This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperspace bubble?

In grace carter used a hyperspace bubble to escape the gas cload...
    Why havent we seen this used again. you could put yourself in a hyperspace bubble and you would be out of phase with space and would be able to recover, move and escape without any difficulty.
    this could really be usefull for say the deadalus, in which they could hyperspace in to a situation behind a moon, hyperbubble, move in to position with nukes ready to beam, and then unbubble so fast that they could beam off enough nuke to destroy a wraith fleet before they could jam...
    this would be such a great tactic and i dont know why they havent used it more...
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Originally posted by immhotep
    Why havent we seen this used again. you could put yourself in a hyperspace bubble and you would be out of phase with space and would be able to recover, move and escape without any difficulty.
    this could really be usefull for say the deadalus, in which they could hyperspace in to a situation behind a moon, hyperbubble, move in to position with nukes ready to beam, and then unbubble so fast that they could beam off enough nuke to destroy a wraith fleet before they could jam...
    this would be such a great tactic and i dont know why they havent used it more...
    Spoiler:
    In Atlantis 2x20 the Wraith say that the jam thingi was the same in every Hive ship. It isn't something they have to "turn on" when they are attacked. It's seems to be something that is always on.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

quiet simply, it would give earth to much of an edge.
      So it was convientily forgotten after that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
        quiet simply, it would give earth to much of an edge.
        So it was convientily forgotten after that episode.
        I also think that it isn't wise to make Hyperspace bubbles to often.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

This would spoil the eps cuz we would win all the time and too quickly and it would makethe eps borin cuz its happening all the time. Plus it wouldnt work cuz like BB said the jamming signal is always on, maybe if we had done it before we had tried to beam nukes aboard and got jammed, it would work at least for a few hives, they'd eventually stop us like they have now. The Wraith seem to be too clever for us, well thats how it seemed in the last eps of s2 we're too stupid

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            That's one thing to do with it. But I wonder is it possible to bubble yourself all the way into hyperspace? Because if it is maybe we could enter hyperspace inside an atmosphere and who knows maybe it will use less power to do the same thing as our present Asgard designed hyperdrives.

Comment

Working...
            X