This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Season 5 Episode

What's your favourite Season 5 episode, and why?

For info about Season Five episodes click HERE
    Enemies
    6.63%
    Threshold
    2.04%
    Ascension
    1.53%
    The Fifth Man
    1.53%
    Red Sky
    1.53%
    Rite of Passage
    2.55%
    Beast of Burden
    3.57%
    The Tomb
    3.57%
    Between Two Fires
    4.08%
    5.10%
    Desperate Measures
    1.02%
    Wormhole X-Treme!
    6.63%
    Proving Ground
    3.57%
    48 Hours
    6.63%
    Summit
    3.57%
    Last Stand
    5.61%
    Fail Safe
    2.55%
    The Warrior
    1.02%
    Menace
    5.61%
    The Sentinel
    0.51%
    Meridian
    25.00%
    Revelations
    6.12%
    sigpic

I voted for the Warrior. Yay! A Teal'c storyline and he got to kick some serious Gou'ald butt.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

This is one I can't vote in just yet. I've sat here for ages trying. The most powerful episode that season was Meridian, but how can I call that a 'favourite'?

Revelations was a really good episode that season, and I also really liked Fifth Man for the quite original storyline.

Summitt was another favourite. Here we got to see how affected Daniel had been by the last four years. He was now actually prepared to kill innocent hosts for the 'greater good'. This was not the Daniel of season one. Sure, he shot the tank in Bloodlines, but those were just goa'uld, 'children' perhaps, but still goa'uld. To take the hosts lives? Whether or not he could have actually gone through with it is a moot point. The fact that Daniel sincerely believed that he could do it makes me wonder just how damaging all that they'd been through had been for him, and what we'd have been left with if Daniel hadn't ascended?
      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed watching S5, as I do most seasons, but I find it extremely difficult to put my finger on one in particular.

Enemies... oh how I love Enemies. I even got to like Jacob (briefly, I soon got back to disliking him) in that one. There was everything including Apophis, Teal'c angst, Jack/Daniel interaction... oh, and did you know, which is something I only realised on the 100th viewing, Daniel has very very nice biceps?

But I've voted for Menace. I love that one. Like in Scorched Earth Jack and Daniel (and everyone else for that matter) have different ideas about how to handle the situation. Instinctively I side with Jack on that one, while at the same time understanding fully Daniel's position. Sam comes in at a tangent too, wanting to examine Reece... all in all it's a very interesting ep, which could have gone a number of ways.

I love the way the replicators were introduced. Fantastic.

And what angst!! (not to mention that it finally got me writing the "fic that dare not speak its name")
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Gotta be 48 Hours. Some great Gate physics, McKay is there, Maybourne is there, Simmons is there, and that big glider cannon is there! What's not to love?

Comment

Last Stand!!! Osiris at her/his best! Some new system lords, Daniel is getting some action...

Between Two Fires, Revelation, Red Sky, Summit, Enemies & Threshold are aloso great.

Comment

This one was hard, so many eps. to choose from.
              I finally went for "48 hours" . Good action, good tech, lots of characters.
              sigpic

Comment

Menace. I love this episode. Loved Daniel with Reece. And, I loved the Jack and Daniel scenes, maybe because they were painful to watch. I've never seen Daniel calling Jack a "stupid son of a *****" as a sign of him not being friends with him. You don't get that upset with someone you don't care anything about.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I clicked 48 Hours.

Mayborne, Simmons, AND McKay need I say more?

I also like the Russian arc.

Oh, and Luke was in it too *waves to Shadow*
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    This is one I can't vote in just yet. I've sat here for ages trying. The most powerful episode that season was Meridian, but how can I call that a 'favourite'?

Revelations was a really good episode that season, and I also really liked Fifth Man for the quite original storyline.

Summitt was another favourite. Here we got to see how affected Daniel had been by the last four years. He was now actually prepared to kill innocent hosts for the 'greater good'. This was not the Daniel of season one. Sure, he shot the tank in Bloodlines, but those were just goa'uld, 'children' perhaps, but still goa'uld. To take the hosts lives? Whether or not he could have actually gone through with it is a moot point. The fact that Daniel sincerely believed that he could do it makes me wonder just how damaging all that they'd been through had been for him, and what we'd have been left with if Daniel hadn't ascended?
                    i dont think that the change in daniel is really that he has been "damaged" i think it shows how much he has grown and matured.

Comment

Enemies. Had everything, SG-1, Jacob, Apophis, Replicators, great visual effects and who can forget the line 'welcome to my life'.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                        Enemies. Had everything, SG-1, Jacob, Apophis, Replicators, great visual effects and who can forget the line 'welcome to my life'.
                        and biceps
                        don't forget the biceps...
                        Shallow: it's my middle name
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Loads of great episodes this season but I had to go for Wormhole X~Treme. Its a fun little episode, I loved spotting all the different crew members doing cameos And of course because its a Marty ep

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Hmmmmmmm. Do I be predictable and vote for 'Ascension' or go for 'Rite of Passage' which has the fab scene where Janet points a gun at Nirrti?

I think I have to go for 'ROP'

So many cool scenes - love the party scene at the start, Janet with gun, Nirrti somersaulting through the window and Janet's cute smile at Sam & Cassie at the end.
                            Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hate Rite of Passage because I did not like the new Cassandra.

Loved Fifth Man, Ascension, Desperate Measures, Proving Ground....Some fantastic eps. Loved Meridian
                              ------
                              Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Working...
                              X