Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Manuscript Hurley was reading (The Longest Con )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Manuscript Hurley was reading (The Longest Con )

the manuscript that hurley was reading on the beach was "Bad Twin" by Gary Troup

Gary Troup is anagram for PURGATORY

also, here is the book on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...Fencoding=UTF8

And here is the blurb ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
    "About the Author
    Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is presumed dead."

dun dun dunnn

That is wierd. It doesn't look like a fake page or anything as to test it I actually loaded up amazon.com and searched for the book. Freaky.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie
      That is wierd. It doesn't look like a fake page or anything as to test it I actually loaded up amazon.com and searched for the book. Freaky.
      Oh, it'll be a real book - but note on the cover it mentioned "ABC's LOST", so it'll probably be a 'behind the scenes' book or something.
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I did also spot the "Lost" in brackets by the title, so had assumed it was something about the show, but then the description is strange. Is that totally fake?. Thanks though.
        sigpic

Comment

Real book, might even be a real story, possibly have characters much like those of lost in the background though. Oh and tha anagram of PURGATORY is probably just a nod to the fans speculation
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I remember reading about this a long time ago. It's probably what would be called metafiction. It's a novel in the show that's also a novel in the real world. There are supposed to be parallels between what happens in the book and what happens on the show, possibly leading the characters on the show to question exactly what's going on. Are they real? Or just characters in a book? And who was this Gary Troup that he could so accurately know certain details in advance?

Like I said, though, it's been a while since I read about this so I could be mis-remembering.

Comment

That's so freaky.

We'll find out more I guess from the show then.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Hahaha, it's been put out there by the makers of the show, like Charlie's Driveshaft website and other "supporting evidence".
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

The jacket blurb reads like Jack and Sawyer could be the twins.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                    Hahaha, it's been put out there by the makers of the show, like Charlie's Driveshaft website and other "supporting evidence".
                    It's actually made by the makers of the show? Hmm. I may have to buy it then to comb for clues....

(oh, scratch that!...I can't buy another book, I'm broke and in college.)

Comment

damn, I wish I paid more attention during this episode!
                      I remember the ep, but not in so much detail.
                      Nice find!
                      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                      X