This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Automatics vs Staff Weapons

In a shootout on an alien world would you rather have a staff weapon like the Jaffa or a semi automatic like the Tauri. They both have there respective advantages and disadvantages.

Semi Automatics
    +Faster rate of fire
    +Ability to flood area with bullets
    +You have to expose less of your body to fire
    + Can be drawn and fired faster than staff weapons
    +Smaller and more compact /Can be concealed under clothes
    - Known to be ineffective against shielded targets
    -Limited Ammo
    -Enemies can survive and sometime continue to fight after being hit
    -Must carry around heavy ammunition
    -Can jam/ More prone to failure

Staff Weapons
    +Can double as close range melee weapon
    +One hit kill
    +Unlimited ammo
    +Does more damage to non-living things
    + Does more damage to shielded targets
    -Slow rate of fire
    -Large and bulky/ hard to fire in tight quarters
    -Harder to hit targets because you only get one shot at a time
    -Cannot be silenced
    -You must expose a lot of your body to fire

P.S. Just remember that the good guys carry the semi automatics and always win because they are the heroes. Not necessarily because they weapons are superior.

wrong forum section buddy, and staff weapon w/ a scope
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Sorry man, no Jaffas or staff weapons in Stargate Atlantis!
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
        Sorry man, no Jaffas or staff weapons in Stargate Atlantis!
        Well... if I were on the original expedition I would have wanted to take a Zat with me.

Comment

they should use zats in atlantis

Comment

Even though this is in the wrong section, I will remark:

I think it was in the episode called The Warrior (SG-1) that O'neill had Carter demonstrate the killing efficiency of Tau'ri weapons over that of a staff weapon.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
              Even though this is in the wrong section, I will remark:

I think it was in the episode called The Warrior (SG-1) that O'neill had Carter demonstrate the killing efficiency of Tau'ri weapons over that of a staff weapon.
              Yup.

We were going to see about an alliance between us and a rebel Jaffa leader who turned out to be the Goa'uld underlord Imhotep. Part of the alliance included us supplying and training Jaffa with our weaponry. The Jaffa were giving us some attitude about our weaponry so Jack arranged a little impromptu competition between Rak'nor's staff weapon and Sam's P90.

Sam won.

The reason why I would go with Tau'ri weapons over Jaffa was demonstrated in that episode. Staff weapons are weapons of terror, our weapons are weapons of death. Their's are meant to kill indescriminately and strike fear into the population. Our's are meant to kill the specific target.

Now, with the Wraith stun guns there's no real reason to have Zats in Pegasus anymore. Personally though, I'd still want one. Unless of course the Wraith stun guns have the same 1-2-3 pop that Zats do.

Now, I have a question about Wraith weaponry. I haven't seen very many episodes of Atlantis yet so I don't know if the Wraith have any small arms besides their stun pistols and stun... rifles I guess you could call them. Now, I know the stun rifles have that long-ass bayonet thing they can use to impale enemies with, but other than that, do the Wraith have any lethal small-arms?

Comment

Zats. Zats can stun, kill, or disentegrate. Atlantis should use them over those stupid looking Wraith stunners.

Comment

Short term with the ability to get home:
                  Projectile weapon

Long term with the possibility of being cut off from the stargate:
                  staff weapon

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Unless of course the Wraith stun guns have the same 1-2-3 pop that Zats do.
                    That would be just a bit toooo much of a co-inkydink. I sure hope TPTB can do us better "copy" than that...

Comment

Originally posted by FNH USA P90
                      Zats. Zats can stun, kill, or disentegrate. Atlantis should use them over those stupid looking Wraith stunners.
                      A question: With the wraith so able to regenerate, what if 2 shots from a Zat didn't kill them; would the 3rd shot still disentegrate them?

Comment

This is an example of a semi-auto weapon. So's this.

Comment

The staff is not always a one hit kill weapon however it does have the benefit of no ammuntion which saves time on reloading . But it is very big and awkward to use and it very difficult to take cover when taking enemy fire. The semi-automactic fire disperses rounds and the sound is more frightening and it has the ability to be silenced which also adds to the fear factor which can be a powerful weapon on its own.
                          "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Working...
                          X