thank you!

I would have replied sooner but I wasn't able to access the forum (or Gateworld) for the last....oh, 3 hours???

Suffice to say I was ....frustrated to no end!

That should not be allowed to happen.

*looks at watch to see if she can squeeze in a fanfic or two before bed...discovers its 10.30pm and reluctantly decides to get some sleep before her German exam tomorrow *

*then wonders why she is describing what she's doing to the forum in the third person. As O'Neill walks into her bedroom, Samantha Carter realises it's because she's been little off-balance since Jack jumped her in the Briefing Room...*

to be continued...

Comment

........And I'm back,

It's now 11pm and I'm not in bed yet. Instead of going to said bed - sans a certain Colonel - I read "Caught" by Aeryn.

Of course, when I went to read it, I did so in all innocence and - ever mindful of the ticking clock, the warm, waiting bed, the exam tomorrow - skipped over the story specs. You know, the summary. The Pairing. The Season. The Category.

.....THE RATING!!

In my haste, I also failed to notice the clear indication at the top of the page that I was reading a fic from Heliopolis 2. Imagine my surprise, then, upon reading sentences like this:

"He was in full throttle, [****censored****] [****censored****], position allowing him to [*****censored*****]...God, how could she be so [**censored**] ... her hands moved to [*****censored*****]. . . and she was [censored] and begging him to [**censored **] and that red haze began to come over him and he couldn't really hear what she was saying because [********censored********]."

At the word "gymnast" my eyebrows were in danger of being permanently embedded in my hairline.

"This author is just too much" thought I. "What a blatant piece of Uber-fluff" thought I. "Where's the emotional pay-off" thought I. "How very shallow, how..........daring " thought I.

You'll all be pleased to know - well, those of you that have read it - that I did in fact stick it out to the end.

By which time I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks!

I was laughing so hard I was worried I'd wake the rest of the house!

Going into the story cold like that - with no idea what was awaiting me - was simultaneously the most disturbing and humorous thing that's happened to me in QUITE a long time. I'm no prude, but when you're not expecting anything like that - and in hindsight, the title really should have given it away - well, what can I say.

I'm still giggling.

Don't like my chances of sleep now......sigh

Comment

Working...
                                X