This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology against ascension, alliance against themselves

Now, we've only seen one device in the Stargate universe which can trap ascended beings. But it's pretty inefficient and probably wouldn't work on an intelligent energy being. Projectile weapons worked against the Replicators, but they were still inefficient because a Replicator could get into a nook or cranny and replicate from a position where humans couldn't get to. Or they could just deactivate the atmosphere in a ship and then replicate themselves. Projectile weapons weren't an adequate solution to a Replicator infestation. But then we encountered the Kiron disrupter.

The 4-race alliance was formed from benevolent beings. I'm assuming the majority of the Nox and Furlings are benevolent. We've only seen a colony of Nox and I'm going to state that the majority of Nox civilization is in another galaxy. Perhaps the Ancients realized in their infinite wisdom that if they ascended, they'd have a monopoly on power and wanted the highly advanced race to share a technology that would defend themselves against Ancient political shift without significantly elevating their technology. There would be no guarantee that the Ancients would be benevolent forever. The alliance would parallel the Asgard-Tau'ri relationship. We get technology, but the physics of the technology can't be integrated directly into our society to greatly accelerate our growth rate.

The Ori are corrupted because of their power, the Alterans most likely feared becoming the Ori themselves. I'd say if the Asgard, Nox, and Furling have antiascension technology, their would be a system of checks and balances against the Ancients becoming tyrannical like the Ori. And also, it would also mean the Ancients don't have to police every sector of the universe against the Ori.

We know the Ori can't directly enter into the Milky Way and the Pegasus because of Ancient protection, but are the Ancients protecting Ida? The Ori, with their omnipotence, could slaughter every Asgard that refused to believe. The Ancient policy of noninterference would be severely tested if the Milky Way & Pegasus neighbour galaxies were attacked.

And Replicarter hinted at such a technology in Reckoning, by telling Daniel that there's a way to defeat Anubis inside Daniel's mind.
    Last edited by DetriusXii; 11 February 2006, 08:31 PM.

Anubis was half ascended.
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      Anubis was half ascended.
      What does that have to do with anything? He was still an energy being. And it was stated he could use his ascended powers, but would be punished by the Ancients by doing so.

Comment

I do believe there is a way to destroy an ascended being. My theory is that we can toss an ascended being into a black hole. Nothing escapes it. Maybe the gravity can tear apart energy waves as well. I think a black hole would destroy an ascended being.

Comment

Interesting read, I cant wait to see what pans out.
          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

my god i was about to post this! replicarter said there was a was to defeat anubis in daniels mind, so logically isnt there a device that could destroy the ori in his mind also.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              my god i was about to post this! replicarter said there was a was to defeat anubis in daniels mind, so logically isnt there a device that could destroy the ori in his mind also.
              Where is that RepliCarter when you need her?

Mattathias

Comment

i know! but im sure that other technolgy could be used, i wonder what would happen if daniel got gene therapy, then took a load of the repository of knoweldge... would it merge with his subconscious and hed become ancient?!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Its also kind of possible that she was lying...i mean she did say she would leave earth alone and earth got invaded so its possible it was just a method for her to gain more information.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                    Its also kind of possible that she was lying...i mean she did say she would leave earth alone and earth got invaded so its possible it was just a method for her to gain more information.
                    Why would she lie about something that posed a threat to her own existence? She made her intentions known to Daniel by revealing the weapon @ Dakara and her plans to destroy it.

Comment

bullcrap

cept that one part bout ori

Comment

the black hole idea wouldn't work. The ancients are on a different plane of existance. A black hole would only affect what is on our plane of existance, not the ancients.

Secondly, i do believe there is a way to destroy an ascended being, otherwise the Ori are wasting their time.

Also, there isn't anything that suggests that the Ori know about the Ida galaxy or stuff....Oma herself said that the universe is vast. Just b/c your ascended doesn't mean you know everything, just that you have a greater knowledge and understanding of the Universe and its wonders. Doesn't mean you have a telescope from the ethereal planes lookin around and saying "hey, whos that in the ida galaxy"

Comment

If there is a way to destroy an ascended being maybe it can only be done by another ascended being, one that is on an equal plane of existence.

Comment

Don't worry guys and gals Carter always finds a way.
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

RepliCarter saw in Daniel's mind and told him that he knew how to get rid of Anubis, right? Well, if it's there, I want to see the return of the Omoroca guy in Fire and Water in Season 1. He said "The knowledge is there. In your mind." Well, the knowledge to kill the ascended is also in Daniel's mind. And that guy did use his technology to probe Daniel's mind even though it could have caused damage to his brain. And also at the end of the ep, he did say "perhaps in time" that his people and the Tau'ri could be friends.
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                              X