Rose and Bernard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose and Bernard

Okay then, TPTB have hinted that there will be a Rose and Bernard flashback in S3, and I was just wondering what you thought it might be.

here is my idea:

Bernard ran a computer company which he sold and make millions of Dollars (64 million to be precise) and then met and married Rose, the two then went on to run another company together but the company went bust, leaving them penniless, or nearlly penniless anyway

Heres where it comes from:

In the deleted scenes on the DVD for S1, Claire is talking to the pilot in the airport, she tells him about the psychic. The pilot then gives Claire his story, his arents divorced and his mother met a man named Bernard who was short and had a bad combover, his mother went to a psycic who told her of her future partner, a man with healing hands and blond hair, she left Bernard who then went on to sell his computor company for 64 million.
    -Coincidene? Maybe, but then, so is a lot in Lost, and we know that the characters are all intertwined in one way or another.

The company bit is based on the origional idea for Kate, who, at first was the leader after Jacks death (which was planned for the 1st episode) she was a woman sitting in a plane who's husband was in the back, her arc was her waiting for her husband, who she always believed was still alive. Though it was covered by commentary, it sounded like she said they ran a buisness together, though im not 100%

The last bit, about them being broke is speculation on my part, but I cant see the two of them being worth $64 million, it would be too much to have them being millionaires as well as Hurley.

Anyway, thats just my theory, what do you think?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Awww crap, just saw a "Longest Con" preview and Hurley said Bernard was a dentist, ki nda blows pretty much all of my thoery out of the water.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

It was still a really good theory though, I never pick up stuff like that. I heard somewhere that someone thought Rose might go bad/evil? I don't see how that could happen, Rose is like, the person that least deserves to be there, but any thoughts on that? Or maybe just possible spies in general?

Comment

Well, i dont know about her going evil, but anything could happen if the others got a hold of her, we are still missing a lot of info on the others, but one of the stations was psycology, so perhaps they could mess with her mind.

Comment

Working...
        X