This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori in Pegasus

The may be contraversal but i would like SG1 to leek that there are humans in Pegasus to the ori.

If you think about it would stretch there army and i have no dealt that they could have a prolonged battle with the wraith (which lets face it would be sweet). it would be a good story arc and i think that it would be a good way stop the ori advancing in the MW without any sort of real resistance.

Originally posted by Wonky Bob
    The may be contraversal but i would like SG1 to leek that there are humans in Pegasus to the ori.

If you think about it would stretch there army and i have no dealt that they could have a prolonged battle with the wraith (which lets face it would be sweet). it would be a good story arc and i think that it would be a good way stop the ori advancing in the MW without any sort of real resistance.
    It wouldn't be sweet, simply because all humans would bow to 'Origin', after they wiped out the Wraith. Then that's more millions of followers for the Ori to drain.

They will never do that & endanger human lives, as well as giving the Ori another galaxy full of humans, which increases their power greatly again.

The new enemies are coming in S3, so they along with the SGA team & Orion. Then the Asgard coming in S3 on top of that will be more than enough for the Wraith to handle.

Besides, if you read Martin Gero's old thread. He said that the Ori didn't previously know the Goa'uld but they did know the Wraith. So this assumes that they've been or had someone in Pegasus before.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
      It wouldn't be sweet, simply because all humans would bow to 'Origin', after they wiped out the Wraith. Then that's more millions of followers for the Ori to drain.

They will never do that & endanger human lives, as well as giving the Ori another galaxy full of humans, which increases their power greatly again.

The new enemies are coming in S3, so they along with the SGA team & Orion. Then the Asgard coming in S3 on top of that will be more than enough for the Wraith to handle.

Besides, if you read Martin Gero's old thread. He said that the Ori didn't previously know the Goa'uld but they did know the Wraith. So this assumes that they've been or had someone in Pegasus before.

You miss understand you poor little thing

There would be little resistance to this in pegasus in regards to the worshiping. let them worship

there would be another 100 years war that would either see the wraith win again or be wiped out and it would give earth the perfect opertunity to get some lantian tech on there side.

Comment

I understood perfectly old one!

The whole point is that the human population would easily worship the Ori, especially if they started wiping out the Wraith. They would see the Ori as saviours & so in blindly following them, the Ori would be getting millions more followers & so would become much stronger again.

That's what they do, they drain their followers.

So leaking (Not leek like the vegetable ) the information of a whole new galaxy of humans to them. Doesn't make any sense, especially siince they're trying to stop the Ori from getting worship in the first place.

In 'Ethon', they came & gave the Rand a sat weapons & after that they were getting technology to allow them to attack other non believing worlds.

To cut it short, the Ori come, they weaponise the primitive planets to allow them to destroy Wraith ships. All the human worlds will quickly bow to these god like figures. Especially since a lot are still worshipping the Ancients, which are an offshoot of the Ori. The Ori get a new galaxy of human followers. The Wraith get defeated, then granted the Wraith may be gone. BUT now there is a bigger badder threat in an Ori dominated galaxy. The Ori are much more powerful that the Wraith, so in seeing that they can't even compete with the Wraith, then what would happen when the Ori ships & sat weapons come calling in the very near future. Prometheus was upgraded with the same tech as the Daedalus. Yet a much dumbed down version of their weapon cut through Asgard shields like butter. If thathad been more advanced tech, then it wouldn't have needed a recharge time between shots., & could have took it out in a matter of secs, then moved onto the next target.

Get the point now, they may come & defeat the Wraith. However the end result will be an Ori dominated galaxy, teeming with their weapons & ships, priors etc. That's much more difficult to stop that a Wraith controlled galaxy.

Besides what even makes you think that they would fight for 100 years with the Wraith. The Rand built a much more inferior weapons sat in around 6 months. A few of them around the galaxy & the shieldless Hive ships would be totast. Then the fact that since it's so primitive & floowers don't have the materials to contruct anything in orbit, then the Priors & possibly other followers from their home galaxy would come & build it for them.

Think of it this way, if the Daedalus had Wraith weapons or the beam from the weapons sat platform. It could go around destroying Hive ships in a matter of mins. A few more Daedalus class ships armed with that tech & they could clear the galaxy entirely of Wraith in a matter of weeks.

The same goes for the Orion, a few more of those in a fully working condition & they'd tear the Wraith apart.

They'd never knowingly hand over information of another primitive galaxy to the Ori to go & convert.

Understand now how they'd never do it. The end result would be an Ori dominated galaxy & that's much, much, much more difficult to overcome than a starving Wraith controlled galaxy!

Comment

I havent heard of this before, that should prove interesting.

It would be interesting if the Ori enter Pegasus (though unlikely to happen as they want to keep the shows separate). I mean they could use the fact that they are Ancients (Pegasus inhabitant Ancestors) to their advantage but then again the Pegasus galaxy inhabitants seem to be more 'aware' of the Ancients then the Milky Way galaxy humans. So they could resist more as they believe firmly in the Ancestors then humans in MW.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob

ORI IN PEGASUS!!!!! ARE YOU MAD THAT WOULD TOTTALY BE A BAD STORYLINE NEXT YOU'LL SAY PUTTING VALA MAL DORAN IN ATLANTIS IS A GOOD IDEA. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
            VALA MAL DORAN SUCKS

imagine the guy running as vala

Comment

Originally posted by Twinks22
              ORI IN PEGASUS!!!!! ARE YOU MAD THAT WOULD TOTTALY BE A BAD STORYLINE NEXT YOU'LL SAY PUTTING VALA MAL DORAN IN ATLANTIS IS A GOOD IDEA. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
              Do you want to get banned? Stop going into every thread and bashing Vala, if you want to say something start your own thread dont ruin every other thread on the board!

Comment

"Poor little thing"

"old one"

"Vala Mal Doran in Atlantis"

Ok... *walks out*

Mattathias

Comment

I have a feeling the Ori can only drain energy from Humans within the galaxy they are located in. So i don't believe this will be much of an issue for now. Possibly if future seasons of Atlantis is could be but that all depends on when SG1 ends and fallout from the Ori arc in that series.
                  Christopher H.
                  Stargate Atlantis Fan
                  WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Originally posted by buzlighty1
                    I have a feeling the Ori can only drain energy from Humans within the galaxy they are located in. So i don't believe this will be much of an issue for now. Possibly if future seasons of Atlantis is could be but that all depends on when SG1 ends and fallout from the Ori arc in that series.
                    Isn't that the point! They get the followers first, then allow them to go back through the gate to the home galaxy, just exactly like they did with Gerak, when he was made a Prior.

The Ori drain whatever it is they take exactly from their followers, then they get stronger & when they've got enough strengttrenght & power, they'll take out the Ancients.

So it is very much an issue right at this moment. While they may not drain them immediately, the fact is that they'll get either Priorized or given tach to destroy the non believers. Which if you think about it, with Pegasus being so primitive because of the Wraith. Then a little magic show will turn them all to 'Origin' in minutes after seeing the Prior in action.

So the main problem isn't getting the humans drained by the Ori, it's then trying to remove Priors & other Ori followers from Pegasus when they get there. Then when worlds do get converted, it's taking them on with their new Ori tech, which leaves two solutions. Either try & negotiate with them about the Ori being evil & tell them the truth, or if they're really converted then it's either wipe them out or watch them wipe you out in the Ori's name.

Simply the Ori won't drain you first, they'll convert you & get you to do their dirty work for them. Then when you've proven your undenying loyalty for their cause, then you'll be taken back & seen to in person by them. Which is when they'll drain you. The Rand protectorate, should be the perfect example of what they'll do. They'll come, preach & promise to the people. They'll then deliver some of what they promise. Be that healing the sick, give you technology to destroy your enemies etc, then the next step is the ability to wipe out other non believing worlds.

Comment

Awesome Idea.

Comment

Hey guys, actually i think wonky bob has a little point it would be a good way to bring both shows to a climax like in a movie idea (think a repeat of threads) then they could find a way to finish the ori something like finally turning the accended on the Ori there would be a lot of complications obviously but I think it would be something for the directors to consider in the late future ie 4 years. Plus I found out a new defence against the Ori apparently they dont like fishing

Comment

oh yea guys without sounding like a pain id watch your spoiler links there guys

Comment

there's prolly only bout 100million to one billion in pegasus becuse the wraith. could get that from 3-5 worlds in MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie
                              Hey guys, actually i think wonky bob has a little point it would be a good way to bring both shows to a climax like in a movie idea (think a repeat of threads) then they could find a way to finish the ori something like finally turning the accended on the Ori there would be a lot of complications obviously but I think it would be something for the directors to consider in the late future ie 4 years. Plus I found out a new defence against the Ori apparently they dont like fishing
                              Everybody knows that it's going to eventually come down to the ascended Ancients vs the ascended Ori in the end. If they don't get a chance to finish it on the TV series, then they'll do the exact same as Farscape with the Peacekeeper Wars.

So being that if this were to happen, then it'd be the end of the road for Atlantis as well if they were to bring it to a climax with the Wraith like Sg-1. So being that they won't even used Zats in Atlantis because of crossovers, then I somehow can't see them going down that road. There will be crossovers in the future, MG even said in his thread that the Ori didn't know the Goa'uld but they did know the Wraith & all will be revealed. He did also say things like we'd get plenty of 302 action in S2, yet that didn't happen, so will take it with a pinch of salt.

If the ascended Ancients do turn on the Ori, then it really won't affect Pegasus & the Wraith situation at all. The only way they can get that information is by taking it from the SGC, Asgard or perhaps a captured ship etc, where they can probe the crew's minds. So since they're just starting Atlantis out, & also bringing in the new HZ virus creators as a recurring enemy, then I think it's fairly safe to assume that the Priors won't be finding out about Atlantis, at least until the end of S10 at the very earliest.

Originally posted by Murchie
                              oh yea guys without sounding like a pain id watch your spoiler links there guys
                              Technically since it's S3, which hasn't even began filming yet, then there isn't any need for spoilers in any of the S3 threads, only S2 which is currently airing in the UK & US.

there's prolly only bout 100million to one billion in pegasus becuse the wraith. could get that from 3-5 worlds in MW.
                              Doubt theres even anywhere near that mark left, every world they've been to seems rather lacking of people. Even the Athosians were few in numbers in S1. Since there's around 60 Hive ships left, each with around 3000 Wraith, then taking into account Cruisers, which probably run on the bare minimum of crew complement, because they don't deploy fighters etc, it's only goal is battles & engagements, so only enough Wraith to operate & maintain the systems. I'd say around 20/50 for each Cruiser, then also some perhaps based in structures & bases around Pegasus, then I'd guess give or take a few thousand as an error margin that it's around the 200k Wraith mark. You copuld then whittle that down to ships that we've seen destroyed & those taken out in the Wraith civil war.

Since they've said that there isn't enough humans to go around for them all & they have to battle each other for whats left in the galaxy, then I'd say theres a few million humans at most that's left in Pegasus, way way less that 5mil in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X