This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's charged by the Stargate

I don't remember ever seeing this thread on GW forum so I'll go a head and start this one. Wouldn't it be really cool if the ZPM's were charged by the actual stargate itself this would be the scenario of how I would want to see it work.

It would have to be initialized by some complicated hidden program in the stargate system diagnostics itself. This system would allow the ZPM to draw power directly from the gates’ subspace wormhole that it creates and channel it directly into the ZPM’s mini subspace containment chamber. The SGC could program the gate to charge the ZPM by simply starting a dialing procedure to a random planet. This action would prompt all 9 chevrons to lock and cause the inner ring to start spinning really fast. The event horizon would then start swirling like in the episode A Matter of Time (season 2). Except this time it would form a type of raised (water bottle tornado) funnel effect in the event horizon that would somehow focus all of the subspace wormhole energy near center of the event horizon. They would then place the ZPM in the center of the Swirling Event horizon funnel and it would start to fluctuate with the glow of a full ZPM as it was charging. After it was close to being fully charged the spinning inner ring would start slowing down until the ZPM was fully charged then the ring would stop spinning and the event Horizon would stop swirling and recess into a typical event horizon. The recharged ZPM would get fully sucked into the event horizon then the gate would get shut down. Shortly after the gate would automatically dial back and spit out the ZPM. This would be very interesting to see in my opinion what do you guys think.

I have no idea if that would work, but in Hot Zone rodney said he had some theories and we have yet to see him do any experiments,

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
      I don't remember ever seeing this thread on GW forum so I'll go a head and start this one. Wouldn't it be really cool if the ZPM's were charged by the actual stargate itself this would be the scenario of how I would want to see it work.

It would have to be initialized by some complicated hidden program in the stargate system diagnostics itself. This system would allow the ZPM to draw power directly from the gates’ subspace wormhole that it creates and channel it directly into the ZPM’s mini subspace containment chamber. The SGC could program the gate to charge the ZPM by simply starting a dialing procedure to a random planet. This action would prompt all 9 chevrons to lock and cause the inner ring to start spinning really fast. The event horizon would then start swirling like in the episode A Matter of Time (season 2). Except this time it would form a type of raised (water bottle tornado) funnel effect in the event horizon that would somehow focus all of the subspace wormhole energy near center of the event horizon. They would then place the ZPM in the center of the Swirling Event horizon funnel and it would start to fluctuate with the glow of a full ZPM as it was charging. After it was close to being fully charged the spinning inner ring would start slowing down until the ZPM was fully charged then the ring would stop spinning and the event Horizon would stop swirling and recess into a typical event horizon. The recharged ZPM would get fully sucked into the event horizon then the gate would get shut down. Shortly after the gate would automatically dial back and spit out the ZPM. This would be very interesting to see in my opinion what do you guys think.
      That would be cool to see. Perhaps rather than a random planet you dial one with a black whole to increase the amount of power going to the ZPM.

Comment

This has already been though of by the writers It was mentioned by Rodney in a episode, he mentioned he had theories on how to re power the ZPM's using the gates energy. Unfortunately i can't remember the episode he said this.
        Christopher H.
        Stargate Atlantis Fan
        WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Seeing that you actually need energy to dial the gate, and that stargate do not produce energy, and that wormholes generally suck a lot, even more with a 9 chevron lock, you would not repower the ZPM, but you may in fact deplete it even more, dematterialize it, lose it, damage it or even destroy it.
          There's no secret. If you want to repower the ZPM, you need a source of energy, yet, ZPMs are the second best source of energy thus far besides the ascended plan and the fabric of our own space time, two sources which of course aren't available to the humans on Atlantis.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
            The SGC could program the gate to charge the ZPM by simply starting a dialing procedure to a random planet. This action would prompt all 9 chevrons to lock and cause the inner ring to start spinning really fast.
            How would that cause all 9 chevrons to lock?

If you told the computer to dial a random planet it would just dial a random 7 digit combination.

Also, Pegasus gates are digital, not analog. The inner ring doesn't actually move, it just lights up. And the inner ring on MW gates don't do anything besides move the symbols into position for dialing, just like using an old rotary phone. There has never been anything at any point in the show (that I've seen) that suggests the inner ring's motion created a dynamo effect, which is what you seem to be suggesting it would do.

Hell, I don't think I've seen an episode later than the first season where a DHD dialed gate has had the inner ring spin. It seems only ours does.

Comment

That might work, and it would be cool to see.
              http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
              If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
              **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

That's like saying, Im gonna go charge my batteries with my kitchen door.

Comment

Not if you have an automatic kitchen door! Totaly different story! But i doubt that it would work like Junior described. Maybe they will get back to McKays theory in the future.

Comment

that's prolly how dhds stay charged. stargates recharge them

Comment

Originally posted by baal.ex
                      Not if you have an automatic kitchen door! Totaly different story! But i doubt that it would work like Junior described. Maybe they will get back to McKays theory in the future.
                      My kitchen door is magic, Look

Comment

He said dummy ZPM
                        sigpic
                        I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          that's prolly how dhds stay charged. stargates recharge them
                          So stargates can get energy from... where?
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The DHD?

Comment

Oz..... maybe?

And McKay ain't the only one with a magic kitchen door.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...asga_1_344.jpg

Okay... so it's not magic, but....... close enough.
                              Last edited by kiwigater; 23 February 2006, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X