X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spike Green-Lights Blade Series

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34430

Spike TV—which had previously announced a two-hour TV movie based on the Blade movies and Marvel Comics franchise—has given the green light to 13 hours of the vampire drama as a TV series from New Line TV, Variety reported. More ...
    sigpic

So it is the beginning of a trend. When they can no longer bring another sequel to the big screen they let loose on tv. Interesting.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I don't believe it. Oh wait, I guess nothing should surprise me these days.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Also an article here http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5313

Seems it has Khalek from 'prototype' in it
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          So it is the beginning of a trend. When they can no longer bring another sequel to the big screen they let loose on tv. Interesting.

I think it's because of the last movie, Trinity. I don't think Wesley Snipes is interested in doing anymore Blade movies.

ETA: Here's a link for your consideration.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=12815

Full story below. Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Snipes suing NL over 'Trinity'

By Jesse Hiestand
          Wesley Snipes is suing New Line Cinema and other producers of "Blade: Trinity" for allegedly failing to pay him his full salary and using him to promote a potential spinoff franchise involving some of the film's other actors.

Snipes' suit, filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, seeks $5 million in damages for the salary dispute and unspecified damages for the other claims.

New Line representatives declined comment, citing the ongoing litigation. Other defendants include Avery Pix and "Trinity" director David Goyer.

Snipes' attorney, Marc Greenberg, said the defendants have failed to pay the final $3 million of Snipes' $13 million salary for "Trinity," the third installment in the series that featured him as the lead character, Blade.

The suit also accuses the defendants of trying to capitalize on Snipes' appearance in the film to promote a potential new franchise.

"The true purpose for creating 'Blade III,' " the suit claims, "was to set the stage for a planned spinoff series of movies featuring other cast member Ryan Reynolds, who plays Hannibal King in 'Blade III,' in a new series of movies about the Nightstalkers, the vampire hunters played by Reynolds, Jessica Biel and Natasha Lyonne."

Said Greenberg, "We want to make sure that the public ... understands that Mr. Snipes made his effort to keep the trilogy on track and that those efforts were not successful due to decisions made by the director and other producers."

Snipes also claims that he was denied several contractually entitled rights of approval and consultation on key elements of the film, including director and screenplay.

"The screenplay for 'Blade III' represented a significant departure from the story line of 'Blade' and 'Blade II,' resulting in reduced screen presence for plaintiff Snipes and the Blade character," the lawsuit claims. "The purpose of this reduced screen presence for plaintiff Snipes in 'Blade III' was to allow the introduction and promotion of two new characters as 'sidekicks' to the Blade character and to position those minor characters to be 'spun off' into successive motion pictures without the Blade character."

"Blade: Trinity" cost about $65 million to produce and has grossed about $125 million worldwide since its release in December.
          Last edited by LaCroix; 01 February 2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

"Blade: Trinity" cost about $65 million to produce and has grossed about $125 million worldwide since its release in December.
            Nice profit. Too bad the movie wasn't that great. I'm not a big blade fan, mostly because I think Wesley Snipes is an arse, but the third film even discounting that was terrible compared to the first two. I wonder who they're getting to play Blade?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I wonder who they're getting to play Blade?
              From my link:
              rapper/Onyx group member Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones.
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                From my link:
                Sorry. Missed it on the scroll down the first time.
                I've never heard of this guy but his list of acting credits is pretty long. I just hope they tone down the over the top "I kick butt, get out of my way" thing Wesley Snipes had going. I think it's true to the character but can get annoying in the long term.

Comment

Sorry. Missed it on the scroll down the first time.
                  I've never heard of this guy but his list of acting credits is pretty long. I just hope they tone down the over the top "I kick butt, get out of my way" thing Wesley Snipes had going. I think it's true to the character but can get annoying in the long term.
                  Yeah a tv series cant really survive with constant kick butt action - hopefully they will develop Blade into a more complex character
                  love Torri

Comment

Working...
                  X