This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just wondering....

About how many years do you think a Wraith would get from a Go'auld as compared to a human? Maybe they would be a better meal? Or, why don't we just send them a sarcophagus and call a truce?

SPOILERS

Well, symbiotes live for a couple hundred years unassisted, but I don't know how important size is to quality of the food and whatnot.

A sarcophagus is designed to repair damage and regenerate tissue/prolong life. It isn't technically a source of food. A goa'uld still has to eat. The Wraith feed off life energy and there is no life in the sarc itself, so I don't think that would work.

Comment

Hmmm...My first impression was that the Wraiths just needed the "life energy" (years) so size would not matter. Not sure if they also needed a steak and pototoes with their years. But now that I think about it there was that baked beast on the table. What was it was meant for....for wraiths to feast on? They must eat real food or else there would be no point to garnish it all up and put it on the table. Why would they even have a table if they did not eat? My guess would be that they need both. Food to survive and life energy to live "forever".

Comment

SPOILERS for Rising

The roast beast was meant for the Wraith's victim. Or so I assume. The Wraith are fine living off life energy (as far as I know) but I don't know how MUCH life energy there would be in a symbiote. It may live for hundreds of years, but its "container" (the symbiote's body) is relatively small. I don't know enough about the whole life energy nonsense to really speculate, but it could be interesting to see if "size matters" to the Wraith.

Going on the longer lifespan thing, you would think they'd prey more on babies and small children since they would have more energy than someone who has already used up a lot of years, but judging from Rising, they seemed to stick mostly to the adults.

This could be something which will be expanded upon in later eps. Children's Hour being at least one example that comes to mind.

Now, the REAL gimmick would be to use a sarc on the victims... drain them to the brink of death, revive them, start over. Or would the "taste" lessen with each regeneration?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Now, the REAL gimmick would be to use a sarc on the victims... drain them to the brink of death, revive them, start over. Or would the "taste" lessen with each regeneration?
          Their victims would probably become less "tasty." Just like the sarcophogus drains the good from someone, it would drain the "flavor" from them.
          Rocky

Comment

I wonder what "life energy" tastes like..... Chicken?
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

It probably tastes like...nothing!!!! Do you think the Wraith's have taste buds in their hands?? Draining energy from someone probably just makes them feel re-energized.
              Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
              Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
              Mayboune: *shrugs*
              - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Working...
              X