This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done and dusted: The Wraith - HZ enemy

I wonder if the wraith are going to be pushed into the background in atlantis or they are going to be replaced with this new enemy for season 3?
    We are told the new enemy could be the alien race that created the virus in the episode "hot zone" season 1, i loke the wraith but have they done all they plan to do with them and move onto the new enemy as the show goes on or could they keep them there like they did with the Goa'uld in SG1?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

I think they could keep the two..I love the Wraith...man their the best villains ever and since SGA has Teyla on their team..they hav emore than a fighting chance..but I do wonder about the microtechno killers (my little name for them). Since that freaked me out that ep...not only would have world panic..but what's interesting is that it's also airborne...and further more..continuous affect of nuclear blasts can mess a person up. Hopefully Beckett can find something to stop taht without a blast being necessary!

VB
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

And what if the creators of the virus devise a new virus hellbent on destroyin only wraith DNA? Sounds sorta like beckits plan tho doesnt it

Comment

I want the new bad guys to be the furlings. That could explain a few things about the hot virus and where they've been.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
          I think they could keep the two..I love the Wraith...man their the best villains ever and since SGA has Teyla on their team..they hav emore than a fighting chance. VB
          Ditto. I love the wraith and want them to stay. Plus
          they haven't really done justice to them in the series
          thus far. Why the heck introduce another villon when
          you haven't even worked with the one you have.

sheesh!
          WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
          "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
          Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

I'd like to see them have to team up with the Wraith to take on these new badguys who're bent on killing them both. Man that would be a trip.

Comment

i don't think the furlings will be enemies
              they are part of the four races where the asgard, nox, furlings and alterans are part of
              we are descendants of the alterans so why would be their enemy?
              the hot zone virus could be created by like a Ashen similar civilazation

Comment

Its all pure speculation and guessing but:

The Hot Zone virus was of a advance civilization similar tech level to Anicients and was design not to kill Ancients but kill regular people, but why?

If it was the furling that could explain a few things one if the furlings originated from another galaxy (e.g. Pegasus) like the Asgard originated from Ida. Then that would explain where they have been all this time and why the SG1 has encountered very little evidence of them, compared to the other 3 great races of the 4.
                The furlings wouldn't want to kill the Ancients because of the alliance but if they were "seeding" the furlings galaxy (pegasus) with human life as Ancients do, the furling could have created the virus as a means of preventing the dominates of human worlds/using all the habitable worlds up in the pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Don't think its the Furlings and they could keep the both the HZV Creators and the Wraith in the show. The HZV creators could be like how the replicators were introduced in SG-1...true the replicators were nearly unstoppable but they were in the show and faced quite a bit by the team.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It seems like these enemies will be at each other's throats, like the Ori and Gou'ald.

Comment

Well the HZ people could of made the virus to kill humans, so the wraith die of starvation.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria
                        Ditto. I love the wraith and want them to stay. Plus
                        they haven't really done justice to them in the series
                        thus far. Why the heck introduce another villon when
                        you haven't even worked with the one you have.

sheesh!
                        Simple, because it adds much needed variety to a show. SG-1 fought the Goa'uld mainly for almost nine years, they are mostly gone, yet some still remain. Howeverb it wasn't only the Goa'uld they had against them, they had many other enmies to contend with.

On Atlantis, it only has the Wraith or pre WW1 rejects like the Genii. So adding in a new enemy after 3 years is going to give a new breath of life to the show. Just when we see more of the Wraith, they know that they are at war with each other then comes along guys who seem far more deadly. They are trying to kill humans off, so are obviously not buddies with the Wraith. This means that it'll come down to each of them fighting a three way battle for the galaxy, yet the SGA team want to save them, the Wraith want to eat humans & the virus guys want to kill them off horribly.

These guys are obviously around when the Ancients were there, they must have posed a threat, otherwise the Lantians wouldn't have been studying the nanovirus in their labs. What makes these ones scary is that the Wraith are predicable, they need close contact with their victims, so they attack & sweep in with darts to scoop them up for harvesting. Whereas the new guys don't give a crap, so they can always remain far away from the action, all they need to do is dial up a gate address & chuck a cannister through.

I know who I'd rather face.

The new enemy will be recurring,that means we'll be seeing them again, just like the Genii. However they Won't be replacing the Wraith as the new main Pegasus bad guys.

Also we have been told that they are brand new, the Furlings are not, then have been mentioned a couple of times over on Sg-1. JM has already said they won't be on Atlantis, but they might finally be making their SG debut in the 200th episode special.

Whether it happens or not, remains to be seen.

Comment

yeah, its not the furlings....we do know that the furlings were from another galaxy, as are the nox, and the asgard. The alliance was an intergalactic alliance. its been mentioned in one of the sg1's episodes dealing with all that stuff...i can't remember which though. although the furlings are from a diff galaxy, i doubt it is the pegasus, and i doubt they hate humans.

Comment

Didn't the writers say that the new enemy in season 3 ISN'T the ones who created the Hot Zone virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient_Rilus
                              If it was the furling that could explain a few things one if the furlings originated from another galaxy (e.g. Pegasus) like the Asgard originated from Ida. Then that would explain where they have been all this time and why the SG1 has encountered very little evidence of them, compared to the other 3 great races of the 4.
                              The furlings wouldn't want to kill the Ancients because of the alliance but if they were "seeding" the furlings galaxy (pegasus) with human life as Ancients do, the furling could have created the virus as a means of preventing the dominates of human worlds/using all the habitable worlds up in the pegasus galaxy.
                              What gets me is that the virus was created to terrorize while it killed its victim. I truly don't think it would be the Furlings because despite the fact it didn't affect the Ancients they wouldn't approve it. The Ancients watched over the planets they seeded with life and protected them. I think the Ancients looked upon us as their children. Another thing is the terrorizing would be completely unnecessary and unspeakably cruel. So even if the Ancients allowed them to do that, for whatever reason, they wouldn't approve of that measure.

I believe they will keep the Wraith. It is only the third season and we still have a lot to learn about them. Besides we can have more than one enemy SG-1 is proof of that. I believe this new enemy will be a new addition to the show and not take the place of the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X