This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding a fic

There was this fic I read once where Daniel accidentally gets his leg caught in this trap thing while on a mission and the rest of the team has to get him out, but my browser decided to delete my bookmarks and now I can't find it because I don't remember the name of the story. Can somebody help me out?
    Last edited by Space Monkey52; 09 February 2006, 03:48 PM.
    *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
    Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Nobody knows this story?
    *THUNK*

Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

fraid not

maybe you should check on www.stargatefan.com

they archive a lot of daniel whump fic there and they might be familiar with the story
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
        There was this fic I read once where Daniel accidentally gets his leg caught in this trap thing while on a mission and the rest of the team has to get him out, but my browser decided to delete my bookmarks and now I can't find it because I don't remember the name of the story. Can somebody help me out?
        I think this might the one you're looking for.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/15/mantrap.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nuetronorange
          I think this might the one you're looking for.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/15/mantrap.html
          THAT'S IT!!! THANK YOU! TAHNK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
          *THUNK*

Comment

Well, I think this would be a good thread for all those trying to find fic they have read somewhere and cannot find again. So, here is the fic I am trying to find.

Somehow, Jack and Daniel get separated from the rest of the team and are kidnapped (sortof) by these odd creatures who live underground. They are dragged through an underwater cave to get to this place. It is completely dark here and, to top it all off, these creatures skin secrete some type of hormone that drugs our intrepid heroes when their skin comes in contact with the creatures. However, these creatures only communicate by touch, having lost the need for vision, and that is the only way that Daniel has to communicate with them and learn their language.

I would love to find this fic again! I hope someone can help me
            Glenda

Comment

I read this, also, and I know it was on Heliolopolis but I've forgotten anything else about it. Funny, though, because I thought about this fic the other day! It was very good. Maybe if you do a search and use character definitions and exclude pairings, etc it might turn it up. I know it was about a year ago or so it was posted.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateslacker
                Well, I think this would be a good thread for all those trying to find fic they have read somewhere and cannot find again. So, here is the fic I am trying to find.

Somehow, Jack and Daniel get separated from the rest of the team and are kidnapped (sortof) by these odd creatures who live underground. They are dragged through an underwater cave to get to this place. It is completely dark here and, to top it all off, these creatures skin secrete some type of hormone that drugs our intrepid heroes when their skin comes in contact with the creatures. However, these creatures only communicate by touch, having lost the need for vision, and that is the only way that Daniel has to communicate with them and learn their language.

I would love to find this fic again! I hope someone can help me
                Hiya
                This might be the one
                http://www.a2nz.org/tefnut/sg1_touch...ch_part1.html:)

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
                  I read a similer story in the Jan/Feb '06 edition of the Official Stargate SG1 Magazine. Could it be the one you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuetronorange
                    Wheeeeeeee...that's the one!!! Thanks ever so much!!!
                    Glenda

Comment

Originally posted by gateslacker
                      Wheeeeeeee...that's the one!!! Thanks ever so much!!!
                      You are most welcome

Now if I could find one I'm looking for

I think it has Daniel tracking and rescuing Jack after they are attacked by criminals/prisoners ? (who are sent through the gate as punishment?), Daniel pretends to be a Goa'uld to get Jack away from them. The bad guys might be trying to use Jack as a way to get of the planet? Sam and Teal'c come after them assuming that its Jack rescuing Daniel. Oh and Daniel was stabbed in the back, when they were attacked at the beginning.

Its driving me potty! I've been looking for it for about 6 months now!

Course on the other hand, in looking for this one I'm finding loads more I havent read yet! So not so bad

Comment

Working...
                      X