X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield Failure in Ethon #SPOILERS#

Spoiler:
    Well anyone think that it was a bit disturbing that the Ori weapon cut right through the Prometheus's shields without the slightest bit of trouble? Hopefully we and/or the Asgard find a way around this, or we are incredibly screwed.

After watching that episode, I'm really thinking we gotta get any bit of help we can manage to get from the Alterans or their technology or the galaxy is in serious trouble. If Earth ever finds the Furlings they'd better hope they have some kind of technology that could somehow counter Ori tech.

When the Ori do launch their crusade, SG-1 better find something significant to fight them off or everyone can bend over and kiss their butts goodbye.

From what I can predict, an Ori-constructed ship will probably make the satellite and Anubis' superweapon look like peashooters.

Comment

I was bring it on when the shields were at max. Then was like oh crap when they went right through the shields with ease. I wonder what the ramifications on Earth and with the international committee will be now with Prometheus destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
        I was bring it on when the shields were at max. Then was like oh crap when they went right through the shields with ease. I wonder what the ramifications on Earth and with the international committee will be now with Prometheus destroyed.
        I think now more than ever, Earth will step up production of Battlecruisers after seeing what Ori tech can do.

Comment

SPOILER***DON'T READ THIS BECAUSE IT'S A WHOPPER OF A SPOILER AND IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE.

I think, the Orion, being a sister ship of the aurora will work wonders against the ori. And even though it's on atlantis I'm pretty sure it will show its head during season 10 of sg-1 against the ori

Comment

ori tech is 10000years ahead of latest alterran ship tech

Comment

Yes, people keep saying. But on the other hand, the Ori pursued religion while the Alterans pursued science, right? So the Alterans may have been > 10,000 years ahead of the Ori by the end there.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Yes, people keep saying. But on the other hand, the Ori pursued religion while the Alterans pursued science, right? So the Alterans may have been > 10,000 years ahead of the Ori by the end there.
                That won't be the case.

10,000 years ago the Pegasus ancients built advanced tech in their war with the Wraith. Defeated they returned to Earth, where they lived their lives & ascended. The MW ancients ascended long before this. Therefore, the Ori could have ascended at this point or even they were the first, simply because it took look to research ascension. Than it simply would have for someone who who purses religious enlightenment. That is is the natural progression, so it seems to be that the Ancients wanted to copy this & artificially enhanced it by means of science.

Either way, maybe 10,000 years ago Ancient tech was top notch, however in all that time. The Ancients are still gone & don't take nothing to do with regular humans any longer.

Whereas the Ori, with all their vast ascended knowledge, are using it to build ships & technology. So the ascended beings are more knowledgeable than non ascended beings. Therefore the Ori ships will be more powerful than any ships that's been seen beforein Stargate.

Look how it cut through proper Asgard shields. The satellite weapons was only vulenerable due to the Rand's limited technology. If that had been Goa'uld who had been building it, then it would have been almost invulnerable.

I don't even think the Asgard would stand much of a chance against them, it would put up much more of a fight than Prometheud did. (God rest her soul!) However it would probably bite the dust. The Koreleve will probably be a Prometheus replica & will go up the same way the original did.

Ori may be powerul, but there is only so much that they can do to their followers. They can't come into this galaxy themselves, without suffering the wrath of the ancients. So as seen in the 4th Horseman, their followers are their weak link in the chanin of 'Origin'.

Which leads me to belive that humans with their better military tactics & experience in the possession of Anciewnt tech & ships. Will be more effective than Ori followers in possession of Ori tech.

Since the ships are in this galaxy come S10. Then it has to be some sort of Ancient weapons that they get a hold of. Hopefully an Ancient MW warship of sorts!

Comment

total agreement dude

Comment

Didn't the Ori become Ori after Ascending? >_>' Meaning they can still pursue science without anyone knowing. Because, really, even the biggest religious loons are smart. They're probably just enforcing Origin to ensure submission.

Comment

hopefully the ascended ancients will help out when they see the mwg is getting there arse kicked

Comment

Since the Ori would be meddling in the lower planes, the Ancients would have to help out of... "What was it... run and hide?".

Comment

spoilers

It took the weapon minutes to power up. Therefore, the blasts they provided were a little more potent than G'oauld plasma cannons or what the Asguard have for that matter. I suspect that the ships they build would work more on a principal of rapid fire than the satelite. Remember the satellite was designed with the Caledonians in mind. The satellite wouldn't need to power fast. Its destructive power is the goal. I'm betting G'oauld weapons could've breached the shield in time. Don't get me wrong, the Ori ships would still have a huge edge on us. Missiles aren't great intergalatic weapons. This is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                            spoilers

It took the weapon minutes to power up. Therefore, the blasts they provided were a little more potent than G'oauld plasma cannons or what the Asguard have for that matter. I suspect that the ships they build would work more on a principal of rapid fire than the satelite. Remember the satellite was designed with the Caledonians in mind. The satellite wouldn't need to power fast. Its destructive power is the goal. I'm betting G'oauld weapons could've breached the shield in time. Don't get me wrong, the Ori ships would still have a huge edge on us. Missiles aren't great intergalatic weapons. This is just my opinion.

Agreed. You said what I was gonna say so...

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                              spoilers

Interesting theory.

Comment

Working...
                              X