This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the uniforms?

What do you think of the new uniforms for Atlantis then? Vote, then tell us why.
    For more pictures click For all the news and spoilers for this episode click HERE

!

Fantastic!
    20.30%
    They're fine for the purpose.
    21.83%
    They'll do until they visit a planet with a good tailor.
    11.17%
    I neither like nor dislike them.
    10.15%
    Horrible, utterly horrible!
    8.63%
    Star Trek anyone?
    4.57%
    GalaxyQuest anyone?
    17.26%
    Those are their uniforms? I thought they were pyjamas
    6.09%
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 April 2004, 08:34 AM.
    sigpic

I put that I don't like or dislike them although that's not entirely true. I don't like them but not in a Eek how terrible kind of way. I like my sci-fi show uniforms to not really look like sci-fi show uniforms if you know what I mean. I really don't understand why they couldn't just wear fatigues or something but...hey...whatever. It won't ruin my enjoyment of the show or anything.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Given that it's set in present day, and initially at least, on Earth, it would have been nice to have had them in fatigues or something that looks more like a real life uniform. And something comfortable too - those uniforms look like they're made out of the sort of material that builds up lots of static. Ouch!
      sigpic

Comment

I think the gray & black and the gray & red are just dandy. They've got a contemporary look, but are slightly fictionalized / sci-fied up. The brown versions ... they will need to grow on me.

Kind of reminds me of the early days of "Crusade." The first uniforms were kind of -- off. They shot a few episodes then redid the uniforms from scratch, and they were awesome. Then JMS worked a uniform "accident" into the plot to explain the change.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

is it just me or do they all seem to have the same footwear?
          sigpic

Comment

The color scheme is nice, but is it me or do they remind anyone else of wind breakers or jogging clothes?
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
              The color scheme is nice, but is it me or do they remind anyone else of wind breakers or jogging clothes?
              LOL. After the first pictures were released to GW Darren had this to say to me: "Looks like they went down the road to TJ Maxx ..."

Comment

I'm hoping they find a fashion planet in the Pegasus galaxy!

Really, I guess I just miss the simplicity of the military gear SG-1 wears. These outfits look more StarTrek than Stargate and the big colored triangles are distracting. Maybe they'll grow on me.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I'm not fond of the uniforms... to put it mildly. I hear that they don't look as bad when you actually see them in context. I'll wait and see for myself before deciding THAT...

Comment

I don't think I said that. It certainly doesn't sound like me.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

First, it's hard to say when they don those outfits. We just have to watch the season premiere. I cannot imagine that SGC would create new team uniforms as they are discovering the new city. I can accept that they were "given" these outfits when their own earth ones were destroyed. Though I cannot explain the country logos if they were given off-world. *sigh* I guess they must have them already as they launch to the new galaxy.

My first impression is that the outfits look like team wear, e.g. the Olympic *name your sport* team. Especially with the large contrast cut out section. The fabric seem to be of the same fabric that you would use for a team outfit - either tactile or duckcloth? - very noisy fabric - not suitable for covert operation.

We'll just have to watch the show and the outfits might just be perfect after all, if they fit in with the new galaxy and its environments.

Comment

If anyone has seen the Sci-fi ad most people agree the uniforms look much better on camera (As does Torri Higgonson ) I always liked them though

Comment

I don't bother. I'm not going to watch this show for the uniforms!

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                            I don't bother. I'm not going to watch this show for the uniforms!
                            me neither, although if they jar a lot then it will certainly impair my enjoyment of the show
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I'd have to agree that they do look a little better once you see them onscreen. But still it doesn't seem that convincing that its a military team.
                              Could you see them trying to sneak up on a Wraith wearing those bright colors and patterns? That would be like Osoma running around covered in florenscent orange.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X