This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Ships

I know there are so many different 'ships out there. Shep/Weir, McWeir, Sheyla, etc etc etc.

I want to hear people's reasons why they ship the specific relationship they do. There is no right or wrong. As nothing's been made canon, and there's been hints at ALL of the above, please tell us all why you ship what you ship.

Please, this is not a competition, no one is wrong. I don't want to start a fight, we're all adults. I just want to know what people think.

So, let's hear it...

Rodney: "Air..person. Don't be there.(pause) Crap."
    Hermiod: "what did you do?"
    Rodney: "...It's Wraith."
    Hermiod: "Crap, indeed."

Well I ship Ronon/Teyla Aka Spanky fully!! They have soo much chemistry and such bond that its too hard to deny them! They look great together and have such cute Eye Moments and the way they look at eachother is too hott!! ^_^
    I also Ship Weir/Sheppard aka Sparky!! They are too cute together! It's undeniable that they care for one another and Sheppard makes Elizabeth soo happy!
    Another Ship is Cadman/Beckett!!<--Canon!! They are soo opposite that its hard to not like them together!!

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

I didn't see S2 yet, so I don't know how to think about Spanky. Could be interesting.

My favourite and in my opinion the only possible Ship-pairing is Sparky (also called Shweir). I think Shep and Weir fit perfectly together. You can see their connection in several S1-episodes, for example "Home" and so on. I'd love to see them in love, but it shouldn't happen too early, maybe in (if it comes so far, what I hope) Season 4 or 5.

Sadly this is no Slash-thread

Greetings
      Freyja

Comment

McKay and Weir for me. The actors involved have a nice, easy-going chemistry that isn't completely overwhelmed with long and lingering gazes, overly dramatic music, long pauses in conversations... all of which leave me with the feeling of being smacked with a 2x4 to the face.

As well, Elizabeth/John is the expected pairing. The oldest, most cliched rule in TV/movies is that the female lead will fall in love with the male lead. For the first six-odd years of its existence, I was able to hold SG-1 up as a prime example of a show that dared to be different. Then The Powers That Be decided to jump into that cliche with both feet and not to look back.

In the Lowdown that was aired before SGA came on, Pierre Bernard asked Torri Higginson if Weir would ever fight Teyla to the death for Sheppard's affections, thus proving that everyone expected Atlantis to follow that mould as meekly as every other show in existance. I'd like to think that Atlantis has the ability to be one of the few truely original productions that dare to break that tired, over-wrought cliche.

Plus, c'mon. The Eye, the rain, and the body-warmth. How could you go wrong with that?
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I'd like to see Caldwell and Weir, you can see the passion simmering behind all that mistrust and dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
            As well, Elizabeth/John is the expected pairing. The oldest, most cliched rule in TV/movies is that the female lead will fall in love with the male lead. For the first six-odd years of its existence, I was able to hold SG-1 up as a prime example of a show that dared to be different. Then The Powers That Be decided to jump into that cliche with both feet and not to look back.

In the Lowdown that was aired before SGA came on, Pierre Bernard asked Torri Higginson if Weir would ever fight Teyla to the death for Sheppard's affections, thus proving that everyone expected Atlantis to follow that mould as meekly as every other show in existance. I'd like to think that Atlantis has the ability to be one of the few truely original productions that dare to break that tired, over-wrought cliche.
            I see Shep/Teyla as being more cliched. The whole cave scene screamed that some director had said "you guys need to look like you have chemistry".

As for Torri talking about Weir and Teyla fighting to the death for Shep, didn't she say maybe Teyla and Weir should forget about Shep and run off together

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              I see Shep/Teyla as being more cliched. The whole cave scene screamed that some director had said "you guys need to look like you have chemistry".

As for Torri talking about Weir and Teyla fighting to the death for Shep, didn't she say maybe Teyla and Weir should forget about Shep and run off together
              LOL. Weir Torri is always saying stull like that. LOL. But I doubt TPTB would go for it.

I personally do the McKay/Weir thing. Just because simple things like she's the only one he seems to respect enough to obey w/o questions, yet when he strongly disagrees, he'll argue and she seems to know it's important to him and listens to it.

Sparky seems to be, as you said Cory, expected. And I like when writers throw a kink in the works. To me, Weir and Sheppard don't have any chemistry, it seems flat. But in Season 1, I saw a lot of Shep/Weir moments that had me wondering.

I agree that there seems to be a lot of Teyla/Ronon stuff. And they are great together. I had hope for that one, but lately, they seem to be turning them into brother/sister, imo.

Personally, I'd hope for:

McKay/Weir
              Sheppard/Teyla
              Carson/Cadman.

BUT....I see just the barest hint of Sparky, AND Weir/Ronon. And now even Weir/Carson seems to be leaking in.

I don't know. LOL. I'm a huge McWeir fan (that's the fanfic I write) and would love to see it happen as long as it's subtle. But lately they seem to be shipping Weir with everyone BUT McKay.

Which...I guess is a complement to the amazing Torri Higginson if she can pull off chemistry with so many different character types.

Help me out...anyone got an specific scenes that support the ship you like?

Comment

I Ship Weir/Sheppard

Comment

btw....thank you to everyone for staying nice about this. If we fight, the mods will delete the thread.

I'm just curious to all the other ships out there and WHY each person thinks what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hananian
                    To me, Weir and Sheppard don't have any chemistry, it seems flat. But in Season 1, I saw a lot of Shep/Weir moments that had me wondering.
                    Like I said, all of their "shippy" scenes have as much subtlty as a 2x4 to the face. All of them have some help from the writers, directors, composers, etc. to "sell" the ship and every time that happens I feel the solid crack of wood against my forehead as the PTBs shout "We're hooking 'em up!" at the tops of their proverbial lungs.

McWeir is much more subtle, with little looks, glances, and inflections in tone and body language. No ballroom dancing scene for them, though I'd love that. That sort of quietness is more my thing, just a personal taste.

I'd like to see Caldwell and Weir, you can see the passion simmering behind all that mistrust and dislike.
                    I'd like to see them turn more friendshippy and trusting, like Colonel Everett in Siege II did for Weir when he tripped over himself to get out of her chair
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                      I'd like to see them turn more friendshippy and trusting, like Colonel Everett in Siege II did for Weir when he tripped over himself to get out of her chair
                      I can't decide the Caldwell/Weir thing. I don't want them together, cause it would mess up my McWeir dreams. LOL. But they've got SOMETHING there that could develop. (Which would explain why Rodney doesn't like him. LOL)

Comment

I can't decide the Caldwell/Weir thing. I don't want them together, cause it would mess up my McWeir dreams. LOL. But they've got SOMETHING there that could develop. (Which would explain why Rodney doesn't like him. LOL)
                        I agree also. there's something between these two (Caldwell/Weir ).

Comment

Rodney doesn't like anyone. It's dificult to explain what I see in Caldwell and Weir, I think it's a case of the fact she's a civilian and therefore undiciplined that makes him think a relationship is impossible and with her it's the fact he's a tight a$$ed military commander and she hates the military ideal that's stopping her. But having something you know is wrong is all the more tempting *Ahem* notthatI'dknow *Ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            Rodney doesn't like anyone. It's dificult to explain what I see in Caldwell and Weir, I think it's a case of the fact she's a civilian and therefore undiciplined that makes him think a relationship is impossible and with her it's the fact he's a tight a$$ed military commander and she hates the military ideal that's stopping her. But having something you know is wrong is all the more tempting *Ahem* notthatI'dknow *Ahem*
                            We can't use the military thing as an argument, because Shep is also military. What makes it wrong for one would be wrong for the other.

I think Rodney likes to flirt. Look at his actions with every female he sees. Except Liz. he respects her. that along makes me think there's more than we see.

Comment

Well I'm primarily a Sheppard/Weir shipper, but there's lots of those so I'm gonna talk about Carson/Cadman.

To my mind this is an example of how Atlantis should and can have romantic relationships without interfering with the overall plot. The little scene at the end of Critical Mass was perfect, subtle, and reminded us that they were together. Whoever the other characters end up with (obviously John and Liz ), as long as the relationships are done this well I'll be happy.
                              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Working...
                              X