• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the grid spoilers

Does anyone have any pictures of
    Spoiler:
    Earths new battle cruiser the Oddesey yet
    or any info on it all all other than that in the gateworld spoilers?

It's prolly just the same design with Odyssey 03 written on the side. Saves money.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I hope not but then again it was stated that it's
      Spoiler:
      deadalus class
      so you could well be right

Comment

Well it's a BC303 so it'll look just like Daedalus.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Oddesey is probally another Dadeleaus calss ship but hey i don't mind that model seems to work on the wraith. and i think it will be cool to have two ships that look like that. my only hope is that they continue the prometheus model.

Comment

Possibly the same design as the Deadalus....

Also:

People use the term 'Deadalus class';

Is this supposed to mean that the Deady (in 'lantis) is named after the class of ship it is!?

if not, then what is the appropriate name give for the class that the Deady and possibly the Oddysey belong to?
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

they wont continue it, simply because the deadalus is far superior in everyway. and the production would get more complicated trying to produce one outdated ship and one modern ship, it would mean downgrading to do wrose, when your already better off...so no prommie dies & stays dead.
              FYI the deadalus isnt relaly that effective, actually that not true they just aint using them right, they try ot beam nuke on to ships, just beam them nextdoor.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

You guys think the nuke beaming with the odyssey will work on goauld motherships.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

possible, though asgard beaming tech has never been able to penetrate gaould shields...it only works on the hives, pre jamming, because they are shieldless.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

You'll have to wait until the ep for pictures.

Daedalus din't have an image revealed, Prometheus didn't, Aurora didn't, Orion didn't, Korelev won't, Ori ships won't etc, etc.

Sony may release a lot of giveaway spoilers to various sites around the net. However in all of the pics that they pre-release none have ever included a soon to be ship. They may like to spoil plots by actually also releasing detailed epsiode synopsis', BUT they do keep things close to their chest on the ship front. So afraid it's another 10 days till we all see what it looks like, although it's probably either identical to Daedalus or slightly improved but almost the same.

It only makes sense as tim goes on then so does the tech get more advanced, Prometheus came out, then Daedalus. That's been out for a year now & so there could be some tech advancements in the Odussey that Daedalus doesn't yet have. Although they would probably be negligeable at this stage.

FYI the deadalus isnt relaly that effective, actually that not true they just aint using them right, they try ot beam nuke on to ships, just beam them nextdoor.
                    How do you know that nthey haven't already tried, it's a pretty big plothole to think of beaming them inside the ships, but it never to cross your mind to think about beaming them just outside the ships.

Most likely like jammers that you get on Earth, like a cell phone jammer for example it can block within a specified radius around where it's positioned. So probably they dothe same thing, the field will be emitted to protect a good deal around the ship. So if they beam it outside the radius then it won't do any damage. So they don't bother becasue it's wasting weapons.

Think of Area 51, over the years they have increased the cordon around the base, to now it's at a point where you are too far away to see anything of real value.

The same will go for the Hive's, the jammer protects a large enough radius around the Hivem to even make beaming outside this field, totally worthless. Other than if they were to maybe catch a Cruiser or wave of Darts in the blast. It's simply they probably never felt the need to exactly specify it in the show, simply because a jammer has a certain range around the point of where it's located. That to me makes far more sense!

Comment

ITs called Deadalus class, because by tradition the first build ship of a class carries the name of the class. And the Deadalus was the first ship of its class.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                        ITs called Deadalus class, because by tradition the first build ship of a class carries the name of the class. And the Deadalus was the first ship of its class.
                        Why then was Prometheus named that when it was a BC-303 class cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                          Why then was Prometheus named that when it was a BC-303 class cruiser.
                          Because it was a prototype? Could be that the Daedulus is also a BC-303 series....not sure, don't think i heard Daedulus being referred to as a class of ships in the show.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Prometheus = X 303
                            Daedalus = BC 303

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                              I agree with this. The military have been using this naming system for a long time. At least in the Navy.
                              Indeed!
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X