This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we get Darts?

Do you think that the team might be able to get a working Wraith Dart this season?

Or they could do with it what the SGC did with the Death Glider and combine it with our own Technology.
    Last edited by Major Melton; 13 February 2006, 01:57 AM.

But why? The reason the Deathgliders were used is because we would never have been able to get a space fighter without a working alien design. Now we have that so its little point in getting a dart. Its capabilities are almost no different then the Deathglider (well not entirely true but you get my meaning)

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

There might be some useful tech inside that could be used to beat the Wraith, such as

1: Maybe th Dart has some kind of code to get into secret wraith hideouts and labs

2: The Culing beam would come in handy

3: They are very maneuverable

4: Just imagine a combination of a F302, Jumper and a Dart, it would be the best Fighter craft ever.

Comment

True though not sure but wouldnt the Wraiths primarily organic tech make it difficult to make such a hybrid? Yes we have interfaced with their technology but thats quite different.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

You right about that, but another advantage to having a Dart you could sneak in to a Hive Ship undetected without risking losing a Puddle Jumper, after all they do have a limeted number of jumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Melton
            You right about that, but another advantage to having a Dart you could sneak in to a Hive Ship undetected without risking losing a Puddle Jumper, after all they do have a limeted number of jumpers.
            Yup yup...I agree, I've been wondering why we haven't gotten a dart yet...I was hoping on a hive ship personally...with McKay tweaking it up..but hey I'll take the second best.
            VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

McKay could try and install the Cloaking tech from a jumper on to the Dart.

Comment

i can think of one major reason 'WHY' the killer energy cannon on the front, it beats rail guns,missiles and glider cannons hands down.
                and your right, F-302 + teltak shield + PJ cloak + wraith dart gun = perfect fighter = aint gunna happen.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they had like 15 puddle jumpers on atlantis now so the only reason I can see why they would need a dart is for another siege of atlantis when that extra firepower is needed. But, they would first need to capture a (or many) working dart(s) and then modify them for Atlantis, but Rodney did it once so he could do it again. In my opinion, they should focus on finding more puddle jumpers at the moment.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

problem is that the darts are easy to find and capture, they are everywhere and we have some pretty big birds in the air. the PJ's are ancient and are very rare at best, extinct almost!
                    its like the simple question of, do you go for the good weapons that are everywhere and you just find without too much effort or do you search 600worlds to find a super ship that is so precious you barely ever use it.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by DrMongol
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they had like 15 puddle jumpers on atlantis now so the only reason I can see why they would need a dart is for another siege of atlantis when that extra firepower is needed. But, they would first need to capture a (or many) working dart(s) and then modify them for Atlantis, but Rodney did it once so he could do it again. In my opinion, they should focus on finding more puddle jumpers at the moment.
                      You have a point, but they have not yet found anywhere where there could be any Jumpers, like a Ancient off world base or something.

My idea is they could use the Dedalus to beam into the Hive Ship Dart bay and get out as quickily as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Melton
                        You have a point, but they have not yet found anywhere where there could be any Jumpers, like a Ancient off world base or something.

My idea is they could use the Dedalus to beam into the Hive Ship Dart bay and get out as quickily as possible.
                        Just in the last episode, "The Tower",
                        Spoiler:
                        they found an exact replica of atlantis offworld and they took some PJs and some Drones. This shows that there are quite possibly other Ancient bases offworld complete with Puddle Jumpers and maybe some other goodies.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

we don't have season 2 yet over here so i didn't know that.

Comment

The Dart's weaponary would make an excellent CIWS on Atlantis, turreted weapon on F-302s

and...

Assuming they could reverse engineer it they could also build small automated defense satellites(ie unmanned fighters) in great numbers.

Comment

So the F-302 is an Earth version of the Death Glider in terms of shape. So if we put Earth tech on a Dart's shape... won't that end up looking a lot like the human fighters on BSG?
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                              X