This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improving the Asguard

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the asguard, i think they are great and a welocome addition to a show dominated by very human 'aliens'.

However, they have become slightly boring of late, and by late I mean in the later episodes where they were loosing to the Replicators (they have been a bit of a no-show in season 9 imo). We never really see much of them, our usual trip onto one of their ships reveals that most of them are piloted by a crew of.......er.....one. Yes, I know that they are having a population problem, but surely there are more of them than that.

Anyway, I think it would be good to share ideas of how to improve the Asguard for when they next show up. They have gotten rid of the Replicator problem, so there are no real things holding them back (apart from pop. problems , but for the sake of the show they will solve this fast).

One of my favourite ideas was to show asguard ground troops. Yes, that doesnt sound very plausible since they are small and frail and all, but think about their technology. They are far more advanced than any others, even the Ori maybe, so it seems equally plausible that they can find a way round physicall limitations. My cousin recently started collecting Warhammer, in particular an army called the Tau. The Tau use battlesuits in combat, like sleek jetpack rocket wielding combat suits, and IMO these would easily suit the Asguard.

It certianly seems within their technological capabilities, and would look pretty sweet.

I don't think they have become boring, I just would like to see them more often. Earth is due a visit from Thor soon.

Comment

They're alreadying sparing people to come on our ships while they're busying rebuilding after the replicators. I think by Season 11 they will have rebuilt most of their civilization. At that point, we may see even more of the Asguard as well their culture.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I like the Asgard. I believe that they are a wonderful species, and the tie-ins to Norse mythology was absolutely amazing. I was a just a kid when I first watched SG-1 and I didn't understand it at first, but the name Thor really got my attention. I hope to see more of the Asgard in Season 10, and perhaps a Season 11!!

Comment

The reason we don't see mor eof them, they are bloody expensive to do.
          Woul di like to see more of them? hell yes, Asgard rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
            The reason we don't see mor eof them, they are bloody expensive to do.
            Woul di like to see more of them? hell yes, Asgard rule.

Maybe they need to pick the brain of Brian Henson and the Jim Henson Company. They were able to pull off Farscape for several years and two main characters were puppets (Rygel and Pilot) and several other characters were in full makeup. Stargate doesn't have that intense need but maybe they can pick their brain for cut cutting help.

More Asguard . . . More Asguard . . . More Asguard

Say it with me y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by lazerbrain
              Maybe they need to pick the brain of Brian Henson and the Jim Henson Company. They were able to pull off Farscape for several years and two main characters were puppets (Rygel and Pilot) and several other characters were in full makeup. Stargate doesn't have that intense need but maybe they can pick their brain for cut cutting help.

Say it with me y'all.
              That may work
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by lazerbrain

Say it with me y'all.
                Spell Asgard right and I'll consider it

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                  I don't think they have become boring, I just would like to see them more often. Earth is due a visit from Thor soon.
                  Man, do I hear that. I can't get enough of the Asgard. They are just an awesome species. Very interesting. I hope our buddy Thor drops in sometime soon, too. He just can't be topped.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    Spell Asgard right and I'll consider it
                    I spell it Asguard. Asguard makes more sense since they are GUARDing us.
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

ASGARD!!! I spell it the way you should!

I think the asgard have been quiet as they are rebuilding, 'ripple effect' told us that Thor is busy in a far reach of the Iden galaxy...could it be that o'neill is with him building a new earth vessel to help defeat the Ori.

Reasons for
                      1. New Earth vessels have Asgard on to make sure their tech is used correctly, the Asgard population isn't great so why put one on a weaker ship? (See Deadalus)

2. Jack was put in charge of a top secret project...could be ship building.

3. The Ori threat would hit the Asgard as well in their weakened state.

4. Earth saved the Asgard from the Replicators, a war that raged for many years…killing many Asgard and destroying loads of vessels.

sigpic

Comment

Imagine it...massive fire fight and a new ship flies in with o'neill commanding the flight deck.

sigpic

Comment

TPTB may ask RDA to come back as a guest on SG-1 but I don't think there will be anything that dramatic for RDA's char anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701
                            ASGARD!!! I spell it the way you should!

I think the asgard have been quiet as they are rebuilding, 'ripple effect' told us that Thor is busy in a far reach of the Iden galaxy...could it be that o'neill is with him building a new earth vessel to help defeat the Ori.

Reasons for
                            1. New Earth vessels have Asgard on to make sure their tech is used correctly, the Asgard population isn't great so why put one on a weaker ship? (See Deadalus)

2. Jack was put in charge of a top secret project...could be ship building.

3. The Ori threat would hit the Asgard as well in their weakened state.

4. Earth saved the Asgard from the Replicators, a war that raged for many years…killing many Asgard and destroying loads of vessels.

#2 -- You might be on to something...

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                              #2 -- You might be on to something...
                              Thing is, Jack isn't a desk job guy as you well see in season 8. I bet he's 'retired' on the planet where he got stuck once with that woman. watch him come through the Stargate and shock SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X