PDA

View Full Version : SGA Alpha Site

Major Melton
February 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I think this season we should see the Pegasus Alpha Site, i also think a good Alpha Site would be the city on Teyla's Planet.

AcidSquid
February 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Oh We get to. In Michael We get to see the alpha site

NakedJehutyV2
February 12th, 2006, 02:53 PM
spoiler time

does it say what planet it's on?

AcidSquid
February 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Nope.

freyr's mother
February 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Does it have an iris?

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Does it have an iris?
nope. It's an open Alpha Site. A command center hasn't been built there yet. Unlike the SG1 alpha site.

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 07:04 AM
As Weir said, there hasent been much of anything built there yet, but hopefully in S3 we will see it completed.

Helo
February 13th, 2006, 07:10 AM
How could they build one? Are they forgetting about the wraith?

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 07:28 AM
The Wraith wouldnt know they are there because it is an abandoned world plus, they would have protection from the Wraith before they send people to it and declare it as a second base of operations

kirmit
February 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
as none of the pegasus offworld gates appear to have a shield do ya think they'll build an iris on the alpha site gate? I'd love to see that.

freyr's mother
February 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
as none of the pegasus offworld gates appear to have a shield do ya think they'll build an iris on the alpha site gate? I'd love to see that.

They'll probably need one b/c the wraith are everywhere as well as other races of aliens that could become pain in the a$$ enemies. They should make it in a mountain like the MW Alpha Site and the SGC. They should also have a hangar for 302's and maybe one for a BC.

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM
^Youve got some good ideas there, at least on this Alpha site, we need to be ready to fight and not get destroyed several times meaning taht we have to move and find another site and with the life sign detectors, we can see if anyone is hiding on the planet

tomchris45
February 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Would an iris be THAT useful. After all the greatest threat from the wraith has been when hive ships turn up. As far as I remember there has been little to no attacks through the stargate.

Ok that may be because they're aware of the shield. But any attacks through the stargate would be easy to defend against without an iris anyway I'd have thought.

kirmit
February 13th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Would an iris be THAT useful. After all the greatest threat from the wraith has been when hive ships turn up. As far as I remember there has been little to no attacks through the stargate.

Ok that may be because they're aware of the shield. But any attacks through the stargate would be easy to defend against without an iris anyway I'd have thought.

hmmm actually alot of their attacks happen thru the gate, remember rising, they did the culling after coming thru the gate.

Mattathias2.0
February 13th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I have always thought the best place for an Alpha or Beta Site would be in that crater in Epiphany... But that is wishful thinking.

Would be a good idea someday when there is a major threat, need time to develop something (like a plan or weapon), and do it there - then save whatever or whomever it is - including themselves.

Mattathias

immhotep
February 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM
The best alpha site there could ever be is the tower...its identical in size, shape, technology and power to atlantis. and its already setup as a fortification against the wraith.
If we need to evac we take the ZPM's we have, the 8th cheveron cryst el, as much of the medical,weapon,ammo, as we can and load them in to the PJ's, and fly through to a brand new atlantis.
with enough work and money, we could potentially have both atlantis and the tower city as functional alteran captial ships. heck if we find enough ZPM's we can send atlnatis to earth, back to the outpost, power up the tower fully and restore it and use that as atlantisB permenantly in secret from the wraith.

freyr's mother
February 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The best alpha site there could ever be is the tower...its identical in size, shape, technology and power to atlantis. and its already setup as a fortification against the wraith.
If we need to evac we take the ZPM's we have, the 8th cheveron cryst el, as much of the medical,weapon,ammo, as we can and load them in to the PJ's, and fly through to a brand new atlantis.
with enough work and money, we could potentially have both atlantis and the tower city as functional alteran captial ships. heck if we find enough ZPM's we can send atlnatis to earth, back to the outpost, power up the tower fully and restore it and use that as atlantisB permenantly in secret from the wraith.

I dont think anyone else on this forum could have thought of that immhotep. That is an awesome idea.

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM
There was actually a post somewhere in the forum about flying the city back to Earth and I think it would be a bad idea personally because the whole objective of the mission to Atlantis was to explore a new galaxy and find new tech, etc. and by taking Atlantis to Earth they would be able to explore the city yes but it wouldnt be the same plus there would be no Atlantis.

As for using the other city, yeah its a good idea but I dont think the people that live on that planet will like us taking over their protection from the Wraith. There must be more cities like that in the PG, there has to be

immhotep
February 13th, 2006, 03:30 PM
weve already taken their protection...we depleted the ZPM, the tower is actually useless, its literally just a building, if we decided to turn it in to the 2nd most fortified place in the galaxy i doubt they would mind.
If the ancients did have more cities, we will have them on record somewhere, being that atlnatis was the centre of the alteran domain, it seems likely something like a map of the main cities would be in the database somewhere.

Xanderic
February 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I don't think the Tower is that great. After all, if the Wraith do come, we'll be defenseless without another ZPM. I think it should be like the SG1 alpha site. A site that's built in a mountain. The Wraith can't exactly detect people inside a mountain can they?

immhotep
February 14th, 2006, 02:26 AM
what? you would prefer to see the AE hide inside a glorified cave when another atlantis that has been functioning for over 300years is sitting in a state that is perfectly habitable with a little hard craft/nifty beaming tech...
Our ZPM fitted in to that city might bring it back to life, if the deadalus can beam away the hillside, or better yet beam the city to the surface or space. ( we know the prommie can beam massive structures so i think it might be possible).

If they can recover another ZPM for atlantis, and then get another ZPM i wouldnt put it in to atlantis i would try and resurrect the sister city of atlantis, we need a name! olypmus ( im christening the tower olympus in my eyes!)
imagine having 2 atlantis's. i know the show would be able to cope, it wouldnt draw the focus away from atlantis, becuase atlantis is the only city that has the database. also the city might not even be complete, whihc is IMO better because it would allow us to study ancient building, so we repair, possibly even built new atlantis's.
im think that all of this wouldnt happen to like S6 but its very plausable that mkcay would think about olympus as an alpha site when all of the military would just assume that they need 'another SGC in a mountain'

Major Melton
February 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Building the Alpha Site in the Tower is a good idea, but from what i hear the Stargate isn't in the Tower like at Atlantis.

Steve_the_Wraith
February 14th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Building the Alpha Site in the Tower is a good idea, but from what i hear the Stargate isn't in the Tower like at Atlantis.
Plus there's the fact that the place is falling apart, remeber all those earth quakes

immhotep
February 14th, 2006, 02:56 AM
relocate the stargate, not a massive job... or just build a facility that links the two/ does it really matter...put an iris on the thing and it wouldnt matter if the jumper to fly the xtra half a mile to the gate.
Structural integrity. we can reinforce buildings here on earth, if we put a little TLC in to the tower we could dig away the entire hill, freeing up the pressure causing the earthquakes, reinforce where needed, and if we have to keep the interial dampners on low power permentantly to counteract and forces on the tower. Olypmus is quite possible and i dont think that there could ever be a better betasite in the PG other than another lantian citidel. which the tower is just in a little bit of a mess.

Steve_the_Wraith
February 14th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Thats a massive job, the tower is a city, or atleast sits on top a ruined one, the 'catacombs' are dangerously unstable turning a light on can trigger an earthquake, all that construstion could cause a massive earthquake undermining the foundations, bringing down the tower

Theres also the fact that many of the systems are terribly damaged, and the city doesn't have a ZPM anymore. The place is way beyond earths present ability to restore

Personally I'd be more inclined to sabotage whats left of the city to keep it out of the hands of the Wraith

Anyway if I was building an Alpha site I'd build one like the Genie, deep underground and shielded from Wraith scans. A safe refuge in times of trouble

Major Melton
February 14th, 2006, 07:15 AM
They would have to use the Deady to transport bulding matirals from Earth to the Alpha Site.

Xanderic
February 14th, 2006, 07:52 PM
1. The tower, that the Prommie beamed, was on top Earth with no underground layers. That was an easy task.

2. Atlantis, and its sister cityn are the Size of Manhattan each. You expect the Daedalus to be able to beam a structure that big from below the surface to above it? You must be crazy. The Daedalus can only beam people and inanimate objects with locator beacons on them. I don't think you can attach a locator beacon on soil and beam away the soil

3. You could move the stargate sideways on top of the soil and open a wormhole and remove the soil but there is no knowing how deep the city is buried from the surface.

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 01:40 AM
asgard beaming technolgy is very adaptable, it was used to do surgery for god sake! we could excavate the tower, its not impossible, it would involve bringing some large earth movers from earth on the deadalus though. ya know the things they used in like mining and stuff.

Steve_the_Wraith
February 15th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Regardless its a massive project 1000s of tonnes of equipment, hundreds of personal, billons of dollars, god knows how many trips by the Daedalus carrying all this stuff

Thas not mentioning that all this activity makes the site vunerable and un like Atlantis the site won't have a cloak

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 04:35 AM
but the reward is worth anything, we would be i possesson of two atlantis's. not one atlnatis, which is by far the greatest endevour huamn kind has ventured in to since opening the gate but TWO.
imagine the look on the wraith's face, after alot of work and alot of ZPM searching, when the humans from the tauri, take two atlantis superships, the orion, deadalus, odessey, and whatever ships we have and attack with full force. they wouldnt stand a chance, imagine if we could say that they new capital of earths defence was an atlantis city in antartica.
The power and respect we owuld get from owning both surviving lantian citidels. We would become the true decentants and replacers of the alterans, and we would deserve it. The ori facing two atlantis's would be awesome to watch and if we lose with two atlantis's then we have no chance of ever defeating them. This could be a S4,or 5 storyline but its a storyline that would place us far ahead of any other race alive today.

stargaters
February 15th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Just Firstly the Daedalus is loaded with Armourys full of weapons like the Prometheus was and if they had the fill things up with weapons medical supplys etc: why not use the PJs, Orion, Daedalus, the squad of 14 f302's to transport stuff or just send the stuff through the STARGATE... P.S the outpost city that was as big as Atlantis had earthquakes and the city was prone to structure coullaspe if you forgot that and the other outpost where they got the orion was destoryed by LAVA for an ACTIVE VOLCANO...

P.S the your location immhotep "flying over the lost city in my F-303" is false the F303 was the Prometheus ship design unless you are flying a destoryed ship. you would be flying in an F302

Major Melton
February 15th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I'ts to bad McKay can't Take the Culling beam from a Dart, and modifiy it to take larger objects, them all they would need to do i choose where they want the Tower. :mckay:

stargaters
February 15th, 2006, 04:53 AM
I'ts to bad McKay can't Take the Culling beam from a Dart, and modifiy it to take larger objects, them all they would need to do i choose where they want the Tower. :mckay:
thats true but i think it would be like a bit more safe my way because Mckay doesn't know all there is about Ancient tech Let Alone Wraith tech remember the Secret Virues deleted all the info that the wraith sent them so as a conclusion
it was hard enough to get rodney out the first time let alone losing an entire team by using unstable at best tech

Major Melton
February 15th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I suppose you'r right, it was only a idea.

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Just Firstly the Daedalus is loaded with Armourys full of weapons like the Prometheus was and if they had the fill things up with weapons medical supplys etc: why not use the PJs, Orion, Daedalus, the squad of 14 f302's to transport stuff or just send the stuff through the STARGATE... P.S the outpost city that was as big as Atlantis had earthquakes and the city was prone to structure coullaspe if you forgot that and the other outpost where they got the orion was destoryed by LAVA for an ACTIVE VOLCANO...

P.S the your location immhotep "flying over the lost city in my F-303" is false the F303 was the Prometheus ship design unless you are flying a destoryed ship. you would be flying in an F302
lol its a gw joke. a while ago i deisnged the next generation of fighters named the F-303, its been a thing of mine for about 6months...so no i wouldnt be flying over with an F-302.
also the outpost city was destroys thats clear.
but earth has structural engineers that may be able to stablise the city, and if all else fails then we can dig the city out and it would be better off...im the earthquakes are not quakes just tremmors cause by thre weight of the soil on the city.

knowles2
February 15th, 2006, 08:49 AM
It would be one hell of a project, but with a bit of luck, the asgurd transporters would make excuvating the city quite easy. Then stabelising the city would probably be the hardest part, I doubt whether we would ever be able to fly atlantis b home again it just seem to be to damage to me.

I think with the resources we have currently have It would be good to perhaps to have the alpha site base of on a different site to the tower and have the tower as the beta site and long term have it as the base for the team, while the first atlantis is flown home to be research by the rest of the human race,

Steve_the_Wraith
February 15th, 2006, 10:48 AM
It would be one hell of a project, but with a bit of luck, the asgurd transporters would make excuvating the city quite easy. Then stabelising the city would probably be the hardest part, I doubt whether we would ever be able to fly atlantis b home again it just seem to be to damage to me.

I think with the resources we have currently have It would be good to perhaps to have the alpha site base of on a different site to the tower and have the tower as the beta site and long term have it as the base for the team, while the first atlantis is flown home to be research by the rest of the human race,
We all agree the Tower would be cool to get up and running again

I just think its a long term goal - in the short term (next couple of years) a smaller alpha site would be easier to make

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 11:05 AM
There's also the fact that we destroyed the civilization of the people in The Tower. They are no longer "Nobles" because of their blood. As such, there may be a rebellion on the planet to destroy the nobles. (Think French Revolution). If that happens, and most everyone is destroyed... leaving only the villagers, then maybe excavating the sister city might work by forming an alliance with the villagers. However, we would need the Daedalus to go back to Earth and come back with archeologists and bulldozers. I think I read somewhere that Daniel gets his chance to visit Atlantis in Season 10 so we can look forward to that.

However, the sister city is mostly destroyed. We saw McKay and that guy get trapped beneath the city. Most of the spires of the sister city are probably destroyed. What we excavate will not look like Atlantis anymore. Therefore, the Wraith fighting 2 Atlantis's is unlikely. maybe 1.5 Atlantis's.

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I didnt say this would be easy or short term but 2 atlantis's, 1.5 atlantis is still better than anythin we have on earth...if the city has a sheild, and engine and drones, then theveything else is secondary...
The city is the closest thing to a ready made capital ship we will get for along time...area 51 are like experts at repairing and refitting ships by now. if we set up area 53 on the tower planet, they could have access to asgard beaming technology by simply having it as a stationary platform rather than on a ship.
power at the begining can be given by naquadah generators like atlantis had been. we may not ever get it back to earth but we can setup the planet to be a conventional alpha site around the gate while working on the city. then if we find enough ZPM's or have to evacuate atlantis and bring her ones we can scale up the restoration to full.

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I didnt say this would be easy or short term but 2 atlantis's, 1.5 atlantis is still better than anythin we have on earth...if the city has a sheild, and engine and drones, then theveything else is secondary...
The city is the closest thing to a ready made capital ship we will get for along time...area 51 are like experts at repairing and refitting ships by now. if we set up area 53 on the tower planet, they could have access to asgard beaming technology by simply having it as a stationary platform rather than on a ship.
power at the begining can be given by naquadah generators like atlantis had been. we may not ever get it back to earth but we can setup the planet to be a conventional alpha site around the gate while working on the city. then if we find enough ZPM's or have to evacuate atlantis and bring her ones we can scale up the restoration to full.

You do realize that there's more and more people getting involved in the Stargate project that eventually someone will get drunk and slip up and the world will know, right?

Second, we will have to make sure the locals actually let us excavate the city too. The "nobles" still live there, ya know. unless there is a revolution or the planet is culled. I hope the planet is culled. Then we can use it.

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
you actually think anyone of that planet will mind, they gave us all the drones they have in exchange for food... if we set up a canteen thier in exchange for the catacombs i dont think they will care, as to the nobles, black mails them, bribe them, its another atlantis give them c4 who cares!

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 03:22 PM
you actually think anyone of that planet will mind, they gave us all the drones they have in exchange for food... if we set up a canteen thier in exchange for the catacombs i dont think they will care, as to the nobles, black mails them, bribe them, its another atlantis give them c4 who cares!
the villagers will probably not mind but the nobles might. And why give them C4? They're not the Genii -.-'

immhotep
February 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM
i know but who knows they might be genii spies! no but they will wnat something better, maybe quarters in atlantis or something might do..

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM
i know but who knows they might be genii spies! no but they will wnat something better, maybe quarters in atlantis or something might do..
-.-' The Genii are under new leadership. We won't be having trouble with them any time soon.

freyr's mother
February 15th, 2006, 03:51 PM
If the ancients did have more cities, we will have them on record somewhere, being that atlnatis was the centre of the alteran domain, it seems likely something like a map of the main cities would be in the database somewhere.

The ancient database isnt what we once thought it was.

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 04:05 PM
The ancient database isnt what we once thought it was.
and I don't think the Atlantis database is fully complete because the Asgard have tackled the Ancient database and there are also Repositories in the MW for the databases.