This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First P-90s, now MP7s?

SG-1 loves their PDWs! While, the MP7 doesnt have a coolness factor... Teal'c goin dualies is pretty cool.

i like those mp7's tbh. although they arnt an offensive weapon so i dont expect to see them that often. i was also a big fan of the red dot sites and laser on the top rail. made them look a even cooler

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I was going to make a thread about this...
      I noticed the new weapons and was curious as to why they might have upgraded/changed and what they are called.
      Teal'c using two was totally awesome.
      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

The mp7's looked nice but why is the rest of SG1 carrying smgs and Mitchell is carrying a G36. He should be carrying either a p90 or a mp7 like the rest of his team to fight in the confined space of a mothership, but if he has to use an assault rifle, why use the bigger, heavier, more recoil German made G36 over the better American made M4?

Comment

Originally posted by FNH USA P90
          The mp7's looked nice but why is the rest of SG1 carrying smgs and Mitchell is carrying a G36. He should be carrying either a p90 or a mp7 like the rest of his team to fight in the confined space of a mothership, but if he has to use an assault rifle, why use the bigger, heavier, more recoil German made G36 over the better American made M4?
          your kidding? id have a G36 over an M4 anyday

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
            Hell Yeah! I'm HK all day! THe G36 just has that futuristic look to it. For those who are not gun knowledgable all they see is the gun matching the show. I doubt they would even care if an M4 was used or a G36

Comment

the MP7 is a small weapon, that was the point of them using them in thise episode. They went undercover remember. Those are much easier to lug around then rifles.

Comment

In the preview for the next episode I spotted a P-90, so they didn't switch entirely.
                I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                  Why? My brother carryed an M-240 saw around over in Iraq, and he said he would have much rather have been carrying the M-4 over some big heavy machine gun? Do you have a good reason to carry something that big?

Comment

Nope, but that is probably because they have a ton of P90 props, and not a ton of G36's. Remeber when they switched uniforms in the next generation. There were people using both for a while.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by x_sid
                      Why? My brother carryed an M-240 saw around over in Iraq, and he said he would have much rather have been carrying the M-4 over some big heavy machine gun? Do you have a good reason to carry something that big?
                      the M-249 SAW is a Light Machine Gun meant for suppressive fire at medium/long distances. they wouldnt use it in close quaters situations like on a Hatak vessel. plus we are on about the G36 Assault Rifle which is not a heavy machine gun. and the G36 is a lot more modern, lighter and more acurate than the M4 - which i might add is a shortned carbine virsion of the M16 (shorter barrel = less accurate, less velocity)

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Wow, I almost laughed when Teal'c tried dualing. It's so unrealistic unless he's firing semi-auto, but he was going full automatic, and that's just rediculous. Pistols are the only type of gun that should be dualed, and even then you'll be much more accurate if you just use one. I know Teal'c is the tough guy and all, but dualing MP7s is complete stupidity.

I have also had the same problem with Teal'c firing P90s with one hand. Come on, lets have realism in the places that realism is needed.

Definition of a Gunslinger

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger
                          Wow, I almost laughed when Teal'c tried dualing. It's so unrealistic unless he's firing semi-auto, but he was going full automatic, and that's just rediculous. Pistols are the only type of gun that should be dualed, and even then you'll be much more accurate if you just use one. I know Teal'c is the tough guy and all, but dualing MP7s is complete stupidity.

I have also had the same problem with Teal'c firing P90s with one hand. Come on, lets have realism in the places that realism is needed.
                          Well, Teal'c is supposed to be signifacently stronger then a normal human, so I don't really take issue with that.

On the matter of the guns themselves, I was under the impression that one of the reasons for using P-90's was that it was more effective against Jaffa armor. Going to a lower calibur wepon when on the Ha'tak seems unjustified to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Naquida Guy
                            On the matter of the guns themselves, I was under the impression that one of the reasons for using P-90's was that it was more effective against Jaffa armor. Going to a lower calibur wepon when on the Ha'tak seems unjustified to me.
                            Like the P90, the MP7 has its own special caliber round which has been designed for penetrating body armor. The two weapons are supposed to actually be quite comparable.

a time to mourn

Comment

The P90 is a work of art, *Goes to make a P90 WOW thread*

Comment

Working...
                              X