This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could happen in Season 3 ep 1? 'Allies' SPOILERS

After watching Season 2 epp 20. Some Potential Idea's have came into mind.

Being stargate and all, And what has happened. I think Micheal will Become an Ally as such, Help John, Rodney and Ronana escape. And they end up Eliminating the threat of the Impending Attck on earth.

But while thats happening i think Atlantis will Dial earth right away informing them of what has happened, Earth prepares a defence while Atlantis ready's Orion and send that after them (Possibly faster hyper drive, Being an Ancient ship and all.)

Well they are my Idea's on this Eppsiode.

What do others think

-Ryan
    http://splitreason.org

Originally posted by n3ksus
    After watching Season 2 epp 20. Some Potential Idea's have came into mind.

Being stargate and all, And what has happened. I think Micheal will Become an Ally as such, Help John, Rodney and Ronana escape. And they end up Eliminating the threat of the Impending Attck on earth.

But while thats happening i think Atlantis will Dial earth right away informing them of what has happened, Earth prepares a defence while Atlantis ready's Orion and send that after them (Possibly faster hyper drive, Being an Ancient ship and all.)

Well they are my Idea's on this Eppsiode.

What do others think

-Ryan
    You have to remember that they really weren't interested in the retrovirus. So considering that they are on the verge of a new feeding ground, then it'd be stupid for him to even consider jeopardising it. He may not have been able to see the Queen taking out the Wraith because he had an identical experience. However that whole scenario was a ploy, they had never intended to even to deploy it on enemy Hives.

Shep has disappeared, he was last seen followed by two Darts. So since Daedalus doesn't have him, then either one of four things, he went to the nearest planet & dialled the gate. Which I don't think will happen because he probably doesn't have enough fuel & air. Coupled with the fact that it was already done in the Hive. The Darts for some reason decided to hold fire & sweep him out of the Dart. Again unlikely, simply because we had already saw the Darts firing on him.

That leaves two scenarios. He like Daedalus was planning to do, flew underneath the Hive dodging the weapons fire, which took out the two pursuing Darts. Then he flew close enough to it, to mask his signals from everybod (including the Wraith) Then before they jumped to HS, he somehow found a nice enough spot to allow him to hitch a ride.

The second one is that when he was being fired upon, he used the 302's drive to jump inside the Hive. Which if it is the case, then it would be pretty much impossible to calculate in those fractions of a section that he had before doing it. Also they haven't even explored a quarter of the Hives because they are so big & they've only been in them as prisoners before, so he could end up jumping inside the Wraith barracks or in a wall etc.

So I'm going with masking his signature & hitching a ride.

Then in the premiere. I think he'll work his way to Rodney & Ronon, which again in even trying to find them without any locators in something that size would be pretty much impossible. Especially when you consider that a Hive ship holds 3000 Wraith. Probably much more this time because they were on their way to a new feeding ground. However when Shep 'somehow' uses his skills to track them down. He frees them, then Rodney expands on his earlier statements of hacking the Wraith systems. They work from inside to disable the jamming code & either slow down or stop the Hives from flying. Then at the end, they manage to disable the jamming systems & are beamed off by the Daedalus at the very last minute. Who has been pursuing them & being much faster, caught them after managing to find them again. It them beams the nuke & takes out a Hive ship.

While on the Atlantis side, Weir realises that she's really in the **** now. The Orion is ready & waiting, so it takes Atlantis' ZPM to boost it's Hyperdrives, Shields & Weapons. It personally is commanded by either Weir or Caldwell who sets off on pursuit of the Hives. They don't manage to get the Drones working in time but do get the energy weapon working & thanks to the super boost from the ZPM, it gives off a superme blast that cuts the Hive to pieces.

or

They contact the SGC, who get their ships ready & contact either the Jaffa or the Asgard to help come & clean up their mess. Although I think it's more likely & poetic that since they made it, then they clean it up themselves. If they don't then they'll look incompetent & incapable, therefore changes in the hierarchy of the Atlantis expedition would surely be made in that case, to make sure that it would never happen again.

Comment

I just hope they make it to our galaxy.

Spoiler

Apparently woolsey is going to appear in atlantis at the beginning of season three , perhaps he going there for a vocation, but more likely he going to investigate a incident, AKA maybe how the hell did they allow the wraith to discover the location of our galaxy and get the hyperdrive tech
      from atlantis to get there.

So Base on this the hives at lease should make to our galaxy. And then are fought back by the jaffa nation and the asguard and odysey, which would show that these two former eneamys can work togeather. Orion comes in the last second, get blown the crap out of it by ori battle cruiser which came to investigate what be happening.

Comment

Sheppard may have just flow into the Hive Ship - he knows where the dart bay is located so he may have just flown into there, knowing that the darts would follow and either crash or stop firing (cuz if they carried on they could cause much damage inside the ship as well)

Something else that came to me, was the title "No Man's Land".

This was a term used in World War I by soldiers to describe the ground between the two opposing trenches. So "No Man's Land" could be refering to the ground between Pegasus Galaxy and The Milky Way. Just a thought.
        Last edited by TheWarrior; 01 February 2006, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
          Sheppard may have just flow into the Hive Ship - he knows where the dart bay is located so he may have just flown into there, knowing that the darts would follow and either crash or stop firing (cuz if they carried on they could cause much damage inside the ship as well)

Something else that came to me, was the title "No Man's Land".

This was a term used in World War I by soldiers to describe the ground between the two opposing trenches. So "No Man's Land" could be refering to the ground between Pegasus Galaxy and The Milky Way. Just a thought.
          My guess is similar, that sheppard flew into the wraith fighter bay, cos he knew the two darts wouldn't risk shooting the fighter bay.

or its possible the wraith darts stopped firing on him cos he was too close to their hyper drive and didnt want to do sheppards job for him (friendly fire incident or cos sheppards 302 to crash on hyper drive). In which case its possible they beamed him into dart and returned to the fighter bay.

Anyway heres my guess at how Season3 starts:

With Sheppard on the wraith hive ship, Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan will rescue each other and then work to sabatoge the hive ship before both hive ships reach the MW. Plus with sheppard onboard if the hive ship does reach the MW sheppard, Mckay and Ronan, could escape via a dart piloted by sheppard, hes done it before.

Meanwhile the Daedalus will return to atlantis my guess is it that having sustained heavy damage they were reduced to under 20% shields the intergalactic hyperspace drive will be down. Thus the daedalus will be stuck for repairs. With this situation the orion will be sent after the 2 hive ships headed to MW, with zelenka, hermoid and Lorne in command, as orion hyperdrives are ancient intergalactic and possibly faster than daedalus thus they'll stand a chance at catching them. As orion is sent after the 2 hive ships sent to MW. A third hive ship (possible 3 hive ships were in Allies, Micheals hive ship, the first 'enemy' hive ship they attacked and damaged + second 'enemy' hive ship, that Micheals is on MW to with) is detected on its way to Atlantis, its the first 'enemy' hive ship they encountered earlier, which Micheals ship sent 'diplomats' to, which have informed it of Atlantis. Atlantis has hours to ready its self and the damaged daedalus to defend against the wraith hive ship.

Hermoid and zelenka (+ scientists' team) are able to finish the repairs to the orion while in hyperspace, giving them weapons capablity and hyperspace communications up. Hermoid contacts the Asgard and SGC.

Mckay and Sheppard meanwhile have devised a plan having escaped to use Mckays hacks to drop the Hive ship they're on out of hyperspace while still in the pegasus galaxy and then destroy the wraith hyperdrive crippling it in pegasus.(then at least MW will only have one hive to deal with) Hopefully near a stargate, so sheppard can pilot a dart off the hive ship. With Ronan as a guide round the ship, Mckay and his hacks and sheppards piloting skills the plans a go.

On Atlantis Weir has the city cloaked and ready to put its shield up, while Caldwell and the partially repaired daedalus are in orbit, the hive and daedalus scrap and the daedalus is getting the nuts kicked out of it. The daedalus desends from its orbit towards atlantis, Weir's team tracking its desent and relaying the information so daedalus doesnt crash into Atlantis. The hive ship follows the daedalus down. At which point the daedalus engages its hyperdrives and zips into orbit. Atlantis decloaks and switches immediately to shields. Now with the hive ship above Atlantis and pinned in close range between Atlantis and the Daedalus, they use Atlantis' drones and daedalus to destroy the hive ship.

Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan are sucessful in crippling micheals hive ship and destroying its hyperdrive, thus stranding it in pegasus, but the second hive ship remains on course to MW. Sheppard and Ronan then with Mckay fight their way to the fighter bay and steal a fighter. Before leaving Mckay activates several other hacks to disable the hive ship's weapons, allowing them a chance to escape, if sheppard can out run the other fighters. (This would explain how Micheal can reappear later in season 3, as a regular wraith character, as his hive is not destroyed just crippled)

Meanwhile Lorne, Hermoid and Zelenka arrive in MW on orion just after the
          second hive ship has, They begin to attack the hive ship however the shield repairs from earlier (season 2 allies) begin to fail. As shields are almost depleted, the Asgard fleet arrives and finishes the job the orion started.

On Atlantis Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan arrive via stargate and are briefed on events that happened while they were captured. Meanwhile the orion arrives back in pegasus with part of the Asgard fleet. The Asgard beam down to Atlantis and discuss with Weir, Caldwell and Sheppard about this incident and offer additional support in the form of help repairing orion and permenant Asgard team/member to help to Atlantis team.

(This is all speculation based on spoilers and information from Allies)

Comment

Rodney said he'd sabotaged most of the "friendly" Hive's systems. The Wraith are still at civil war and incredibly jumpy.

If they somehow had some retrovirus with them and could get it into the life support system of the 2nd Hive, they could get the 2 hives to take each other out.

Michael seemed to be having serious doubt about Wraith life style. He couldn't even watch his Queen feed without looking disgusted and having to leave (stating "I've seen enough!").

And, obviously, there will be more McShepness.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
              I just hope they make it to our galaxy.
              So Base on this the hives at lease should make to our galaxy. And then are fought back by the jaffa nation and the asguard and odysey, which would show that these two former eneamys can work togeather. Orion comes in the last second, get blown the crap out of it by ori battle cruiser which came to investigate what be happening.
              2 hive ships vs an Asgard ship wouldn't be much of a fight tbh, the energy weapons on Asgard O'niell class ships are stupidly powerful. If they do make it (and I also hope they do) expect them to be confronted by the Odyssey and/or some Jaffa ships.
              Last edited by V-MAN; 02 February 2006, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient_Rilus
                as orion hyperdrives are ancient intergalactic and possibly faster than daedalus thus they'll stand a chance at catching them.
                The Orion was described by Sheppard as being the same class as the Aurora (if he is qualified to make that judgement is another matter but he clearly points out it's almost identical). Remember the episode where the Aurora was discovered, there was a Wraith on board who was in the stasis thingy posing as the ships first officer and he was trying to talk the captain into modifying the Hyperdrive engines so that they could travel between galaxies.

My point is if the Aurora and the Orion are the same class why would the Orion have intergalactic hyperdrives and the Aurora not.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                  The Orion was described by Sheppard as being the same class as the Aurora (if he is qualified to make that judgement is another matter but he clearly points out it's almost identical). Remember the episode where the Aurora was discovered, there was a Wraith on board who was in the stasis thingy posing as the ships first officer and he was trying to talk the captain into modifying the Hyperdrive engines so that they could travel between galaxies.

My point is if the Aurora and the Orion are the same class why would the Orion have intergalactic hyperdrives and the Aurora not.
                  Its possible orions engines have already been tampered with by Mckay.

Spoiler:
                  In Allies the Wraith use a computer virus to steal two key pieces of information from the team's database, 1. the location of every world they've visited, so the wraith now know where earth is + its stargate address and 2. the the Aurora report, they stole the Aurora report for the engine mods. Thus allowing the wraith intergalactic hyperdrive travel.

Thus if the team has had that information and been repairing orion for a month Mckay has either probably already used it thats why the engines weren't fully operational earlier in that ep. Or Hermoid and Zelenka will work on the mods while chasing the wraith. (Jack has modified engines in hyper space before so it is possible to do "lost city",).

The best chance the team has of catching up to the wraith is the orion, cos Im guessing ancient modded wraith hyper drives are alot faster than the daedalus + ZPM hyperdrives.

Comment

The Orion as McKay said was a miracle that they managed to get it up & running inside 3 weeks. Since humans can't even build their own Hyperdrives, which conisdering they studied Goa'uld ships in their possession etc, then with the damage that it already had depleted, shields, engines down. Weapons offline, then the fact that they haven't even managed to fully repair everything. At the beginning of the ep, McKay asks the enginners to show him the tablets, they got the shields up, engines were a maybe & drones were still down. So considering this was moments before the Hive ship appeared in orbit, then I find it highly, highly unlikely that they was be arsing about looking at ancient specs & trying to fumble an intergalactic drive on it, especially when they had no clue of the Wraith's intentions. So considering they were working up to the very last minute on it & still didn't manage to get engines fully functional & weapons at all. Then it's a bit of a strecth to even comprehend how they had time to attempt an Ancient upgrade on the drive.

So taking into account what they said in 'Aurora' of them planning to upgrade the drives to get back to Atlantis quicker, then lets say it's not going to have a patch on the Daedalus for speed the way it is now. Never mind even thinking that it'd still go quicker that Daedalus with a ZPM.

It was taking them far too long to get back to Atlantis in 'Aurora' using the standard drive.

Then the fact that of them not needing intergalactic drives as the Wraith don't go out of the galaxy. Then the crew of 'Aurora' were tricked & trapped into thinking about upgrading it through VR manipulation. This hasn't happened with the 'Orion', it was damaged in battle & parked in a hangar.

Perhaps the intergalactic hyperdrive may be compareable to that of an Asgard one, however I don't think it still even comes close. So being that there is a pretty pretty high basis that it won't have one, then Daedalus is actually the best choice. The only way Orion could have any hope of catching up is to take Atlantis' ZPM & use that to boost it's engines.

Don't forget, they speculated that the Wraith in 'Aurora', may have been there for a while. So it's possible that it had already transmitted modifications to it's Hive ship before Daedalus had even got there. It was killed before it got a chance to transmit anything further since they arrived. So this could explain why they specifically went for the mission reports, to allow them to get the rest of the work that they never had a chance to see.

This sounds plausible to me because if you think about it, they could easily have taken out Daedalus, then boarded it to get the drive specs. Yet they jumped & are headed towards Earth. I think that they had already been upgrading the drives, just they never got a chance to complete them. Then they got McKay to 'repair' some of the things that they were unsure of. Which really was modified ancient tech. Which McKay wouldn't really know of, because he hasn't ever had access to such detailed Wraith tech before.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I don't think McKay had time to analyze the Aurora's hyperdrive modifications, they had to blow up the ship. Also I don't believe the Wraith got the Aurora reports until the end. I doubt they had time to make the modifications in that time. I think its more likely they already had the modifications, and were more interested in locating Earth
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                        The Orion as McKay said was a miracle that they managed to get it up & running inside 3 weeks. Since humans can't even build their own Hyperdrives, which conisdering they studied Goa'uld ships in their possession etc, then with the damage that it already had depleted, shields, engines down. Weapons offline, then the fact that they haven't even managed to fully repair everything. At the beginning of the ep, McKay asks the enginners to show him the tablets, they got the shields up, engines were a maybe & drones were still down. So considering this was moments before the Hive ship appeared in orbit, then I find it highly, highly unlikely that they was be arsing about looking at ancient specs & trying to fumble an intergalactic drive on it, especially when they had no clue of the Wraith's intentions. So considering they were working up to the very last minute on it & still didn't manage to get engines fully functional & weapons at all. Then it's a bit of a strecth to even comprehend how they had time to attempt an Ancient upgrade on the drive.

So taking into account what they said in 'Aurora' of them planning to upgrade the drives to get back to Atlantis quicker, then lets say it's not going to have a patch on the Daedalus for speed the way it is now. Never mind even thinking that it'd still go quicker that Daedalus with a ZPM.

It was taking them far too long to get back to Atlantis in 'Aurora' using the standard drive.

Then the fact that of them not needing intergalactic drives as the Wraith don't go out of the galaxy. Then the crew of 'Aurora' were tricked & trapped into thinking about upgrading it through VR manipulation. This hasn't happened with the 'Orion', it was damaged in battle & parked in a hangar.

Perhaps the intergalactic hyperdrive may be compareable to that of an Asgard one, however I don't think it still even comes close. So being that there is a pretty pretty high basis that it won't have one, then Daedalus is actually the best choice. The only way Orion could have any hope of catching up is to take Atlantis' ZPM & use that to boost it's engines.

Don't forget, they speculated that the Wraith in 'Aurora', may have been there for a while. So it's possible that it had already transmitted modifications to it's Hive ship before Daedalus had even got there. It was killed before it got a chance to transmit anything further since they arrived. So this could explain why they specifically went for the mission reports, to allow them to get the rest of the work that they never had a chance to see.

This sounds plausible to me because if you think about it, they could easily have taken out Daedalus, then boarded it to get the drive specs. Yet they jumped & are headed towards Earth. I think that they had already been upgrading the drives, just they never got a chance to complete them. Then they got McKay to 'repair' some of the things that they were unsure of. Which really was modified ancient tech. Which McKay wouldn't really know of, because he hasn't ever had access to such detailed Wraith tech before.
                        In inferno Mckay repaired orion's shields, so they were fixed anyway just depleted from inferno ep as they escaped and the hyperspace drive was repair by Mckay thats how they opened the hyperspace window in inferno to escape. The problem with the engines was the sublight engines, nothing to do with hyper drive engines, which Mckay himself states he just didnt have enough time to fix. Prommy and daedalus both have sublight engines so they're nothing new to Mckay and his team + Daedalus crew or hermoid for that matter (and a month should be long enough to fix them, Mckay stated on his own he just ran out of time), so bearing that in mind why would Mckay be messing with the Hyper drive..er could be to make it intergalactic, so that Atlantis has more than one intergalactic ship to act as transport to and from earth.

Yes the Wraith got Mckay to repair their ship so the Wraith scientists could put their main effort into making the mods to their hyper space drives the same time. Thats how they have intergalactic hyper drive travel.

If the daedalus was a faster means of transport to the MW than ancient modded wraith hyper drives then why didnt the Wraith steal it, wouldnt a faster ship than their's be a threat to them reaching the MW. Thats why the 3rd hive would attack Atlantis, as the Wraith dont know about orion they would assume that the damaged Daedalus would have to remain at Atlantis without attempting to chase them having to protect Atlantis from the 3rd hive ship. So Orion would be SGA's best chance now at catching the wraith.

(posted early by accident before post was finished)
                        Last edited by Ancient_Rilus; 02 February 2006, 08:21 AM.

Comment

My guess is similar, that sheppard flew into the wraith fighter bay, cos he knew the two darts wouldn't risk shooting the fighter bay.

or its possible the wraith darts stopped firing on him cos he was too close to their hyper drive and didnt want to do sheppards job for him (friendly fire incident or cos sheppards 302 to crash on hyper drive). In which case its possible they beamed him into dart and returned to the fighter bay.

Anyway heres my guess at how Season3 starts:

With Sheppard on the wraith hive ship, Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan will rescue each other and then work to sabatoge the hive ship before both hive ships reach the MW. Plus with sheppard onboard if the hive ship does reach the MW sheppard, Mckay and Ronan, could escape via a dart piloted by sheppard, hes done it before.

Meanwhile the Daedalus will return to atlantis my guess is it that having sustained heavy damage they were reduced to under 20% shields the intergalactic hyperspace drive will be down. Thus the daedalus will be stuck for repairs. With this situation the orion will be sent after the 2 hive ships headed to MW, with zelenka, hermoid and Lorne in command, as orion hyperdrives are ancient intergalactic and possibly faster than daedalus thus they'll stand a chance at catching them. As orion is sent after the 2 hive ships sent to MW. A third hive ship (possible 3 hive ships were in Allies, Micheals hive ship, the first 'enemy' hive ship they attacked and damaged + second 'enemy' hive ship, that Micheals is on MW to with) is detected on its way to Atlantis, its the first 'enemy' hive ship they encountered earlier, which Micheals ship sent 'diplomats' to, which have informed it of Atlantis. Atlantis has hours to ready its self and the damaged daedalus to defend against the wraith hive ship.

Hermoid and zelenka (+ scientists' team) are able to finish the repairs to the orion while in hyperspace, giving them weapons capablity and hyperspace communications up. Hermoid contacts the Asgard and SGC.

Mckay and Sheppard meanwhile have devised a plan having escaped to use Mckays hacks to drop the Hive ship they're on out of hyperspace while still in the pegasus galaxy and then destroy the wraith hyperdrive crippling it in pegasus.(then at least MW will only have one hive to deal with) Hopefully near a stargate, so sheppard can pilot a dart off the hive ship. With Ronan as a guide round the ship, Mckay and his hacks and sheppards piloting skills the plans a go.

On Atlantis Weir has the city cloaked and ready to put its shield up, while Caldwell and the partially repaired daedalus are in orbit, the hive and daedalus scrap and the daedalus is getting the nuts kicked out of it. The daedalus desends from its orbit towards atlantis, Weir's team tracking its desent and relaying the information so daedalus doesnt crash into Atlantis. The hive ship follows the daedalus down. At which point the daedalus engages its hyperdrives and zips into orbit. Atlantis decloaks and switches immediately to shields. Now with the hive ship above Atlantis and pinned in close range between Atlantis and the Daedalus, they use Atlantis' drones and daedalus to destroy the hive ship.

Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan are sucessful in crippling micheals hive ship and destroying its hyperdrive, thus stranding it in pegasus, but the second hive ship remains on course to MW. Sheppard and Ronan then with Mckay fight their way to the fighter bay and steal a fighter. Before leaving Mckay activates several other hacks to disable the hive ship's weapons, allowing them a chance to escape, if sheppard can out run the other fighters. (This would explain how Micheal can reappear later in season 3, as a regular wraith character, as his hive is not destroyed just crippled)

Meanwhile Lorne, Hermoid and Zelenka arrive in MW on orion just after the
                          second hive ship has, They begin to attack the hive ship however the shield repairs from earlier (season 2 allies) begin to fail. As shields are almost depleted, the Asgard fleet arrives and finishes the job the orion started.

On Atlantis Sheppard, Mckay and Ronan arrive via stargate and are briefed on events that happened while they were captured. Meanwhile the orion arrives back in pegasus with part of the Asgard fleet. The Asgard beam down to Atlantis and discuss with Weir, Caldwell and Sheppard about this incident and offer additional support in the form of help repairing orion and permenant Asgard team/member to help to Atlantis team.

(This is all speculation based on spoilers and information from Allies)
                          This is exactly what I was thinking..when I was writing the spoiler/reviews for Allies....exactly on point.

But my question..where's Teyla? On Orion with Lorne? Or sleeping? she could be of asset to Lorne's team...she might have gained some abilities hopefully by then to take out a few Wraith mentally..like Bob did to her in the beginning...?!
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

In inferno Mckay repaired orion's shields, so they were fixed anyway just depleted from inferno ep as they escaped and the hyperspace drive was repair by Mckay thats how they opened the hyperspace window in inferno to escape. The problem with the engines was the sublight engines, nothing to do with hyper drive engines, which Mckay himself states he just didnt have enough time to fix. Prommy and daedalus both have sublight engines so they're nothing new to Mckay and his team + Daedalus crew or hermoid for that matter (and a month should be long enough to fix them, Mckay stated on his own he just ran out of time), so bearing that in mind why would Mckay be messing with the Hyper drive..er could be to make it intergalactic, so that Atlantis has more than one intergalactic ship to act as transport to and from earth.

Yes the Wraith got Mckay to repair their ship so the Wraith scientists could put their main effort into making the mods to their hyper space drives the same time. Thats how they have intergalactic hyper drive travel.

If the daedalus was a faster means of transport to the MW than ancient modded wraith hyper drives then why didnt the Wraith steal it, wouldnt a faster ship than their's be a threat to them reaching the MW. Thats why the 3rd hive would attack Atlantis, as the Wraith dont know about orion they would assume that the damaged Daedalus would have to remain at Atlantis without attempting to chase them having to protect Atlantis from the 3rd hive ship. So Orion would be SGA's best chance now at catching the wraith.

Far to many assumptions are made here with nothing to back them up.

Prometheus and Daedalus have sublight engines but how do we know that they use the same principle as the sublight engines on ancient ships? Yes our ships are based on Go'uld tech which is based on old old old ancient tech but the Orion is pretty much as cutting edge as it gets with regards to ancient tech. Ancients made advances in other areas (ring tech onto beam tech) perhaps they did in other areas too like sublight engine tech.

One month to fix the hyperdrive and make it intergalactic? How long had that Ancient crew in the VR simulation been at it under favourable conditions (in the simulation Aurora was in full working order)? What makes you think McKay and his team can do it in the same time or faster? Given orions condition and the fact that McKay and his team arn't a team of lantian engineers I think it would take them longer if they coud do it at all.

What makes you think the Wraith could steal the Daedalus? They could try but I think the daedalus would prolly run everytime before it's shields were depleted. It's far more likely they would want to destroy it or cripple her to prevent her following them. That's why the opened fire on her the second she dropped out of hyperspace before her shields were up then buggered off once they had done what they intended to do.

3rd Hive ship? I don't believe there actually was a 3rd Hive ship it was just part of the story the Wraith used to fool Wier and company. That 3rd hive was just the 2nd one from earlier in the episode.

Comment

McKay didn't fix the shields, he simply turned them on. Which were still damaged that only allowed for 4 secs of impact before they went down.

Next onto the engines, didn't he say maybe in 'Allies' after looking at the tablet, when asked about jumping into position. Funny, I though the Hyperdrive was used for that & not the sublight engines.

Next you say McKay & his team are used to fixing Sublight engines, with Earth tech, this may be the case, BUT this is the first time that they have eever had their hands on an Actual Ancient ship. Then the fact that it's totally different from what they're used to. Then the fact of the time restraints placed upon them, combined with more urgent matters to take care of first. So perhaps if they had got around to actually completing it in 'Aurora' & if McKay was an Ancient himself & had a similar experienced time. Then yes, it would be possible to do it, but they're not.

Also they would NOT use an Ancient Warship, a working one at that to be used as a transport from galaxy to galaxy. Especially when they have ships to already do that currently. Another fact is that it's an Atlantis ship, so why haven't we seen Prometheus in Pegasus yet, why hasn't Daniel been there, why hasn't Sg-1 or anybody else from the SGC came there. Why aren't they putting Asgard science teams in Atlantis. Why haven't we seen zats or staff weapons being used. Because they are seperate shows & so don't want them to crossover frequently. The same reasons why we haven't seen the Daedalus being used in SG-1 yet.

They are not going to use an Ancient Warship to have upgraded intergalactic hyperdrive, that was done by a completely inexperienced teacm on their first go. To do this in the space of 3 weeks, especially when shields, sublight, weapons etc were all damaged. Then to have it used to appear on Sg-1 as a transport ship, despite the fact that they already have ships for that, or to come & fight the Ori whenever the need arises. The same exact reason why Atlantis has been in trouble many times in the past 2 years, yet the Asgard have never sent a ship to help out, despite the fact that Atlantis may hold the knowledge to save their race from extinction.

Onto McKay & the Wraith now, why on earth would they get McKay to fix their ship, so that they could concentrate on the hyperdrive modding. If they didn't go to the other Hive in the first place, then it wouldn't have been damaged at all, would it. So McKay wouldn't have been needed to repair damage that could have been totally avoidable. So simply don't go near the other Hive ship & make the repairs,. You don't deliberately damage your own ship & have a complete stranger to come in & make repairs that weren't necessary at all.

After the damage had occured, the Wraith hadn't uploaded anything yet from Atlantis, because the worm was in the other download that contained the Hive ship schematics.

They simply didn't steal it because they couldn't. They needed to keep the facade long enough to get the trust from the Atlantis team, by that point they had got the info that they were needing. Then when they attacked Daedalus they couldn't disable the shields sufrficently to allow them to disable the drive & strand them there. Daedalus could still jump & was about to before they did it first. If they simply wanted to stop Atlantis from being protected. Then why did they stop when they did, why not continue & destroy it. Simply because they couldn't, they knew it was going to jump as they hadn't managed to disable it sifficently to strand it there.

For the record, we don't even know if there were 3 Hive ships, the one that attacked them could infact be the one that was seen accompanying them at the end on their way to Earth.

So you say because they thought Daedalus would have to remaion behind to do protection duties, then why even risk that, the fact that there would be a couple of weeks before it arrived, offered them plenty of time to crack the Wraith jamming code, so why take that risk, when they could have simply destroyed Daedalus in the first place & then there would have been no risk at all.

For the same reason as why they haven't given Earth cruisers energy weapons yet, then it'ls going to be the same for Orion, it has to have it's limitations to equal things out. They are not going to give them this uber fast Ancient warship that allows then to jumpback to the MW, take out an Ori fleet & be back home in Pegasus in time for tea. That's why in 'Aurora', they wrote it in as being slow. It may be big & strong & uber powerful but it's slow, so there is a good chance that things might be over long before it even arrives, which makes it more believeable than them managing to upgrade it in 3 weeks. To allow it to jump around both galaxies like superman whenever there is a sign of trouble. All they needed to do was put Asgard energy wepaons on Daedalus or allow the beaming tech to not be jammed, it could then have hopped about Pegasus taking out the Wraith just like that. Yet it doesn't have them & has had restrictions placed on it's used by the writers.

Now we have the Orion, probably the most powerful ship that's ever been created, it has Drones that can seemingly take out anything, advanced comms, scanners, sensors. It looks to have lances on the front that appear to be some form of energy weapons, then looking closely at the hull, it has what appear to be turrets as well. Combine this with it probably have a fighter bay & transporters & all this other advanced technology. Then as you believe it to have a Hyperdrive that's much faster than Daedalus even with a ZPM. Let me ask you, what's it's kryptonite then. From the sounds of it, it sure doesn't appear to have any.

Oh but it will, that is that it'll be slow. It will be almost always able to deal with every situation that it comes accross, only if it can get there on time. Which is why Daedalus will be used more frequently still next season, Orion will be used sparingly.

It won't have an upgraded hyperdrive by the time the S3 premiers comes about, simply because they had 3 weeks to repair it's damaged systems. Then 3 weeks later, just moments before it's due to go into possible battle with a Wraith Hive ship, they still don't have any weapons up & running & still not totally sure if they could even use the hyperdrive to jump into position.

What would be their priorities, to install an intergalactic hyperdrive first that's not needed because it already has one that would suit their purpose for the time being. It's sole purpose was to be ready to fight in 3 weeks. So their priorities were getting the shields working again, engines fixed & weapons online. one of these 3 things weren't even ready when the Wraith were on the doorstep & 1 wasn't sure of being totally ready. So to suggest that they spent the bulk of their time installing a hyperdrive upgrad & leaving weapons etc to later on, is quite frankly totally & utterly ludicrous. Weapons were a priority, making it be able to goto the MW wasn't. If it didn't defeat the Wraith ships that were on the way, then it wouldn't be going anywhere ever again. If they couldn't get weapons fixed by that point, then they sure as hell, ain't even got around to thinking of upgrading the hyperdrive yet.

From the tone of your posts, I believe that nothing will change your mind no matter what. So I'll simply say ait until the spoilers are released & you'll see for yourself.

I got into a similar discussion with somebody at the end of S1 here, it was regarding Daedalus, he claimed it would be bigger & more powerful than an O'neill class warship, it's be huge & would do this & that once it came. Of course after the ep aired we all saw exactly what it was capable of. So what I'm telling you is that for a few reasons, it won't have this uber fast engine to allow it to travel at tremendous speeds in & around or between galaxies.

Using sublight, then it may be similar top Asgard ones, but with regards to Hyperdrive, it won't even compare. Currently it's on a totally different level. Of course they may decide at somne point to upgrade it with Asgard beaming tech & Hyperdrives, just not in the S3 beginning or at any point in the near future.

On another note: I do think Orion will best the best bet in stopping them though, as long as Atlantis relinquishes it's ZPM to Orion on a temporary basis, then I see it being able to eventually catch them.

Comment

Working...
                              X