Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Atlantis have phasers like their satellites?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Atlantis have phasers like their satellites?

It would make sense but I missed the start of season 2 so did they use phasers as well as the glowing jellyfish of doom?

It's unknown at the moment but since Atlantis is a starship then possibly. At the start of season 2 they used drones (glowing jelly fish of doom) against the wraith.

Comment

No phasers have been seen so far I dont think their are any
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Phasers are a trek invention. Its basicaly a energie weapon with whatever features the story needs right now.
        A very bad idea overall.

Comment

I don't think Atlantis has phasers
          but it may have weapons other then the Drones like the weapon in the episode where Mckay blew up a solar system

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

i think that it does have a main energy cannon like the gaoulds superships, but only with 3ZPM's in orbit, they can shoot whales all day but unless they upturn the city, which would be realyl funny plan wise! it wouldnt work
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I think they would have found them already, (googling capabilities on the Ancient database or not). I mean, they are pretty big and they would be hard to miss. No, I think Atlantis has some other kinds of weapons.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I think all they have are drones. That's all they need really. Drones kick butt and can take out targets of varying size and speed as we saw in Lost City.

Comment

Phasers ...well...it took them long enough to find the chair room and the drones, so who knows whether there are "phaser arrays" in the city

Comment

in aurora were those phaser things fired?

Comment

little ancient handheld weapons.

Does the omnipedia on gateworld mention them?

Comment

Drones are really only useful as Atlantis' close-in weapon systems. They accellerate too slowly to be of any real use in ship-to-ship combat, and they pack too little a punch on their own.

I would really like to see Atlantis with more Ancient energy weapons, like the former La Grangian satallite.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                          Drones are really only useful as Atlantis' close-in weapon systems. They accellerate too slowly to be of any real use in ship-to-ship combat, and they pack too little a punch on their own.

I would really like to see Atlantis with more Ancient energy weapons, like the former La Grangian satallite.
                          It's possible but Atlantis was built in the MW galaxy prior to the Ancients arriving in Pegasus. I'm assuming stuff like the La Grangian Satallite were built much later with fighting the Wraith in mind so maybe the Ancients developed that type of weapon much later. Also a directed energy weapon as seen on that satallite kinda makes more sense for a structure like that because if it used drones it would constantly require restocking (leaving it vulnerable) and would run the risk of running out mid battle. Who knows tho perhaps it also used drones in addition to the directed energy beam.

Comment

I hope Atlantis has some kind of a energy cannon. But as we know, they know little about Atlantis. There is still much to explore. I hope they have some cool cannon (that looks like the tollan ion cannon, remember how those cannons fired? Really cool!)

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

But that would require that actual atlantis exploration happens, which is has not for the whole season 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X