This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pretender

After talking about this great show for a while in the 'What music are you listen to atm' thread HyperCaz and decided it's time to open a Pretender thread.
    So if you love the show as much as we do... lets talk about it.

sigpic

One of my all time favorite shows, I loved it. I need to buy it on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
      One of my all time favorite shows, I loved it. I need to buy it on DVD.
      At least you got it on DVD in your country. I only have it on video. Bad quality.

But I love the show. Best chara imo is Parker.

sigpic

Comment

The show had no ending, and was so confusing. Miss Parker was alive, then dead, then possibly alive again...Jared has a brother, Miss Parker and Jared's mom knew each other...Miss Parker's mom doesn't mind doing it with Jared's pop. The old dude on the ventilator is evil, then good again, then evil again. And the only real bad guy is the cannibal. The whole story is weird and confusing. I've tried to get a straight answer, but am still lacking one.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Yeah! A tP thread!!

One of my fave shows.

I think that here in France we were among the first ones to have the dvds. *hugs her tP dvds*

rarocks24, who said it was over?

Comment

The last season was like four years ago, I watched the movies, and they still didn't make any sense. The only thing I'm left with: Is the Centre evil or not? And Miss Parker is not such a bad person. I also sort of think Miss Parker and Jarod were starting to um, well like each other if you know what I mean.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I am a proud Jarod/Miss P shipper

I loved this show but I agree about the ending...I really had no idea what they were trying to get at. But anyway. The rest was good if you forget the end.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                The last season was like four years ago, I watched the movies, and they still didn't make any sense. The only thing I'm left with: Is the Centre evil or not? And Miss Parker is not such a bad person. I also sort of think Miss Parker and Jarod were starting to um, well like each other if you know what I mean.
                Well inherently the Centre is technically not good or evil. It's a corporation, so it's goal is profit. The source of profit in this case being the solutions the Pretenders can create from a given situation. However as was shown throughout the show, the Centre did not always have the nicest clients, nor did they have many ethical standards when doing their work. Some, like Sydney, had good intentions. But the others like Reins didn't.

Also the writers were always flirting (pardon the pun) with the idea of a relationship between Miss Parker and Jarod. But obviously the situations of the characters in the show would never allow it.
                Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 05 February 2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Proud J/MP shipper here too!

Well the end of IOTH isn't the real end 'cos there was a third movie planned but due to financial problems it was cancelled at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                    I am a proud Jarod/Miss P shipper

I loved this show but I agree about the ending...I really had no idea what they were trying to get at. But anyway. The rest was good if you forget the end.
                    me too...

Comment

Fantastic thread! Miss Parker was IT.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Hehe, another shipper here.

The end was never planned the way they did it. As you might have noticed, it's a cliffhanger. Suddenly, tptb decided to cancel the show. At least they realised that they can't let it end with Parker, Jarod and their half brother Ethan being stuck in this exploding train. That's why they made the movies.

And the 'bad guys' are Lyle, Mr. Parker, Rains and the triumvirat (not sure about Brigitte, she just did what she was told to do).
                        Miss Parker was never evil, she was angry and just trying to do her job. Her father promised her that after she'd found Jarod she could leave the centre (which was a lie anyway). Later in the show you can see that she's not interested in catching Jarod but in the truth about her life and family he could lead her to.

And about the ending of IotH, Jarod seems to be the chosen one, a special pretender (aka THE power of the Centre), Mr Parker is not Parker's father but Rains is, Mrs Parker and Jarod's mum knew each other (they were trying to rescue the children the Centre'd taken) and Mrs Parker and Jarod's dad didn't have an affair.

And yes, Jarod and Parker seem to 'like' each other, imo they always did bc they grow up togehter, they shared a first kiss and a first love. Plus, during the whole show Jarod was always there to help Parker when she had trouble (her mum's death, Thommy...).

To sum it up, I love the show and hope for a third movie. Well, I'd be happy if we got at least the DVDs over here (France is next to Germany so why don't we get it? )
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          Hehe! Got that poster on my wall with their sigs 'cos there was a french con in 2002 and they signed it for a french mag. Sadly, I wasn't there...

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          To sum it up, I love the show and hope for a third movie. Well, I'd be happy if we got at least the DVDs over here (France is next to Germany so why don't we get it? )
                          Yep, it's quite curious... I just checked and they don't even have it in UK. Looks like France was the only country were they were released in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                            Yep, it's quite curious... I just checked and they don't even have it in UK. Looks like France was the only country were they were released in Europe.
                            Yeah, France was the first country, then the USA and so far that's all. But there's still hope.
                            Shippy pix!

And one with (nearly) da whole family:
                            sigpic

Comment

The second one was from TV festival of Monte-Carlo (Monaco) in 2001. Can't believe I'm just at 50km and I didn't know they were there!!!

Yep, we were the first ones 'cos CVS and SLM wanted to thank the french fans for their support throughout the series and after. They said it in the interview in the special features. BTW, I don't know if this interview is on the US dvds...

Comment

Working...
                              X