This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 season 9 finale speculation

Hey guys i was just reading the latest addition to the season 9 stories section on the site and it got me thinkin. Well it says SG1 are goin to get some unlikely allies towards the end of the season and it made me very curious coz it also says that keeping those allies would be a problem. Now i know this is going to sound unlikely but if anything it should make for some good conversation.
    Well one of the reasons i have been enjoying stargate so much this year has been because of the interconnectivity between atlantis and sg1 which has increased significantly since last year mostly because sg1 was too preoccupied with anubis at the time, and atlantis with getting a new zpm. Now after the season 2 finale of atlantis we know that the wraith are headed towards earth. We also know that they have changed slightly in that they are now willing to look at humans as something more than just food thanks to 'michael'.
    Based on all this i belive it may be a possibility that the 'unlikely allies' on sg1 may be the wraith. Afterall the ori will wanna get rid of the wraith just as much as the humans coz if most of the humans in the galaxy fall to the wraith that means less ppl to worship the ori which in turn means less power for them. The wraith will wanna get rid of the ori simply coz they are more powerful which is why they wanted to get rid of the 'lantians'.
    In the interest of being fair, this theory does have one major flaw in that commercially speaking it would be a risky venture to introduce the 'bad guys' so to say from the atlantis storyline into the sg1 storyline. there is also only one reason the producers would do that and that reason could spell bad news for us as it may lead to the end of either the sg1 series or even worse both the series.
    One similar thing i can think of right now is that i could compare it to sumthing like what happened to the marvel comics towards the end, quiet a few of the story lines started coinciding alot, like ironman appearing in spiderman episodes etc... In fact the same thing happened on star trek before the enterprise series came out. Lol infact the reason the star trek producers had to base a new star trek series before kirk was simply because all the current series at the time had coincided too much and they were left with a big muddle and no more stories to tell. I think i have written too much so i will leave you guys to speculate. Would love to know what u guys think.

Originally posted by al87013
    One similar thing i can think of right now is that i could compare it to sumthing like what happened to the marvel comics towards the end, quiet a few of the story lines started coinciding alot, like ironman appearing in spiderman episodes etc... In fact the same thing happened on star trek before the enterprise series came out. Lol infact the reason the star trek producers had to base a new star trek series before kirk was simply because all the current series at the time had coincided too much and they were left with a big muddle and no more stories to tell. I think i have written too much so i will leave you guys to speculate. Would love to know what u guys think.
    they went to the 22th century because B&B ran out ideas. And on Enterprise, they didn't have much good ideas either.

I'm sure RDM or some other guy could have come up with quite some interesting things. DS9 leftovers, ...

Comment

DS9 leftovers?? THE most unpopular star trek series ever made. No i dont think that would have worked. and sufficed to say if B and B ran out of ideas it meant there were no good ideas left.

Comment

Hey guys i was just reading the latest addition to the season 9 stories section on the site and it got me thinkin. Well it says SG1 are goin to get some unlikely allies towards the end of the season and it made me very curious coz it also says that keeping those allies would be a problem. Now i know this is going to sound unlikely but if anything it should make for some good conversation.
        Well one of the reasons i have been enjoying stargate so much this year has been because of the interconnectivity between atlantis and sg1 which has increased significantly since last year mostly because sg1 was too preoccupied with anubis at the time, and atlantis with getting a new zpm. Now after the season 2 finale of atlantis we know that the wraith are headed towards earth. We also know that they have changed slightly in that they are now willing to look at humans as something more than just food thanks to 'michael'.
        Based on all this i belive it may be a possibility that the 'unlikely allies' on sg1 may be the wraith. Afterall the ori will wanna get rid of the wraith just as much as the humans coz if most of the humans in the galaxy fall to the wraith that means less ppl to worship the ori which in turn means less power for them. The wraith will wanna get rid of the ori simply coz they are more powerful which is why they wanted to get rid of the 'lantians'.
        In the interest of being fair, this theory does have one major flaw in that commercially speaking it would be a risky venture to introduce the 'bad guys' so to say from the atlantis storyline into the sg1 storyline. there is also only one reason the producers would do that and that reason could spell bad news for us as it may lead to the end of either the sg1 series or even worse both the series.
        Nope!!! not going to happen at least not next season

Comment

Sure, I'll speculate on the season finale of season 9. It's going to fracking rule!!!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Vala coming back, the Ori at our doorstep and the Orion showing to warn us of the impending Wraithy doom.

Comment

DS9 leftovers?? THE most unpopular star trek series ever made.
              actually, Enterprise was the least popular one, followed by voyager

the popularity is probably like this:
              1. TNG (or TOS)
              2. TOS (or TNG)
              3. DS9
              4. VOY
              5. ENT

Comment

You have got to be kidding!! voyager was one of the most successful not 2 nd from the bottom! and there is no way ds9 was more popular than enterprise. The reason enterprise didnt do well was because it was aired around same time as programs like smallville er and oc.

Comment

Oh and guys any ideas on who the unlikely allies may be, ive already counted wraith as possibility but an unlikely one. Any others?? The good old goauld maybe?? someone mentioned the orion going to earth which is also a possibility. Let me know what you think guys.

Comment

Aschen? FURLINGS?

Comment

Working...
                    X