This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story ideas and possible fanfic

This is an idea for an episode I had. I would like peoples' input on wheather or not they think this is a good idea. If it is, what should I do with it? If anyone likes this I can post others.

15. General O’neill is caught off world on Earth’s newest battle cruiser. He is trapped near the core of the Galaxy. They are exploring the inner part of the galaxy in an attempt to find large deposits of Naqueda. They find one about the size of our moon. The super massive black hole is keeping them from moving. SG-1 finds a device capable of manipulating space time. There’s one big problem they need an ancient to use it. The most capable one of using it is General O’Neill who is stuck near the event horizon of a black hole. SG-1 uses the young Asguard clone of O’neill to control the ancient device. While attempting to rescue the General SG-1 discovers a factory on the Naqueda moon. The factory is building Stargates from the Naqueda and other materials around. SG-1 tries to devise a way to bring the moon with them. In the end they are not able to. All the memory from the factory is downloaded into the new ship using Mckay’s data compression. They are able to take many new gates and technology for a portable dhd.

any input would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

It seems ok as an outline but there will be details that need expanded on like why McKay is on the battle cruiser and why O'Neill is back in Action. Is it further back in time to before he moved to Home Security (or whether he is now)

Comment

thanks for your input. If it'll ease your mind Oneill is still head of homeworld security. He is on the ship because a huge deposit of naqueda would really help earth defense. Also Mckay is not on the ship just his compression program Carter uses to store the information from the ancient factory.

thanks a lot. any more questions or ideas are welcome.

Comment

some notes and suggested revisions:

With earths newest battle cruiser you mean Odyssee right? (If not, make it Odyssee).

-Have Carter/Landry present it to O'Neill. O'Neill volunteers for it, willingly. (nice character moment)
          -make the moon a dead planet, now asteriod
          -The device that controls the black hole is on the asteriod, in the factory.
          -Ancient knowledge doesn't get copied.

proposed revision:
          Have the star be the black hole. The Black hole is orbited by various ancient machines creating a force field of sorts, keeping the black hole from expanding and sucking in everything. An asteroid, with a lot of Naquadah on is orbiting what was once the sun. The asteroid was once a liveable place, but without a sun, it died. Now its just an asteroid, with Naquada on.

On the asteroid there is a factory that creates stargates. Also on the asteroid there is a anchient chair that controls the factory and the black hole. The Odyssee with Jack somehow gets stuck into the grid, slowly being sucked into the black hole.

SG1 must get Jack clone to operate the ancient chair. They can free the Odyssee, but the asteroid gets sucked into the black hole. They aren’t able to download how to make gates.

You like the suggestions?

Comment

They defferently get the database on the asteroid. And may be the entire out post was design to draw power directly from the blackhole. The place could be last ever outpost occupied by the ancient. Containing their most advance technology. And the idea of us getting knowlege to create stargate billiant. This was show that we are further to becoming the fith race. Would make a plot for a story. Also instead of this being the odysee I would make a completly new battle ship, just so we can see a new ship.

Comment

Stargate manufacturing plant seems real cool. At the end you need O'Neill and his young clone fishing.

Comment

Wow thanks for the ideas. The oneills fishing is hillarious. As for the downloaded data from the factory, I am debating on four different ideas. Idea 1: SG-1 is unable to get any of the data from the factory.
                Idea 2: They get some of the data, but not enough to make their own gate. Thus they spend awhile trying to do just that.
                Idea 3: They get all of the data, but cannot duplicate any of the technology because it is so advanced. (I.E. the tolan ion canon)
                Idea 4: They get all the data and are able to make more gates. As part of a larger arc Earth is becomming very advanced. The trust and Baal infiltrate the sgc and area 51 when it appears we will be able to defeat the Ori. They steal almost everything we have. In this way we can see a great advance in our tech, but not a change in the world society. This is some of the appeal of the show for me. (This is just a base idea for now)

Also I think Carter should go with General Oneill. It would make more sense. Thanks shockwave for that idea. Also I was describing the size of the naqueda deposit with the moon statement. As for life being there once, sounds good. The reason they find this large of a naqueda deposit is because at the core of the galaxy there are more stars. Thus there are more supernovas, and more heavy elements like naqueda near the core. The supermassive black hole explains why there are more stars near the core.

Comment

I think idea 3 sounds like a good idea, this way in the future if technology advances enough maybe we could make some gates and have numerous gates on the planet

Comment

Is SG1 Mitchell/Carter/Daniel/Teal'c (season 9) or Mitchell/Carter/Daniel/Teal'c/Vala (season 10)?

Comment

Could always name the ship the Icarus.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I was thinking that this would take place s10 or later. I want to actually write a script for it. Maybe a two parter. I own all seasons of stargate, the movie, and stargate atlantis. I've watched it all three times. I just think maybe I could write an episode. If nothing else it would help me learn how to write a script.

Comment

if you want oneill in the ep, you can always they need someone to activate the Ancient tech. say its like in Moebius when no one at Area 51 could get the timeship to work but Oneill may be able.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Working...
                          X