This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korelev

This ship name is mentioned in Season 10, Episode 1 -- can anyone speculate as to the type of ship and country of origin as to which she belongs to?

Originally posted by marlowe54
    This ship name is mentioned in Season 10, Episode 1 -- can anyone speculate as to the type of ship and country of origin as to which she belongs to?
    Russian.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

it belongs to the russian federation

mainly cuz of the name

unless the US is stealing names

or maybe a new asgard ship?

Comment

I guess it could be a Russian ship. They have not been mentioned a whole lot in recent years of the Stargate program.

It definatley does look of Russian origin.

Comment

if you google "Korelev russian" and "Korelev german", it could be russian or german
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I just cannot see the Russians having the will, money, or expertise to build a spaceworthy ship similiar to the Daedulus-Prometheus Line. Perhaps its an American Built Ship with a Russian Name and International (like Altantis) crew

Comment

I just cannot see the Russians having the will, money, or expertise to build a spaceworthy ship similiar to the Daedulus-Prometheus Line. Perhaps its an American Built Ship with a Russian Name and International (like Altantis) crew
              Why?

Comment

I'd have to go with it being a Russian ship. Why not, they have the plans to build their own.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

that's racism

anyway myst what do ya mean it LOOKS russian? there's a pic

the only plans the russians have is x303 so maybe it'll be a prommie?

anyway like always the russians get screwed (ship gets destroyed) yet american vessels are unharmed. that's just..............well mean cold war's over people they're cool now

Comment

Really? So you're saying that Russia can't afford to do it? I think you need to keep yourself up to date with their military developments. In real life, they've developed new ballistic missile that flies so fast and can release 3 warheads + 4 decoy warheads, that it renders US anti-missile defenses obsolete. The missile is the SS-27 Topol.

They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". They've also developed aircraft like the S-37 Berkut air superiority fighter with forward swept wings, the MiG-1.42, Mi-28 Havoc attack helicopter, the Ka-50 Hokum attack helicopter, and ground vehicles like the BTR-90, the T-95 main battle tank..... and.... hell.... lemme ask you this...

Does this look like a country incapable of having the resources to construct at least a Prometheus type of intergalactic spacecraft? For all we know the Russians in the SG universe just might possess a healthier economy than they do in real life.

In real life... Russia is a lot richer than some of its old Soviet states like the "stan" countries, and the ones in Eastern Europe. Just don't get them confused.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

that's some great ownage dude

plus the us stole the russian metal gear tech!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                        that's racism

anyway myst what do ya mean it LOOKS russian? there's a pic

the only plans the russians have is x303 so maybe it'll be a prommie?

anyway like always the russians get screwed (ship gets destroyed) yet american vessels are unharmed. that's just..............well mean cold war's over people they're cool now
                        aha there is no such thing as racism. We are all part of the race of humans.

Comment

i wish that were true.

hell some loser said that saying arrogant americans is racist then so is your statement

Comment

Please get back to the topic of the Russian Air Force Vessel Korelev.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Assuming that the ships made by other nations is modeled after the Prometheus, it will be a good way to keep the Prometheus design in StarGate (SG costs, keep the old image rather than design a new ship class).

It'll also be an homage to the first big intersteller ship that brought the Tau'ri into its first major step in becoming one of the Great Races in the SG universe. The Prometheus is gone, but it's descendants will be built by other nations... hopefully.
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                              X