Childhood's End - SPOILERS

For all the news and spoilers for this episode click HERE

CHILDHOOD'S END

EPISODE NUMBER -
    ORIGINAL AIR DATE -
    WRITTEN BY - Martin Gero
    DIRECTED BY - David Winning
    GUEST STARRING -

Sheppard and the team visit a world where no one is over 24 years old -- because of a ritual suicide practice they believe keeps the Wraith at bay.
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 April 2004, 08:20 AM.
    sigpic

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1.../message/11943

apparantly some 10 women have already been shown the ep, it isn't too great

Comment

Well I wouldn't put too much faith in a focus group, I'll reserve judgement until I actually see this episode.

They said it doesn't appeal to women, and they said they hate Teyla....hmmmm

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Idun
        Well I wouldn't put too much faith in a focus group, I'll reserve judgement until I actually see this episode.

And since none of them knew any spoilers or saw any prior episodes... well, it wouldn't make much sense

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          And since none of them knew any spoilers or saw any prior episodes... well, it wouldn't make much sense
          I agree with that. They are just a group of women who never saw any of the show before, probably didn't know much of Stargate at all. You can't get a good review from that, the real fans are the only ones who can give the correct reviews. If they are giving the review to other fans.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I was asked to be in an all-female audience for the first "Rocky" premiere. Most of the women were fairly neutral about the whole thing. I ask you, how many women are boxing fans?

Now, there are a lot of women who like science fiction. But it would be better to get a group who is at least familiar with the premise of the series.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Idun

I wonder who put the focus group together? MGM or Scifi? Or neither of them? Seems kind of odd to show them an episode of a new series without at least telling them something about the show. *shrugs* But what do I know about putting together and running focus groups?

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I don't think Teyla appeals to me, but I'll actually reserve judgment to actually watch Atlantis and see for myself -- so I'm keeping an open mind. Something about her gives me the same bad vibes I got from Diana (of the latter seasons of "Sliders") and that does not bode well in my book. But we shall see.
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

From what I understood the people chosen to be in the focus group were already fans of Stargate SG-1. Can't remember where I read that though. Does anyone know for sure?

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                  X