This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith Weapon

One action by MAJ Sheppard appears to me to be quite irrational: Why didn't he take the Wraith weapon back to Atlantis? It would be a quite sensible thing to do, since they wish to learn as much as possible about them.

I was thinking the exact same thing when he left it... I guess you lose your head when Wraith chase after you.

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
      One action by MAJ Sheppard appears to me to be quite irrational: Why didn't he take the Wraith weapon back to Atlantis? It would be a quite sensible thing to do, since they wish to learn as much as possible about them.
      It could be he thought the weapon was booby-trapped.
      Install a sensor to detect Ancient technology and when it does...
      Boom !!! Maximum Overload.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I still think he was in a hurry to get away from the Wraith and wasn't thinking.

Comment

We've run into things like this before. *Spoiler Alert* "Tangent", "The Other Side"

When they tried outfitting a death glider for the first time in "Tanget" it almost cost the lives of O'neil and Teal'c. True, it was a ship and not a gun, but it was still a weapon. Also, in season 4, episode " The Other side", when Sg-1 tried helping Hitler jr., Teal'c had the perfect opporunity to take one of their weapons for study, but instead just left it there. Maybe SGC personell are trained to be skeptical of alien weaponry.
          The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
          First, the garden. Next, the entire
          PLANET!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Satellite
            Maybe SGC personell are trained to be skeptical of alien weaponry.
            But Sheppard wasn't part of the SGC. Maybe thay all had a crash course on the do's and don'ts...

Sheppard was in a hurry, carrying that big-honkin gun would have probably slowed him down.

Also, maybe he didn't know it was a gun and thought it was only a big stabby-knife
            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Yeah, he probably was in a rush. You know...big scary looking blue people following you..TIME TO RUN!

Comment

I think you're just reading too much into a minor detail. If they wanted something useful, you know that female caretaker's body's lying dead right there on the floor. What better way to know them than to take her back to the lab, and having some dissection fun?

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Were probably afraid of built in tracker or bomb.

Comment

It could have VERY likely had a remote sensor on it...allow the wraith to track them back.
                    Military strategy would dictate finding out more about your enemy before you bring anything of theirs into your base of ops.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by ylai

I was thinking the same thing.
                      He should have brought the weapon back to Atlantis like SG-1 brought back Staff weapons and Zat guns

Comment

Maybe they will in the future, who knows.

Comment

If your running for your life from Bears with stunguns that probably weigh alot I think you'd drop that stungun to gain that extra 1 or 3 MPH so you can you know LIVE.

Comment

Or you could shoot the bears.

Comment

If you wanna really check out the hindsight then ask yourself why when the got back in Rising didnt they just grab a naquada generator, a puddle jumper that had a working cloak and head back to the planet, set it to overload, drop it out the back over top of the ship and get the hell out of there... I guess that would have put a big dent in the storyline for the series, but I sort of wondered about that from the get-go.

Comment

Working...
                              X