Atlantis - Lift off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis - Lift off!!!

Atlantis is apparently one big ancient ship, so when are we gonna see the city actually lift up from that weird watery planet and start exploring the Pegasus galaxy without always leaping through the gate everytime they wanna go somewhere? It's not like the Wraith are gonna break down its super-hardcore-meat head-uber-spetacular-super cool shields is it?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

^^ Exactly, so there'd be no show if they could just do that...

Comment

Another discussion on this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
        ^^ Exactly, so there'd be no show if they could just do that...
        Why not? I mean its still 'STARGATE - ATLANTIS', its just a bit more in space...

Atlantis could be surrounded by an entire fleet of ancient uber cool ships like Orion and Aurora, I'm picturing the last episode as the team face both the Wraith and and this new wierd series 3 enemy that haven't been revealed yet.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

in another 7 seasons when we find more ZPMS right after our ZPM(S) gets depleted due to the Wraith attacks on Atlantis as well as other enemies. In 7 seasons we will finally have 3 working ZPM's and finally be able to fly Atlantis. happy?
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
            in another 7 seasons when we find more ZPMS right after our ZPM(S) gets depleted due to the Wraith attacks on Atlantis as well as other enemies. In 7 seasons we will finally have 3 working ZPM's and finally be able to fly Atlantis. happy?
            YOU STOLE MY POST. (And just rephrased it a little)

sigpic

Comment

hey hey hey, as much as I love to see Atlantis fly you have to consider the risk. Look as well all know the ancients has ALREADY explored Pegasus galaxy they know that this planet (which is the one Atlantis is located on) is the best place for it. If Atlantis does fly we all know its just going to go towards the wraith but if it lands on dry ground its not just going to fly on different worlds that’s how the Zedpm are going to be depleted that’s why the ancients put Atlantis on water because submerging the city is the BESTEST way to escape from the wraith for several reason such as
              1. Doesn’t use much power as to actually flying it
              2. Wraith can’t scan underwater or any other enemy.
              3. If the wraith does attack on that particular spot where Atlantis was submerged by the time it went through the water, the heat of the fire power or weapon would already been completely wet and it wont make it because Atlantis would be too deep for it.
              and ect........

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                YOU STOLE MY POST. (And just rephrased it a little)
                What the fcuk are you talking about?

1) SG-1 is moving into Season 10 so 10-3 (or 9-2) is 7 seasons so I used "in 7 seasons" sheesh
                2) You mentioned nothing about ZPM's.
                3) The other enemies I said didn't necessarily mean the Season 3 enemies. The Wraith is an impending threat we know that for sure. Other enemies could mean the Genii backstabbing us or the The Brotherhood wreaking havoc. And what about the other worlds we haven't visited yet? We might offend them and they can come attack us.
                4) I was being sarcastic or else i wouldn't have said "happy?" at the end.
                5) READ THE ACTUAL POST AND THINK ABOUT IT FIRST BEFORE YOU FCUKING FLAME THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT.
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                  Atlantis is apparently one big ancient ship, so when are we gonna see the city actually lift up from that weird watery planet and start exploring the Pegasus galaxy without always leaping through the gate everytime they wanna go somewhere? It's not like the Wraith are gonna break down its super-hardcore-meat head-uber-spetacular-super cool shields is it?
                  1, it takes 3 ZPM to make the city fly. Considering the size & weight of the city, the ZPM's would deplete very quickly & would need constant changing. So they may only be able to take it to another planet before they go down depleted, certainly not a good way to waste 3 ZPM's. They would need a whole store room full to go around the Pegasus galaxy in my opinion. Which considering they can already do in Daedalus & now Orion if needed, then it's pretty silly to do in Atlantis itself.

Then the fact that if the Wraith get there, we know they can deplete the city's shield in a matter of days, even using a full ZPM for the shield.

Then the weapons fact, as seen in 'The Lost City', launching all their Drones at a fleet of enemy ships, almost depleted the ZPM all by itself.

So I think it can be safe to say that Atlantis, will never, ever be used for Pegasus exploration. If they already have Daedalus to do that, which is much faster than any Wraith ships. Then aquiring all these ZPM's which probably don't even exsist in Pegasus any longer. Considering Janus only gave Weir a list that had 5 known ZPM's located on them. Then there wouldn't be anywhere near enough to keep it all going.

When Atlantis fly's, it'll be for one of two reasons. 1 is they detect about 30 Hive ships coming towards them. They have 3 ZPM's, then they would use it to lift the city & re locate it to another unknown planet. 2 would be the end of the show itself, they lift it of & bring it back home towards Earth.

Comment

You'd only need to get the city to lift off. Space works like this: It has no inertia. So once something is set into motion, it will continue like that until it hits something.

So the only need one would need would be to use the engines when weering off from planets, suns and what-have-you. Other than that, just acheive a high speed and then turn off the engines. The city will continue to fly off with equal speed in a straight line (unless veered off by the gravitational pulls of suns or something).

Of course, it'd be much smarter to Hyperdrive your way to Earth.

Comment

Yes I know "The First Law of Motion!".

However I wasn't referring to that.

When they fly they supposedly need 3 at all times to get it to lift off. 1 is to get the Star Drive, 1 is for the shield incase of any impacts & to keep air in etc. The 3rd is for the other systems in the city. Personally I think it'd only need 2, 1 for the engines & the other to power the shield & systems. Depending on whether they use the HD.

This is what I was referring to. To get around you don't just use the sublight engines which would take too long, you'd need the HD to do either short or longer jumps to get around the galaxy. Especially if the destination is a good bit away. It just isn't feasible to use Atlantis for the reasons that I mentioned in my previous post.

They already have Daedalus, which I would guess probably would be faster than Atlantis. Using Atlantis would give them no possible advantage at all. If they needed something, then they could take it all with them on Daedalus previous to the mission. Scientists, soldiers, PJ's, computers & other equipment etc.

It'll never happen in a million years, to see them waste Atlantis in that manner. When it goes, it'll either be back to Earth, or to relocate to another planet.

Comment

I think atlantis can t fly in vacuum without shields if it can t stand the water pressure without them. That would mean high energy cost.

Comment

please post in the REAL thread! there are about 20 different threads on this: search!
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Atlantis will lift off once and we will get to see it in all its glory.

Im thinking uber cannon on the bottom

Possibly going to earth to protect it against an ori attack, after the attack it will go back to pegasus where the ZPMs will be depleted and we will be back at square 1.

Comment

I'm thinking it will probably be at the end of season 4. I don't see it happening at all in season 3.
                              Christopher H.
                              Stargate Atlantis Fan
                              WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Working...
                              X