This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Computers

One thing that may have been addressed but what are they using to interface the laptops to the Atlantis computers? Like, all they have to do is stick one of their laptops near one of those screens and the data shows on the city's screens.

Pixie Dust.

What?

Comment

i should think its some kind of advanced bluetooth... so when the monitor or devise detects a signal nearby they will interface with eachother and u get the 'atlantis effect' , that is why in atlantis they dont have to keep opening panels to wire them in bu they do have to with off world devices. e.g. in inferno and the satelite weapon.

Comment

Yeah, they probily use somekind of wireless network to interface with the computers.

Comment

yeah there is a mainframe setup of somekind, that has most of the atlantis system contolable by the laptops and tablets.
          This mainframe network could also explain why elizabeth can use her mic to broadcast via the the citys comm system.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Sci-Fi

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
              Sci-Fi
              Ive always wondered that, every tech seems to be able to be plugged into a laptop, maybe a USB port is the Universal (literally) connection interface

Comment

^ I always say that

So im gonna say it anyway, USB

Comment

sorry hehe

Comment

I think the entire city is a sort of uber WiFi hotspot, Seattle cubed, if you will.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Still doesnt explain how the Ancients knew that we would use it, thats why they made it so compatible with our tech. We really must be a quickly evolving race cuz its not just the Ancient tech that can work on our comps, the Wraith tech also works on our comps

Comment

I thought it was understood that all computers across all galaxies are compatible in every way. The word computer is probably ancient.

The truth is, it is written in our DNA to be able to understand this stuff. We might not be able to translate Minoan but ancient advanced computers... no problem.

Ok, the real truth is simple. Bill Gates is an Ancient. In fact he's just one of a small group of ancients. They invented blue tooth, wifi, windows and the ipod.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I wonder if Atlantis uses some really intelligent software to not only act as a wi-fi hotspot, but also understand any computer’s software as well. It could have uses hacking into the wraith’s systems. It would be a cool program...

Yes, it is a Universal serial bus. I wonder if they use USB in the Ori galaxy…
                          Colorado Springs has a zoo. It does not have an O'Malley's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamebear
                            Yes, it is a Universal serial bus. I wonder if they use USB in the Ori galaxy…
                            Nah, the Ori probably use firewire
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if they can get WiFi for Nintendo DS in Atlantis...they could have some serious MarioKart tournies...

But seriously back to the computers...they all have pretty horse logos! But being serious again...I'd definently have to agree that there's some Pixie Dust at work here.

Comment

Working...
                              X