Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG SG-1 : The Alliance VS. SG Worlds possible spoilers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG SG-1 : The Alliance VS. SG Worlds possible spoilers!

* WARNING: This thread may contain information about the STARGATE : The Alliance &/or STARGATE Worlds games which is not to everyone's taste. It may also contain spoilers for the current &/or previous seasons of STARGATE SG-1 &/or STARGATE : Atlantis. You have been warned! *

Just saw the announcement on the Gateworld.net homepage about STARGATE WORLDS, the first MMORPG set in the STARGATE universe (see STARGATE SG-1 : The Alliance & Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment offical websites respectively [as well as various threads found in the Gateworld forums] for more info. on, & discussion of, these games).

Whilst I am very happy that an STARGATE-themed MMORPG is comming out in the near future - I think it will be an exciting & interesting addition to the franchise in MHO - & whilst I am will DEFINATELY be signing up for an account with it when it becomes active; I cannot but help but wonder whether STARGATE Worlds will be plagued by the same problems SG SG-1 : The Alliance has unfortunately been hit with (not to mention other 'failed' product lines, such as the offical STARGATE SG-1 RPG & the like)?

I also do not seem to like the idea that this announcement comes 'so soon' after Perception Entertainment has apparently lost it's liscence to produce SG SG-1 : The Alliance (no small thanks to JoWood Productions! *grrrr*); as it seems, at least in HMO, that they are trying to 'substitute' one for the other. On the other hand, if they do end up releasing both SG SG-1 : The Alliance AND STARGATE Worlds, I would be most pleased indeed (we can but hope, purchance to dream)!

Getting back to the supposed release of STARGATE Worlds; I wonder if we will be able to play characters such as Tok'Ra, Serrakin, Unas, etc? We already known that we can choose from SG Teams & the good old Goa'uuld; & that outside influences such as the Orii & others will be influencing the way the MMORPG evolves & grows over time with player actions, etc; but beyound this we have little to go on other than what CME has stated in their press release/website.

If anyone has any news relating to either SG SG-1 : The Alliance &/or STARGATE Worlds, please feel free to let us all know by posting in this thread (or another thread, if an approperiate one exists); as I for one am curious to see how this will go down.

Let us hope MGM learns from their diasterous mistakes with SG SG-1 : The Alliance & manages to get STARGATE Worlds up & running with no drams or hassles (for crying out loud, we're not asking for miracles here; just some common sense & some follow-through with their supposed 'promises' to the STARGATE fans & community! *hint hint MGM & co.*).

Any thoughts on this would be welcome, & please don't forget to sign the 'Save STARGATE SG-1 : The Alliance' petition (click here) so that we can hopefully enjoy two STARGATE games in the future!

I was about to post this, but with the thread title of "This is why Stargate SG-1: The Alliance was cancelled". I think it's catchy.

Comment

I´m feeling disappointed that Stargate Alliance was cancelled. I´m not a big shooter fan but I had liked to have a new "episode" with O´Neill and co.
      I´m not interested in a MMORPG. For me they are too expensive and time consuming.
      I wished MGM had not cancelled The Alliance they could have released both games becauses I think they would have buyed by different fans (after releasing the Star Wars MMORPG are still new non-online Star Wars games made, same for Final Fantasy).
      Last edited by Starfalcon; 01 February 2006, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Nooooo! I don't want an MMORPG >_< Not only does my computer suck but I don't want to pay a subscription. The whole online thing really doesn't appeal to me and I don't like playing games on PC, its far more comfy on consoles I think. I wanted Alliance! Bah.
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

They have only just started the work on the MMOG. No one will be playing it for at least 18 months or longer

Comment

IMO Stargate the Alliance wasn't good enough for the franchise (never thrust anything JoWood have touvhed)

But Stargate Worlds looks promising
            sigpic

Comment

I can never understand how anyone here can say ALLIANCE wasn't good enough - who here has played it in any form? come on raise your hands now. I for one think MMO's are nothing short of profiteering, taking the piss out of people they know they can screw for a few months just because it says STARGATE on the box, besides MMO's are all about hitting the Good Old US of A as my experience is that i've fought more yanks than any other nation

Comment

It remains to be seen if Worlds will be up top in games or a total flop. The concept art is slightly worrying as the Serpent Guard look nothing like they are supposed to be. And the fact that its from an almost completely unknown company makes it slightly worrying. Not that the game shows something promising and gets cancelled like Alliance, that would be just too much. One thing about an MMORPG is that its ever evolving and it would allow story arcs that they dont have time for in the show to be settled. People want to see Aschen again? Put them as an NPC in the game.

But still i am skeptical, we can only wait and see i guess.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I'm a huge RPG fan (namely pencil and paper RPGs). Although I would like to have both Stargate games, i'll settle for an MMORPG gladly. The idea of ahving a Diplomat class that has to sway local systems into allying is awesome. Of course, i'mma rock the Soldier.
                  "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

I really liked the idea behind "The Alliance". This Stargate Worlds is going to have to prove something to me before I'll get too excited about it. I've never really been into online gaming.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not all that easily hyped over FPS games...and to me SG1TA never looked particularly special, sure it was stargate, but it still didn't look particularly special.

Anyway, hopefully-And a lot of Hope-this game will have the depth of World of Warcraft on the ground and the depth of EVE online in space.
                      You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                      And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck
                        <snip> who here has played it in any form? come on raise your hands now. <snip>
                        *raises hand*

Comment

If i was stood in front of you i'd shake your hand you lucky SOB. So you thought it was good huh? Well theres a thought.

Comment

Working...
                          X