This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Movie Remade

I apparantly am one of the few people who liked the 1996 movie. I watched the extra features on the region 2 disc and at one point they said that Steven Speilburg should've directed the movie but lost intrest in the project. I think that Steven should consider re-making the movie with a massive budget so that it would get more of the public interested in 'Doctor Who'. All the original cast should be brought back though.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

*Puts flame/red proof pants on*

.......If it's going to be ANYTHING like ET, NO!

IMO, that man cannot direct SCI-FI, no, no, no, no!
    Although, this would bring in a larger audience of Doctor Who...isn't it already large enough?
    I'd rather not see Doctor Who on-screen anyway, I didn't really like the movie, it was...Ok...Very average...To average for Doctor Who IMO.

Sorry, I just really hated ET, War of the Worlds remade and anything else that man has done, really. (ARG! To much Tom Cruise! And the cliche after cliche...)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I totally agree with Ascended here. Steven Sphielberg should never make a Doctor Who movie. He would ruin it just as he ruined War of the Worlds. IF they remeade the film it wuold have to be British made in my opinion.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
        *Puts flame/red proof pants on*

.......If it's going to be ANYTHING like ET, NO!

IMO, that man cannot direct SCI-FI, no, no, no, no!
        Although, this would bring in a larger audience of Doctor Who...isn't it already large enough?
        I'd rather not see Doctor Who on-screen anyway, I didn't really like the movie, it was...Ok...Very average...To average for Doctor Who IMO.

Sorry, I just really hated ET, War of the Worlds remade and anything else that man has done, really. (ARG! To much Tom Cruise! And the cliche after cliche...)
        I have to agree there, and by the way I hated *yes I have decided hate is the right word* the 1996 so-called 8th Doctor movie. *gave you green for the anti-Speilburg rant!*

Comment

Well, okay, the 8th Doctor movie did suck in comparison to even the most average Doctor Who ep/story/movie/book/spoof ever, but having Steven there would have made it so much worse, War of the Worlds had a lot of potential and he screwed it up, do not let him near Doctor Who or i will be forced to make the Daleks "EX-TER-MIN-ATE"
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I have to agree, I like another DW movie, but I think it does need to be a british production, But don't make him Dr. Who again. That was just wrong.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

After giving it much thought, your all right, keep Speilburg away fromDoctor Who. If the movie did get re-done, who do you think should do it?
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                After giving it much thought, your all right, keep Speilburg away fromDoctor Who. If the movie did get re-done, who do you think should do it?
                Peter Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                  Peter Jackson.
                  Lmao, "Doctor Who - Time Lord or the Rings - The Fellowship of the Tardis - The Two Doctors - The Return Of The Thing
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    Lmao, "Doctor Who - Time Lord or the Rings - The Fellowship of the Tardis - The Two Doctors - The Return Of The Thing
                    Actually, the Two Doctors isn't such a poor idea for a title. Though I'd prefer The Four Doctors.

David Tennent, Chrisopher Eccleston, Paul McGann, Sylvestor McCoy

I think the other actors may be too old, but still. It could be very good if they made a new movie.

It would HAVE to be British made however. I don't care what American film maker has the credentials, get the regular BBC producing team and give them a bloody big budget. Maybe draft in a couple of the guys behind Shaun of the Dead and we've got it made.

There should be no American involvement in a new Doctor Who movie. Otherwise it will just end up being the same type of thing as the 1996 movie.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      Actually, the Two Doctors isn't such a poor idea for a title.
                      I was trying to work around "The Two towers"

Comment

It would HAVE to be British made however. I don't care what American film maker has the credentials, get the regular BBC producing team and give them a bloody big budget. Maybe draft in a couple of the guys behind Shaun of the Dead and we've got it made.

There should be no American involvement in a new Doctor Who movie. Otherwise it will just end up being the same type of thing as the 1996 movie.
                        Peter Jackson is from New Zealand, isn't he? Can't the director be a foreigner?

Comment

He could. But I don't see why a big name has to direct it. Why can't the current Directors for the series do it?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Because they are directing Torchwood among other things.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

He could. But I don't see why a big name has to direct it. Why can't the current Directors for the series do it?
                              I assumed everyone was looking for a big name.

What's required for Doctor Who is a slower pace of direction typically.

Not a lot of jump cuts.

Peter has a very elegant style, IMO, which would translate well in a Doctor Who movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X