Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over the years, have they used the Stargate enough? (SG-1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the years, have they used the Stargate enough? (SG-1)

...meaning have they used the Stargate enough to your liking? And i dont mean those possible missions where we dont see it on camera...but new missions and planets we have actually seen on the show for the past 9 years. I think they have used the Stargate a lot (and I know they are on a budget) but I would have liked to seen more alien planets (like in Cold Lazarus....not just futuristic like in Space Race) and I would have liked to seen more episodes where they go through the Stargate for the sake of exploring, not because they have to for a crisis.

I dont know why, but there do not seem to be that many episodes solely based off-world....but I know thats not the case.

Thats why I like a lot of the one-off episodes like Red Sky (perfect example), where they go to a world for exploring, a crisis occurs, they encounter a race of humans tied to a direct time period (Puritans), and the problem is related to something alien and the whole team works together to solve the problem.

So, forgetting that there are missions we as a viewer do not see.....do you think SG-1 has gone through the Stargate enough times or would you have liked to see more? Would you have liked to see any different situations of them going through the gate (other than exploratory or a crisis...kinda like The Ties that Bind did in going from SGC to Planet A and then directly to Planet B)?, any comments (good or bad) on the level of off-world-ness we have seen the past 9 years on this amazing show?

I don't think they have.

There should more really alien planets, like purple ground and green sky or something. Not every place in the universe should look like Earth, but it's a matter of budget.

As well as more really alien species, instead of all humanoid.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I think the reason why most planets are like Earth is because they've all been selected by the Ancients as places where they can live.

Comment

I think they use the stargate every ep I am in agreement on the standalone eps. I think because the writers and TPTB like SAs also we will begin to see more in the future. Season 9 and possibly 10 can be excused because of character and story development.

Aside: Why doesn't the team ride ATV's through the gate when they know there are no lifesigns in the vacinity? They could carry much more ammo and equipment.

Comment

that sums it up there

aside: cuz they have no right to poolute other clean planets like we did earth

Comment

solar battery powered ATVs

Comment

anybody else want to give their opinion if the stargate was used enough on the show over the years?

Comment

I think the stargate could have been used more on the show, but i think it was used pretty well.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

While yes, the shows both have stargate in their title, they only have 43 minutes of screentime to air apiece. The plots and everything else have become increasingly more complex and require more time for explanations, therefore sacrifices must be made.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I think the show's getting better. The only ep. I don't like are f.x. Cold lazarus(sp?) or those ep with just some weird planet and nothing to good happens. I like the new episodes. And besides, they have enough on there plate, they don't have time for some exploring right now.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Eh, while some of those types of episodes were pretty good. Alot were also awful. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far. I like the Sodan, even though they are just jaffa. Personally i would perfer episodes to do with the Ancients, finding ruins, abandon tech ect. Episodes like "Its good to be king" it had a new civilisation, stargate travel, Ancient technology, it contributed to main story aswell as having its own wee private story (plus, mayborn is cool). They need more episodes like that one if you ask me.
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                        Eh, while some of those types of episodes were pretty good. Alot were also awful. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far. I like the Sodan, even though they are just jaffa. Personally i would perfer episodes to do with the Ancients, finding ruins, abandon tech ect. Episodes like "Its good to be king" it had a new civilisation, stargate travel, Ancient technology, it contributed to main story aswell as having its own wee private story (plus, mayborn is cool). They need more episodes like that one if you ask me.
                        Agreed!

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah

Yeah i agree
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                            I don't think they have.

There should more really alien planets, like purple ground and green sky or something. Not every place in the universe should look like Earth, but it's a matter of budget.

Shoot, I volunteer to fix that free of charge...
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                              I don't think they have.

true. The chances of the atmosphere on another planet making the sky the same color as Earth is slim, at least it would seem that way to me.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                              24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                              Both heavily admined.

Comment

Working...
                              X