This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for new Titles...

As with most forums, Gateworld has a Titles/Ranking system. Depending on how many posts you have, you receive a title. Everyone starts out as a Prim'ta, then move onto Super-Soldier (I think) and then around 350 become Death Glider Pilots.

Since the Stargate universe is truly vast and now we've also got the SGAtlantis universe, I suggest you add a new special feature (if it's possible). On Smash World Forums (www.smashboards.com), you can be a member of several groups and choose your title based on what group you're part of.

Anyway, ponder if there were several ranking systems. Goa'uld, Jaffa, Tau'ri, Wraith, etc. Depending on which you choose to be a part of, your titles will follow a certain path. You can freely switch between the "classes" at will.

For example, when you're a Super-Soldier, you could switch to Tau'ri move and become, I don't know, a lieutenant (I have NO IDEA about military ranks). Switching to Wraith mode would make you one of those Wraiths with masks (the lowest rank would be Human Slave or something). Switching to Goa'uld would make you a Child of the Gods. Switching to, I don't know, Aschen, would make you Slightly Evil.

Just a suggestion though .

I cant say I am really that interested in this but it sounds like a good idea and I am sure lots of people would like it

I am guessing that this system makes use of the 'public groups' feature on vBulletin so it would give us a chance to finally use that
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

personally i like it when you're allowed to put in your own custom user title/saying/slogan.
      it'd have to be appropriate of course- not offensive and whatnot
      but it helps disassociate people who are "better" because they have more posts.
      for instance for myself, i would most likely put "Pleased, but sticky" as it goes with my name Morbo. and whenever it is i get to use my own icon, i'd be putting on of Morbo up there anyway.

Comment

The idea is sound enough, but I'm certain the logistics are not as easy as it sounds. Let's let David and Darren ponder it. Personally, the "rankings" don't mean a thing to me, as they are just arbitary names, as are the post numbers (as many here seem to think one word consitutes a post) or the "geen jello" system, as those with friends have high "jello" counts but low post numbers...so in the end, just post and enjoy it.

Gateworld was started for those with a common interest to share ideas and be together.....I'd like to see it remain that way. But, as always, that's just my poor opinion.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
          for instance for myself, i would most likely put "Pleased, but sticky" as it goes with my name Morbo.
          And that sounds so, SO wrong to me.

The mods have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone's posts without policing the user titles to make sure they aren't offensive, degrading or whatever. I don't think custom titles will ever happen.

I don't mind the one I have now. If they want to have options (Human/Goa'uld/whatever), that's peachy, but frankly I stopped noticing user titles after a while and don't pay much attention to them now. 'Cept for the occasional random one from a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Me too! Ewww...
            I stopped noticing user titles after a while and don't pay much attention to them now. 'Cept for the occasional random one from a mod.
            That's our payment...magic beans and a custom user title.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

New titles would be cool...but i wouldnt be to pushed on custom titles
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Me too! Ewww...That's our payment...magic beans and a custom user title.
                Do you have any idea if it would be really hard to do it?

Comment

I totally agree with ya there Shadow. But I was given the chance to have my own custom title here's what I would put "half Goa'uld-half ascended Ancient" based my name (and Anubis of course).
                  sigpic

Comment

Morbo sounds fine to me
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

i guess i can see how, but its completely harmless.
                      it's from the Futurama episode "Crimes Of The Hot"

Morbo, the big green alien news anchor is sweating because of global warming, and has always wanted to destroy the people of earth, so when they do the news story on the global warming he says "Morbo is pleased, but sticky."
                      sticky from the sweat, and pleased because the humans are suffering.

it's a win win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        i guess i can see how, but its completely harmless.
                        it's from the Futurama episode "Crimes Of The Hot"

Morbo, the big green alien news anchor is sweating because of global warming, and has always wanted to destroy the people of earth, so when they do the news story on the global warming he says "Morbo is pleased, but sticky."
                        sticky from the sweat, and pleased because the humans are suffering.

it's a win win situation.
                        LMAO!!

LOL hahaha

Morbo is awesome!!!

heck Futurama is awesome!!!!

............completely OT
                        love Torri

Comment

And for the 2% of the population that gets the reference, I'm sure it's very funny, but it still sounds very dodgy to the remaining 98%.

Whenever I can put in a custom title, I go for Harbinger of Doom, the role assigned to me back in my Wongsketeer days. But generally speaking, I'm happy with whatever assignation is determined by the system.

Comment

OTing: I'd put in "Bow down before the power of Santa or be crushed by his Jolly boots of doom" if it allowed me to carry such a long custom title .

Comment

Fallen Angel, have you played Civilisation II? The Canadian version my friend has has scenarios where you get to be a snowman at war with the evil Santa who sends his legions of happy elves and jolly present-shaped missiles to destroy you. It's funny .

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X