This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Siege of Atlantis

I've seen "The Defiant One", seen a clip from "The Siege, Part II", and read, read, and read the information archives from Gateworld.

I think that somewhere in Season 3, there could be some flashback scenes complete with combat scenes taking place 10,000 years ago during the siege of Atlantis. Wraith Hives, Cruisers, Darts, Supply Ships, Lantian Warships, Drone Weapons, Atlantis' Shield in action, Lantians in Atlantis manning stations, communication terminals, Lantian Defense Satellites in action.......

You know, the real backstory on "far greater numbers" and to give the fans a real visual perspective on the siege of Atlantis.

Any thoughts? Input? Recommendations?

Now, be good subjects and......

Bow before baby Anubis...wah wah!

(Seriously, I think this smiley makes Anubis look like a little baby! Looks like he is sitting with his feet forward.)

Hmmm... Indeed. I would like to see what the Ancients (during the War) went through.

I would say that they could actually have a series that was entirely dedicated to the Ancients. but alas, that would be pointless. The ending (of their chapter) s known. The only real challenge that they would have had - the Race to ascension (with the religious counterpart). it would only make for visual stimlation - to have such a series.. The storyline would be too bland.

Sorry for going off on a tangent there... but indeed, I want to SEE what the Ancients did - and not here about it as a report that mcKay pulled up from the Database.
    McKay: Oh, come on - I understand that you are an Asgard and everything! But even you've got to feel a bit of an Adrenaline buzz

Hermiod: My Body does not possess the adrenal gland that produces Epinephrine. And even if I did, I would not be as easily Impressed

McKay: I get, I get it. You think you're smarter than I am. You ready to go or not?

Hermiod: I have been for some time

(Meanwhile, Back in the Milky way - )

Comment

Originally posted by TheDanielJackson
      Hmmm... Indeed. I would like to see what the Ancients (during the War) went through.

I would say that they could actually have a series that was entirely dedicated to the Ancients. but alas, that would be pointless. The ending (of their chapter) s known. The only real challenge that they would have had - the Race to ascension (with the religious counterpart). it would only make for visual stimlation - to have such a series.. The storyline would be too bland.
      We knew where Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III were headed too but that didn't stop them from being major successes.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
        We knew where Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III were headed too but that didn't stop them from being major successes.

Good point. It would definetely be nice to see the Lantians in action during the siege and how their military fought off the Wraith.

Comment

Sounds pretty interesting. And I must see, my feeling is, it must be Daniel who can dig the grounds to find the history of the Alterans in Pegasus. As Daniel is going to Atlantis (FINALLY!!!!!!), I think he should be going to the central computer and find references not found or understood by Zelenca and friends, from that Point, Daniel undercovers the real reason for Alterans leaving the Milky Way and starting the war with the Wraith.
          We will all buy it if it is Daniel finding the history. After that, while Daniel tell everybody what the chain of events, the Production can show the war scenes, a little more of my Grand grand grand grand^120 pa (read it Janus), and how he built the TimeTraveller puddle jumper.

G.

Comment

maybe they could capture a wraith who tells them about the siege, you how they like to gloat

Comment

Originally posted by ascott08
              maybe they could capture a wraith who tells them about the siege, you how they like to gloat
              Like the Wraith have been forthcoming with information previously...

And quite a not so bright idea, I might add.

How would we be able to tell a Wraith who was in the Ancient War from one who was not?

Mattathias

Comment

Yes, i think a backstory episode that shows us how the ancient fought and died would be a very good thing.
                After all, so far the wraith are not coming across as someone able to make the ancients even break a sweat in beting to pulp.

Comment

Such an episode would also help to visualize the fight between the Lantians and the Wraith, but more specifically the "far greater numbers" that would overwhelm the Lantians.

To be honest, I'm wondering if there are more than the amount of Hive ships already stated.

Comment

An episode about the Ancients?

Learn to think big, like a Goa'uld

How about a spin off series called...I dunno...Stargate: Legacy? all about the origins of the Ancients, the split between the Alterrans/Ori, the Alterrans seeding MW, the plague that ravaged Earth, the Alterrans colonising Pegasus...the original siege of Atlantis...and the best part....the formation of the Alliance of the 4 races! (now this would be an awesome way for us to see the Furlings)..

unfortunately only SG fans would really understand it....but I reckon it could be awesome....

Comment

Not going to happen as it doesnt involve humans of Earth. Also, movies and tv shows are vastly different from one another.

Though i must say i am intrigued about a flashback episode. Perhaps something like a recording device showing the time when the ancients tried to make peace with the wraith and the wraith double crossing them...we heard of it during past weirs story but not actually see it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

those should be movies. a trilogy!

Comment

I would like more info to see if the Alterans were more defensive or offensive in the fight with the Wraith. I know that numbers can mean alot in war, but how can a race that built the stargates and at least two flying city sized ships be defeated by an enemy that care more about keeping you alive than dead. I hope there is an episode explaining that more than saying it was superior numbers.

Comment

Just saw "Before I Sleep". The Wraith must have more than 60 Hive Ships. Perhaps better intelligence could be gathered in Season 3 about their armada.
                            In addition to the Siege of Atlantis, perhaps the large battle between the Lantian and Wraith fleets could be better visualized.

Comment

It would be excelent to see the seige when the city was fully manned and complete fleets of ancient ships. Also the weapon from trinity taking out the wraith fleet would be stunning.
                              aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Working...
                              X