Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smallville Death Discussion with Spoilers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Smallville Death Discussion with Spoilers!

I was not surprised with the death was John Kent. Smallville is based on the first two Superman movies, not the comic books. Pa Kent died in the first Superman movie, so it is natural that he should die on the TV show. It was a good death; I am glad that the character died.

There must be a balance, Jor-El said. I am looking forward to the deaths of Lex Luther's dad and Chloe next year.

I'd prefer it if Lana died, and the day they kill off Chloe is the day they kill the show.

They can't keep killing of the people who have known for a while who CK is.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      I'd prefer it if Lana died, and the day they kill off Chloe is the day they kill the show.

They can't keep killing of the people who have known for a while who CK is.
      They can't kill Lana. She is too central to the Superman mythology. On the other hand, neither Lionel or Chloe really exist outside of Smallville.
      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

When I first heard that they were going to kill off a major character, I thought it would be Jonathan Kent. But as the spoilers began to surface, it seemed like it would be Lana. Being a multi-decade comic book reader and having seen the Superman movies, I knew that Jonathan had to die and that it was one of the defining moments for Clark becoming Superman. I really, really don't like time travel in shows, but it worked here, especially when Chloe asked Clark if he had spun the Earth backwards on its axis. I about died laughing. I love the one liners which refer to the comics and movies. What does everyone think was in the picture Lionel showed Jonathan? Clark using his powers or something else?

I do agree thought that it's Lionel's turn to die.
        -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Yippie...Lana lives!!!!! Also Clark knows that Lana loves him......even knowing his secret!!!

The reset on Lana's memory was a disapointment though.....

Miss Pa Kent!!!!!! Bring him back!!!

With Lex standing watching Lana at the funeral, and Lionel taking his position behind Martha
          is a bit telling where the show is headed........good eppy.....
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
            Yippie...Lana lives!!!!! Also Clark knows that Lana loves him......even knowing his secret!!!

The reset on Lana's memory was a disapointment though.....

Miss Pa Kent!!!!!! Bring him back!!!

With Lex standing watching Lana at the funeral, and Lionel taking his position behind Martha
            is a bit telling where the show is headed........good eppy.....
            Except, I somehow don't think those two 'couples' will ever make it anywhere. I think Clark would put a hurting on either Luthor if they tried anything... especially Lionel.

As to the picture, it seemed at first that it might be Jonathan in some sort of compromising condition. However, that might be too simple. After that I was thinking that it could have been either Clark using his powers... OR, maybe Martha Kent in a compromising position. Somehow I'm thinking that last option is the most likely one.
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

i thought the death was obvious. his dad dying seems to have been a key moment in Clarks life and the show killing him off was expected but i was personally hoping for something more tragic and unpredictable like the death of Lana or even Lex. i think Lionel knowing the truth but killing off Lex would have definitely added a more unique twist to the show but then you'd have the fanboys going crazy because they've ruined everything.

sigpic

Comment

I have not read the comics or seen much of the movies, but i thought Lana would die anyway even when he didn't tell her his secret.

Comment

I'll admit, I guess I wasn't too surprised Jonathan Kent was the one to die. Like others have already stated, I know from the other Superman material out there that his father's death is instrumental to Clark realizing his ultimate destiny. But for me, I just wasn't ready yet. I liked his character way too much, and was hoping it would be anyone else. Ok, anyone but Chloe.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was really really hoping Jonathan Kent would not be gone permanently, even though, like everyone else, I kind of knew he had to go. But scifi has an article about it. http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=34364
                    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      I'll admit, I guess I wasn't too surprised Jonathan Kent was the one to die. Like others have already stated, I know from the other Superman material out there that his father's death is instrumental to Clark realizing his ultimate destiny. But for me, I just wasn't ready yet. I liked his character way too much, and was hoping it would be anyone else. Ok, anyone but Chloe.
                      i figured it would be lana, jonathan, or martha (seeing as those are the ppl clark loves the most ), but, i wish they would have done something different and had it be... ???

when smallville was first on, i didn't want to watch it because i thought it was going to be a tean angst show. but when i gave it a try, i was blown away by how likeable everyone was, and how loving clark's family was. that was *very* refreshing.

i'm a clark/lana shipper (much, much more into that ship than clark/lois *on this show*). i'm glad lana didn't stay dead. BUT, i'm also a jonathan/martha shipper, so now... martha has lost THE love of her life. her soul mate.

it won't be the same family feeling now (just like when hammond left). they'll show a new dynamic, but i'll always miss jonathan being there.

they're prob going to have clark and lana officially break up too.

but what will become of martha?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

My predictions for the future:

Lionel will hit on Martha at the appropiate time. They may even go to dinner or something, but Martha would never "knock boots" with him. However, I can see an episode where she is brain washed by a super powered villain and she thinks she is in love with Lionel. That would be a funny episode.

The picture---Martha never had an affair with Lionel. It has to be a picture of Clark using his powers. That means that before the series ends Lionel will be DEAD. I just hope he dies a painful death.

Comment

I do not think Chloe will ever be killed off. I remember in a season 2 episode (i think) that Chloe said she had used her cousins name to do something at the Planet. I think that is forshadowing. I think Lois will die off and Chloe will be in too deep in something and have to take on a new identity, LOIS LANE. Then I will be a happy camper, as I am a Clark/Chloe shipper. Would that make a Chlorck or a Claroe? I hope that is how it all goes down. And as far as I am concerned Lana should get together with Lex and then die because of something Lex is doing. Then Lex will be evil and Clark will see him as his arch enemy. Woo hoo.
                          Hallowed are the Eey-Ore!

Comment

I was so happy when Lana died... She isn't central to Clark's future (Lois Lane) and she annoys me now.

Then... when time shifted, I was upset. I wasn't surprised Jonathan Kent died. But I wasn't thrilled either.

I say down with Lana, up with Lois, but keep Chloe alive! She is so likable.

Mattathias

Comment

We can assume that Lana will live. I think that the Chloe becoming Lois Lane plot is too out in the open. If the writers want to shock us, then they will have to think of something else. The writers of Smallville cannot change the Superman mythology too much. They can play around with it. Killing Pa Kent was okay, since his character died in Superman I, and we can assume that he will still be dead when Superman Returns this Summer. Yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X