This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were did the stun guns in stargate atlantis come from

that is all i want to know,, were did the stun guns in atlantis season 2 come from? reverse engineered wraith stun wepon? a copy of Ronan's energy wepon.

did i miss an episode were they made and handed them to the antantis teams?
    One Man Army Baby!!!

Originally posted by the_fifth_race
    that is all i want to know,, were did the stun guns in atlantis season 2 come from? reverse engineered wraith stun wepon? a copy of Ronan's energy wepon.

did i miss an episode were they made and handed them to the antantis teams?
    Are you talking about the pistol size ones? They popped up in Seige part 3, some of the drones were carrying them

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      Are you talking about the pistol size ones? They popped up in Seige part 3, some of the drones were carrying them
      i am talking about the ones that look like a hand gun, shown alot in episode 218, "MICHAEL"...
      One Man Army Baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        ^^What he said.

Comment

That is an easy answer.... They came from the studio's props department.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Mugged some Wraith on a mission on AR 3's mission.
            Simple.
            AR-1, Mckays' (Lol, ok, Sheps') Team isn't the only team going out there.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

i've been wondering the same thing and assumed I'd missed an episode or something but I definatly havn't.
              They seem to have popped up around the same time ronan arrived so i guess they have something to do with him...
              maybe the explanation was in a cut scene..?

Comment

The Wraith stuner pistols suddenly appeared in 'The Seige, Part III'. Specifically in the scene where McKay and the two Marines are trying to transport the ZPM and get ambushed in a hallway.

a time to mourn

Comment

The real question is why didn't they bring some Zats and Staff weapons with them to begin with. Granted they'd prefer their own, but before the end of Season 1 they were completely cut off. Having some non-physical ammo, virtually limitless weapons would have been handy. Zats are also more convenient than the large stunners they carry any time someone goes bonkers and starts running around the city's corridors.

What I want to know is when they established that a stun gun suppressed a goa'uld symbiote. They really seem to treat the goa'uld, from Atlantis' perspective, as nothing more than a nuisance.
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                    The Wraith stuner pistols suddenly appeared in 'The Seige, Part III'. Specifically in the scene where McKay and the two Marines are trying to transport the ZPM and get ambushed in a hallway.
                    ok i just watched that exact scene ur talking about and the guards definatly have p90s not stunners! the only stunners in that scene are the wraiths!
                    But i'm still not so sure when they do come into the show as i need to look at the early eps again more closely.

ItsDan; "The real question is why didn't they bring some Zats and Staff weapons with them to begin with"

I'm sure its the same reason why the aren't wearing the same uniforms as on SG etc. TPTB obviously wanted a new look including weapons etc

Comment

The wraith were using them in The Seige Part III, I guess the atlantis people collected all the weapons from the wraith who invaded the city (after they had been killed.)
                      "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Abydonian Princess
                        ok i just watched that exact scene ur talking about and the guards definatly have p90s not stunners! the only stunners in that scene are the wraiths!
                        But i'm still not so sure when they do come into the show as i need to look at the early eps again more closely.

ItsDan; "The real question is why didn't they bring some Zats and Staff weapons with them to begin with"

I'm sure its the same reason why the aren't wearing the same uniforms as on SG etc. TPTB obviously wanted a new look including weapons etc
                        That's the exact point! They are handheld Wraith pistol stunners. So therefore the Wraith that had swept into Atlantis were all killed. So they left their weapons behind. Hence the SGA team took & used them from that point on.

They were first seen in this episode, the grunts were all killed & left the weapons. They weren't reverse engineered or anything like that. Simply left behind & are used by the marines on Atlantis now. Especially if they don't require killing, then P90's are not going to be used. So this is where they come into play when an enemy needs stunned 7 not severely wounded or killed.

It's really quite simple, Wraith weapons, Wraith that use them get killed. Weapons get left behind, so they start using them.

Comment

On the question about why staff weapons arnt use its also possible its because they are weapons of terror and not efficient weapons. They are not accurate so it would be more of a problem for them then a benefit. Zats...unknown. Perhaps Zats don't work on Wraith.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            On the question about why staff weapons arnt use its also possible its because they are weapons of terror and not efficient weapons. They are not accurate so it would be more of a problem for them then a benefit. Zats...unknown. Perhaps Zats don't work on Wraith.....
                            Simply because the writers have said that they didn't want the two shows to crossover. So for any non fans of Atlantis who hadn't watched Sg-1 before, then they didn't want to confuse them. So it was decided to give them their own new weapons that were created for the show.

Personally, I think Zats would be cool to see, especially since it's been well over 2 years that they have been in Pegasus. Then combine that with the Goa'uld symbiote line & there you go.

However they obviously though carefully with it, simply because we have seen them on a couple of seperate occassions use a Tazer, so when thinking of it, then Zats would have been more of a primary choice than a crappy Tazer. So think it's safe to say if they haven't been used by now, then they ain't going to.

Then again, with the Wraith on their way to the MW, maybe they'll stop by their local MW Goa'uld.R.US & bring some back with them. The the SGA teams can kill the Wraith again, then low & behold, they'll finally have Zats that will be used in Atlantis.

Comment

Ehm the thing they shot Caldwell with was a taser, but I think that wasn't in Michael was it?

Comment

Working...
                              X