This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought

Just a thought, in somewhat of a relation to the new enemy. What if the ancients didn't create the wraith by accident? like previously stated, the ancients came across a dark world where an enemy rivaled their own tech. but the ancients are more like, shall we say pacifists. The created the wraith to help them fight this enemy...which is why the wraith language was similar to the ancients and why the wraith advanced so quickly. Once this enemy was pushed back, the wraith then turned on the ancients. Also, interesting, since the ancients haven't been there in 10 thousand years, the wraith haven't advanced in any way. kind of sad if u ask me.

what are your opinions?

anythings possible, i like the idea and makes sence

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      anythings possible, i like the idea and makes sence
      i agree with "Stevo", anythings possible.

sigpic

Comment

Ever since the new enemy has been spoken of, everyone jumped on the idea that they had something to do with the Wraith. These guys, were the "former tenants" of the Pegasus Galaxy and are most likely the ones that the Ancients described as being from a dark world and possessing powers that rivaled those of the Ancients themselves.

They're also said to have been the ones who created the Hot Zone virus. Because of this, I doubt these new villains look anything like humans.
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

If we are talking about the Enemy for Hot zone then that would not explain why the ancients are immune to the nano tech. i would agree that it sounds like a good twist but why not attack the ancients out right rather then the lower order of the spiecies?

Comment

I refer to the "former Pegasus galaxy tenants" as the "Dark World aliens". As this was how the Ancients described that planet they came upon and had "awakened" whatever race was residing there. Its obviously not the Wraith, as the Wraith never demonstrated the ablities of the Priors/Hok'Taurs/Ancients as these guys got psionic/telekinetic powers far above those of the Wraith. Not just that, but the Wraith evolved after the Ancients came to Pegasus and seeded it with life. So whoever the Ancients awoke in that world, must be very old. Perhaps as old as the Ancients themselves, and may have been the ones responsible for making Pegasus look like the "lifeless galaxy" that the Ancients thought it was.

I speculate that the Dark World aliens helped the Wraith technologically and turn the Ancient's accidental creation against them. In other words turn the Wraith into temporary allies. They were perhaps planning that when they finished the Ancients together with the Wraith, they'd fight the Wraith and with the HZ virus killing people, the Wraith's food, the Wraith will starve. In other words, the original tenants of the Pegasus Galaxy will have their home back. No more Ancients, no more Wraith, and no more Humans.

However... its likely that these "Dark World" aliens got their arses handed to them by the Ancients. Only when the Ancients became so weakened by a war against such a powerful enemy, did the Wraith begin their devastating attacks.

The Wraith are cunning, they probably knew what the Dark World aliens were planning, so they decided not to enter conflict until both super-powers were weakened or 1 of the other got destroyed.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I will say that the enemy that the make referrence to in the rising are the wraith.

If you watch the pilot again it think that they say that the conquered all the planets until only alantis was left at which point they laid seige to it for many years before the ancients gave up and went to earth. these aliens we know are the wraith. there was no life in pegasus until the ancients arrived. and i dealt that the ancients would drive aliens away from there homes.

Comment

The new enemy should be introduced in the episode Progeny of season 3, the episode lineup isn't final but it's most likely to be episode 4. It's a two-parter which will be concluded with The Real World.
                Without giving too much away, progeny means, "one born of, begotten by, or derived from another. A result of creative effort; a product.".

The Ori were once the Alterans, just like the Ancients, the Ori believed they should be worshipped as gods, but the Ancients relied more heavily on science. A gap eventually appeared between the cultures, showing that even they weren't without their share of problems.
                Take Janis for example, he created the time machine by himself and against the will of the counsil, not everything is as black and white as, the ancients did this or that.

Comment

Since when do the Wraith have a language of their own? They, like the rest of the Pegasus galaxy, speak English.

Comment

actually, they communicate via telepathy. they speak english to shephard and them in order to communicate.

Comment

We can't really make assumptions of the title alone though since Progeny could be interrupted as the descendants of the HZV creators (or DW aliens) or it could be another splinter group of Ancients. It could be interrupted both ways.

I personally hope its a completely new race who ruled the galaxy, are extremely xenophobic and don't want any race to worship them, they just want to exterminate other forms of life that arnt their own.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                        I personally hope its a completely new race who ruled the galaxy, are extremely xenophobic and don't want any race to worship them, they just want to exterminate other forms of life that arnt their own.
                        I like that idea... We haven't seen many Xenophones in the Stargate Universe.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by dmayor09
                          Just a thought, in somewhat of a relation to the new enemy. What if the ancients didn't create the wraith by accident? like previously stated, the ancients came across a dark world where an enemy rivaled their own tech. but the ancients are more like, shall we say pacifists. The created the wraith to help them fight this enemy...which is why the wraith language was similar to the ancients and why the wraith advanced so quickly. Once this enemy was pushed back, the wraith then turned on the ancients. Also, interesting, since the ancients haven't been there in 10 thousand years, the wraith haven't advanced in any way. kind of sad if u ask me.

what are your opinions?
                          The Dark world enemy that the hologram was talking about was the Wraith.

Look at 'Before I Sleep', Weir says, that they told her of being called Wraiths, whose power & technology rivalled their own.

The reason that the Wraith's language is a derivitive of Ancient is very simple. The original human hosts that like everywhere, spoke the ancient language except with a regional variation. For example English on Earth is spoken differently in many countries, yet it's based on the same one. Over time, words are changed, different meaning are attrributed to other words, new ones are made up etc, etc. So these humans that spoke their own version of the Ancient language, were somehow mixed with the Iratus bug's ancestors. The end result a blending of both & the Wraith were created. They simply used the spoken & written language as their human hosts did. Simply because the Iratus bug cannot write or speak.

The Wraith wrere encountered on the dark world in 'Rising', simply because they are the ones that the hologram was referring to. It wasn't these HZ virus creators that are the masterminds behind everything as a lot of people seem to think. JM has already said in his former thread that they wanted to bring in a new recurring enemy but still keep the Wraith as the main bad guys in Pegasus.

The HZ virsu was designed to kill humans & not Ancients, so that tells you that they didn't have a problem with the Ancients, most likely because they are a rogue faction of the lantians that were kicked out when they proposed the virus as a means to defeat the Wraith by starving them.

Either way, the dark world aliens weren't the new HZ baddies.

Comment

Working...
                          X