This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Season 1 Episode Order

Does anyone know why the DVD SG-1 Season One episodes are not in the same sequence as the 1997-1998 TV episodes?

Any info would be appreciated.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat?

I didnt know they were different. Have you checked the GW episode guides for S1 to see whether they are in the correct order?

Comment

Originally posted by GateArchivist
      Does anyone know why the DVD SG-1 Season One episodes are not in the same sequence as the 1997-1998 TV episodes?

Any info would be appreciated.

You mean the broadcast of the episodes was different than the order on the Season 1 DVD set? This is the first heard about it.

Comment

I just noticed this today, co-incidentally.

Both the episode threads in the Season 1 folder and the Episode list on the main GW site list "The Nox" as 107. On the Season 1 DVD set, it is "Episode 12," or Episode 14, if you count COTG (which is listed as "Pilot" rather than an Episode) as 101 and 102.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just checked all my Season 1 discs to check what order they are presented in. Included in brackets is what episode GateWorld lists them as:

Volume 1
          Pilot - Children of the Gods (101)
          Episode 1 - The Enemy Within (102)
          Episode 2 - Emancipation (103)

Volume 2
          Episode 4 - The Broca Divide (104)
          Episode 5 - The First Commandment (105)
          Episode 6 - Brief Candle (108)
          Episode 7 - Cold Lazarus (106)
          Episode 8 - Thor's Hammer (109)

Volume 3
          Episode 9 - The Torment of Tantalus (110)
          Episode 10 - Bloodlines (111)
          Episode 11 - Fire and Water (112)
          Episode 12 - The Nox (107)
          Episode 13 - Hathor (113)

Volume 4
          Episode 14 - Cor-ai (115)
          Episode 15 - Singularity (114)
          Episode 16 - Enigma (116)
          Episode 17 - Tin Man (118)
          Episode 18 - Solitudes (117)

Volume 5
          Episode 19 - There But for the Grace of God (119)
          Episode 20 - Politics (120)
          Episode 21 - Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That a UK box set? Mine is the same, dont know why they did it but they re-ordered them, like in S8, the Region 2 disks have Citizen Joe after Threads, when it was in fact shown before Reckoning.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Nope, mine's Region 1. And I know it's not mislabeled, the crappy old DVD player that my mom and dad have play my S1 discs, which won't play ANYTHING other than store-bought CDs and Region 1 DVDs. Piece of junk won't play burned DVDs, burned VCDs, hell it won't even play burned audio CDs.

Comment

Season 2, Volume 4 is also a bit screwed up:

Volume 4
                Episode 15 - A Matter of Time (216)
                Episode 16 - The Fifth Race (215)
                Episode 17 - Serpent's Song (218)
                Episode 18 - Holiday (217)

Other than that though, the season is ordered properly.

Comment

Working...
                X