This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Z.P.M.'s???

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I rember reading that in the Pegasus Galyxey what is used keep the Stargates in orbit of a planet could have Z.P.M's in them.... And, cant the Daedalus "beam up" a stargate, detach what is used to keep the Stargate in orbit and see if there is a Z.P.M. inside and if there is(Or if they cant fix it) just beam it back on the planets surface.... oh wait, nevermind I forgot theres no D.H.D. Well I'm just gonna post this so.. it could strike up any theories. Hmm? anyone? anyone?.....

No, I dont think zpms are used to power the Pegusas space gates, nor do they keep them in orbit. Just look at your avatar - there are three small, white conduits on the outside ring of the gate. It's believed that those provide power, and most likely act as a stabilizer for orbit.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I thought the Puddle Jumper DHDs provided power to the Spacegates, and the pods are merely to keep the Spacegates in position.

Comment

Stargate Power Node, thats what its called... and I read in the Omnipedia that it is likely to possess an "Ancient Power Cell" OR a Z.P.M.

Comment

there ya go.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I don't think it's worth destabilizing a Spacegate's orbit and effectively burrying a perfectly viable gate to get a ZPM. Unless they wanna move it out of orbit and place it on the ground... that would work.

If they have a spare DHD laying around.

Comment

Guys, just because it's online doesn't make it true. Particularly when the piece in question is based entirely on fan speculation, written two years ago.

The idea that the the gates had mini-ZPM were written in a time when we didn't know what else could be powering them. Now we know that the jumpers, and presumably the Wraith darts as well, power them on their own. Problem solved. Now we have absolutely zero basis from canon sources that the "power nodes" have their own means of powering the gate.

Comment

The fact that 3 power nodes power obital stargates has already been established. Wether or not these power nodes are ZPM's it is unclear. However I believe this is highly unlikely because three ZPM's is overkill for an Interstellar Stargate and also we know that DHD's aren't powered by ZPM's so it is unreasananble to assume that just the orbital stargates are ZPM powered.

Comment

well plus that would mean sh**loads of ZPMs are lying around the pegasus galaxy, whereas one could make the deady's shields nie invulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                  X