Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amanda Blake's Office (Formerly Dr Lancaster's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Blake's Office (Formerly Dr Lancaster's)

Warning: May contain Nuts

Due to the number of people suffering from nightmares, flashbacks, stress, depression and general loopiness, we now have a resident psych, Dr Hermione Lancaster. She's very old schoolmistressy with steely blue/grey eyes and platinum hair. She's probably in her early-mid fifties, very strict and no nonsense.

Hermione swept into her office and sat down at her desk. She admired how ordered everything was, it all had its place.

She turned on her computer, a rare event, she much preferred speaking to people in person, preferred analysing handwriting to typeface. She may be deemed old fashioned, but virtual personas created a whole new set of problems and facets for the ageing psychologist.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

[From anywhere]
    "Hello"

Comment

Hermione looked up at the young man. Canadian by the sound of his accent and choice of greeting.

"In future I recomment knocking, Lieutenant," she said briskly, flicking off her computer. "Take a seat."

She indicated to the comfy armchairs in the office and picked up a notepad and pend. She moved over to sit in one of the chairs and poured two glasses of water from the jug on the coffee table between them.

Comment

*Mckay lurches over to the chair and sits down*

Comment

Hermione pursed her lips as the Lieutenant lurched.

"So, what can I do for you, Lieutenant?"

Comment

"Therapy" Mckay said loosley.

Comment

"This is not a four star spa and health resort, Lieutenant," Hermione snapped. "I have no referral from the General or from the medical staff. As much as I encourage patients to come in of their own free will, I will need something more substantial than one word answers."

She crossed her legs and made a note on paper.

"If however, you are looking for a pat on the head and a cuddle, I would suggest seeing Major Howard," she added. "I have heard that she has an excellent record with petulant children, being a mother to three herself."

Comment

"What ever ya say , Doc"
                *Mckay starts to leave*
                (Stop me)

Comment

"Wait right there, Lieutenant," barked Lancaster. "You do not come waltzing into my office without introductions, nor do you leave it without formal dismissal."

She uncrossed her legs and leant forward in her chair.

"Now what was it you wanted to see me about?"

Comment

"Well Ma'am, Im having some trouble coping with the fact that my wife my brother and everyone I know is dead"
                    Mckay said sadly

Comment

Hermione's features softened slightly as she eyed the young officer. She lifted her glass and took a long sip.

"It is something that we are all having to deal with, Lieutenant," she told him, her voice slightly softer. "You're not alone."

Lancaster felt a pang of guilt. Was she the only one on this base that hadn't lost everyone?

Comment

"To be quite frank with you Ma'am"
                        Mckay's voice weakend as he began to cry
                        "I don't care about qanyone else right now"

Comment

Hermione moved a box of tissues across the table towards McKay, then leant back, jotting notes on her paper.

"Why would that be, Lieutenant?" she asked.

((Sorry, but Hermione is no Tea-And-Sympathy giver)

Comment

"Because"
                            Mckay said angrily

Comment

Hermione scribbled down on her pad. Angry at other survivors

"Let's start at the beginning, shall we?" she told him, eyeing him with her steely blue eyes. "What made you come to me now?"

Comment

Working...
                              X