This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is psyched about allies?

Having read all the spoilers as I always do Im not sure its gonna be a good episode, maybe I should have more faith.... The siege part 2 was such an awesome episode, I dont think Allies can top it.

Anyways what do you guys think?

Originally posted by russ_sg1
    Having read all the spoilers as I always do Im not sure its gonna be a good episode, maybe I should have more faith.... The siege part 2 was such an awesome episode, I dont think Allies can top it.

Anyways what do you guys think?
    Don't think it can top 'The Siege II or III, but you never know. Especially for me last year I wasn't reading any spoilers. So had no clue what to expect, whereas this season I know how it's gonna go. That does take away a lot from the eps, however having spoilers many months before the ep even airs, is for most people too strong to resist.

If 'The Orion' gets action, then it'll be cool. It doesn't seem like it'll be directly involved but as long as they show it closing hurriedly in on Atlantis & try to cut them off before they get to the MW. Then that'll do me!

One thing that really don't think I'll get, even after watching it, is why a Wraith Queen & scientists would be allowed to set foot on Atlantis. After all they have a whole load of Drones, PJ's, a working Dart etc. So pretty sure they have enough to take care of two Hive ships. That part won't settle well with me, however the season 3 finale of seeing them trying to stop the Wraith invasion will be cool.

If they make it to the MW, then there will probably be either Asgard or Human, Jaffa ships waiting as a surprise present for them, hotly followed by 'Orion' & Daedalus.

The real killer though, is knowing that this is the final ep of the season, so that's around 5 months waiting until it gets resolved. That will be bad!

Comment

I have a question. Spoilers i read somewhere say that the chief scientist planted a bug in the mainframe. You would think that the team would have guns pointed at the wraith in atlantis the ENTIRE TIME so they would not have the window of opportunity needed to do something like this. Anyone know how this happens?

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Well, we did know how soft Carter was on the Replicator version of her in "Gemini" - you think they would know better!

Unfortunately for me, I will be unable to see the episode for quite some time. Probably not until Season 2 is out on DVD.

Comment

Then do that unmentionable thing we're allowed to talk about.

Comment

Spoiler:
            In the The Long Goodbye thread I heard a rumor there would be lesbian HiveQueen sex in this episode. I thought Huh? and asked for some explanation but have yet to receive a reply

Comment

Is it really 5 months till season 3? I'm never gonna last that long without reading spoilers! I reckon I'll enjoy it more if I have no idea whats gonna happen.

Yeah you cant imagine them letting a wraith set foot on atlantis, regardless of what theyre offering

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                Spoiler:
                In the The Long Goodbye thread I heard a rumor there would be lesbian HiveQueen sex in this episode. I thought Huh? and asked for some explanation but have yet to receive a reply
                Umm... Okay. I think that's spoilers for another show, possibly the WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                  Spoiler:
                  I highly, highly doubt that we'll be seeing any of that in this ep. I can't see the writers going down that route myself. Since there has been spoilers released then I'm sure something would have been in it, more than any fans 'wild speculations'. It's possible the chief scientist may be a female but don't think we'll be seeing any of the naught stuff that'll drag up a ****storm in controversy with it in the process. The short version is that it ain't good for business.

Then do that unmentionable thing we're allowed to talk about.
                  BUT your not allowed to talk about it, that's the point. Stargate has falling ratings, this means that all these tens of 1000's of people that do it could potentially be damaging the long term effects of the show. If Sci-Fi don't get the viewers then they ain't gonna continue with the show, it's as simple as that. Then there will be no Stargate for anybody to watch, never mind to Dl. Simply put, SG-1 & Atlantis are American shows filmed in 'Canada' to save on filming/production expenses. So since Canada is almost finished, while the US has still a few to run. Then when it does get around to airing there. A lot of fans won't be watching it, simply because they saw it a month earlier via their 4th cousin in Totonto. The same for other countries when it shows there later on, what's the point in TV stations paying all that money to license the show for a season, if no fans are tuning in to watch it. Sony see this & then when they ain't making money, then they ain't gonna be making Stargate any longer, period!

Is it really 5 months till season 3? I'm never gonna last that long without reading spoilers! I reckon I'll enjoy it more if I have no idea whats gonna happen.
                  The US & UK still have over a month to go yet. So since this is almost Feb, then when it does finish there it'll be Mar. Which is when filming starts for the 3rd season. The scripts are still in the process of being written right now.

So they spend a few months filming the first half of the season, which they should be or almost be finished shooting by the time the season premiere comes around. They take a short break themselves, then restart filming after the break. The acting usually gets finished around Sep/Oct, then the post production carries on right through the Scifi hiatus (Sept to Jan). Where the second half starts being shown again on Scifi & by this time Sky One, which started in Sep has caught up with Scifi or slightly overtaken it by an ep or two because it doesn't take any breaks between showing.

Which is when they start waiting to hear if it's going to be signed up for another season or not.

Meanwhile the eps air as usual & we eventually get to this stage. It finishes & goes through the exact same process all over again.

What I'd like to see them do, is give them a two year or more contract at a time. Then let them film both season back to back, giving them a couple of days off per week. Then the season will be ready & nobody has to wait all those months for them to even start filming the following season.

Comment

When does it air?

Comment

My point was that since he apparentely had to wait for the show to be released on DVD, he obviously does not live in a country that airs SGAtlantis... or at least not up to date.

For example, Sweden stopped after season 2 of SG-1. And that's the end of that story. So I'm reduced to buying boxsets and doing the unmentionable. I can't tune into Sci-Fi because no provider in Sweden can give me Sci-Fi.

Comment

I just had a thought...you know that the wraith put a virus in the systems in Atlantis...do the wraith give them a disk...with the virus...or i was thinking it would be cool to see that the wraith control Teyla's mind again, and they make her put the virus in the system on Atlantis...just a thought

Comment

Is anyone going to watch "Allies" tonight in Canada?

Comment

If they were smart, they'd ship Teyla and her people off somewhere before bringing any Wraith near Atlantis out of fear of them being mindcontrolled. We saw how easily Michael, who was even by then half-human, did it.

Comment

I think that with enough concentration they can do that to anyone. Teyla, Ronon, Sheppard...

Comment

Working...
                              X