PDA

View Full Version : I demand they Blow up the Daedaleus !

kymeric
January 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Cmon.... Kill off abuncha characters and nuke the status quo to show us the danger. Deaddy is one of the staus quos of season 2. Remember when they blew up the Defiant on DS9? We all went daaayyymmmmm.

Whos with me?

Eoin
January 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Destroy our only means of getting suplpies from earth.... destroy our first intergalactic space ship.....

I want the daedy to stay as long as possible

Daedy FOREVER :D

HirogenGater
January 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM
What Eoin said.

Wraith_Hunter
January 27th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Cmon.... Kill off abuncha characters and nuke the status quo to show us the danger. Deaddy is one of the staus quos of season 2. Remember when they blew up the Defiant on DS9? We all went daaayyymmmmm.

Whos with me?

The original Earth ship is already definitely getting it in 'Ethon' over on SG-1. So why would they want to take out 'Daedalus' as well. That's just silly, especilly since it has Hermy on board. They will both live forever!

kymeric
January 27th, 2006, 05:44 PM
But remember the end of season one? Bates? Grodin? Abuncha nameless nobodies? Thats how u build suspense BODY COUNT! How many were galvanized by what happened to Ford?

And theres always new ships.... New crews. Remember if u get pissed when they die the writers did their job!

Wraith_Hunter
January 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM
But remember the end of season one? Bates? Grodin? Abuncha nameless nobodies? Thats how u build suspense BODY COUNT! How many were galvanized by what happened to Ford?

And theres always new ships.... New crews. Remember if u get pissed when they die the writers did their job!

We already know what happens at the end of S2. It gets it's ass kicked & the big suspense. Is that the Wraith:

Finally get info from the computer virus that's infected Atlantis, to allow them to find out where Earth is & to launch an attack against it & the MW. That's pretty suspenseful to me, much more than say destroying a ship for no valid reason, especially when you consider that after 'Prometheus' goes, the SGC will only have two remaining ships left. The Daedalus & The Odyssey.

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
i think you are alone on blowing up the deddy. But we all know the promethaus is getting it

AGateFan
January 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I vote no.

Oranos
January 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I would prefer the Daedalus remain intact.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 27th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I say keep it because it is a cool ship.

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I would prefer the Daedalus remain intact.
and in flying condition

Oranos
January 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
and in flying condition

lol. Yes, in flying condition too.

Egeria
January 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I'm with kymeric, get shot of it....life is far too easy with it. Get rid of and let's start seeing some hardship and drama.

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I'm with kymeric, get shot of it....life is far too easy with it. Get rid of and let's start seeing some hardship and drama.
far to easy?
when did that come into it
takes weeks to get from PG to earth and back. Cant blow up wraith hive ships or cruisers...
the only thing its really good for is relocating civilizations as seen in inferno and saving people, and transporting cargo and personelel.

Egeria
January 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM
^ I enjoyed S1 because it had the old..."we're stranded form Earth and things are difficult" thang going. IMO (and it's only mine) my enjoyment of show was severly done a damage by the introduction of the Daedalus, and with it Atlantis's re-connection with Earth. To me it all just seems too convenient now.

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM
^ I enjoyed S1 because it had the old..."we're stranded form Earth and things are difficult" thang going. IMO (and it's only mine) my enjoyment of show was severly done a damage by the introduction of the Daedalus, and with it Atlantis's re-connection with Earth. To me it all just seems too convenient now.
its not convieniant, as SGC's only way of contacting Atlantis is the daedalus, and as we have seen in critical mass it takes quite a while to get to the position where they can relay a message to atlantis

Ouroboros
January 27th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I wanted it to get destroyed in seige 3 to show us the Wraith were actually dangerous and taking them on with tiny humie ships with pitiful nukes and railguns was really stupid.

Destroying it would probably help the stories though. If it got killed off then they'd be more cut off from Earth and would have to hunt/trade/steal to get supplies and stuff. I can see some good stories coming out of that set up.

They've got that old ancient junker now so they'd still be able to do the whole "ship exploration" thing. I want said junker to be totally un uber though or for the comedy option, partially unfixable do to a 10,000 year lack of replacement parts. Uber ships are boring.

I want to keep Caldwell though, he's cool.

I enjoyed S1 because it had the old..."we're stranded form Earth and things are difficult" thang going. IMO (and it's only mine) my enjoyment of show was severly done a damage by the introduction of the Daedalus, and with it Atlantis's re-connection with Earth. To me it all just seems too convenient now.

True, true and true.

They're all alone in a galaxy full of ravenous space vampires who want to eat their souls. It should feel a hell of a lot more dangerous than it does.

KnightCrusader
January 27th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Well, I think any longer without connection to earth, we should have renamed the show Stargate: Voyager, cause that is what it would have been.

Even the TPTB said that...

Steve

jenks
Destroy our only means of getting suplpies from earth.... destroy our first intergalactic space ship.....

Prommie was our first intergalactic space ship.

Steven_the_Atlantean
Look think about it this way, while one ship is returning from earth the other one goes, just like a cycle and plus Atlantis doesn’t have any options with one Zedpm so we need more ships as we can, the more ships we have the more options we have on protecting the city and plus if it was time to destroy the city at least we have two ships to put everyone in and make in to earth instead of leaving them unprotected in the PG.

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
the daealus was designed before the prommie had the egines...didnt it.

NakedJehutyV2
January 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM
prommie will die. good looked but ugly

SmallTimePerson
January 27th, 2006, 11:11 PM
prommie will die. good looked but ugly
the prommie would have looked better without the really big booster egines IMHO, maybe 4 like the daedy.

vaberella
January 28th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Whos with me?

Shame on you!! I love the Daedalus and everyone on it...even Cavanaugh!:cameron:

NakedJehutyV2
January 28th, 2006, 12:00 PM
looked like a recliner

SmallTimePerson
January 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
well if they blow up the daedalus they dont have the kinda production times to bring in a new one in a month, atlantis would have to go back to trading in PG making for some very familiar storylines of "we have no food".

alfirin_kirinki
January 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM

Yep. I'm in complete agreement.

Contact with Earth ruined season one's sense of danger and the urgency of the show. Since contact has been restored through the ZPM and Daedalus, the actual episodes may as well be happening out of the SGC.

NakedJehutyV2
January 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
things change accept it. that was 9 years ago

beale947
January 29th, 2006, 01:05 AM
The daedalus is the first ship, from many different tv shows, that can take a beating without after the first few shots going "Shields at 70%" and sparks flying everwhere because the shields arn't at 100%. It took on 10 hive ships, lots of crusiers, and thousands of darts, and aat the end could still fly, fight and everything else working, if it was voyager, it would be like "Warp is offline, so are weapons etc. It is the first ships that can put up a fight and take one hell of a beating. So SAY NO TO BLOW UP DAEDALUS.

Eoin
January 29th, 2006, 06:23 AM
My bad :o

Well.... destroy our first ship that travelled between galaxies :D

I still think the daedy should stay as long as possible

Exiled Master
January 29th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Actually, killing characters lowers the suspense. Now if there's a wraith on a killing spree and the power is down and the walkie talkies don't work, then you have suspense. But remember that dire suspense is the potential energy of a story, and death, destruction, and injury are the kinetic energy of a story.

Lida
January 29th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Actually, killing characters lowers the suspense. Now if there's a wraith on a killing spree and the power is down and the walkie talkies don't work, then you have suspense. But remember that dire suspense is the potential energy of a story, and death, destruction, and injury are the kinetic energy of a story.

Hmmm, impressive analogy. However, killing characters doesn't always lower the suspense...it really depends upon the character and the circumstances.

SmallTimePerson
January 29th, 2006, 11:58 PM
The daedalus is the first ship, from many different tv shows, that can take a beating without after the first few shots going "Shields at 70%" and sparks flying everwhere because the shields arn't at 100%.
um, the daedalus starts sparking when the shields go down to 70%, but not in the first few shots, it takes alot of firepower to do that

Shep'sSocks
January 29th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Hmmm, impressive analogy. However, killing characters doesn't aleays lower the suspense...it really depends upon the character and the circumstances.

Very true. The trouble is that if they killed off a main character everyone would know about it months in advance because of spoilers and killing redshirts is like 'so what?'

Lida
January 30th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Very true. The trouble is that if they killed off a main character everyone would know about it months in advance because of spoilers and killing redshirts is like 'so what?'

Not everyone reads or has access to spoilers and if they wanted to keep it quiet, they could. Well, probably as quiet as hogs at feeding time...but you never know.;)

SmallTimePerson
January 30th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Not everyone reads or has access to spoilers and if they wanted to keep it quiet, they could. Well, probably as quiet as hogs at feeding time...but you never know.;)
it would be quiet until the scfi promo

Nerwen Aldarion
January 31st, 2006, 01:21 PM
I think it would be kind of cool if the Deadaleus was destroyed, AND the ZPM gets broken too. Then they would have to go back to square one only with even bigger problems. Just an idea I had, I honestly don't care either way.

jmoore032000
February 1st, 2006, 06:41 AM
i dont want it to be destroyed it is a good looking ship, the only problem I have with the ship is that it has no real weapons that can impact on a ship like a hive. It needs more powerful weapons like the wraith energy weapons on their hives.

knowles2
February 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM
Destroy the douglas destroy orion, destroy destroy destroy, show us that the wraith can fight and that these little earthlings do not stand chance against the might of the wraith.

After they defeated the most powerful race in the universe I would exspect to take a few casulties, and good few ships, too. So I expect that if the wraith cannot go after atlantis, they will go after our suppply lines. Let the wraith cut us of from earth. Any way we should have plenty of generators, enough amunition and food to last us several years with out resupplies runs from earth by now. So the writers should be perfectly capable of cutting us of atlantis from earth and still not have the expidition, or is more like colony now struggling for food or supplies every few episodes. For one we should of have years wealth of rations. We got food being grown by the anthosians on the main land. Supplies issues well and done now.

So season 3 please show use how bad ass the wraith can be, please please please.

SmallTimePerson
February 2nd, 2006, 12:55 AM
if atlantis gets completely cut off from earth people will start complaining "oh we were cut off in S1, and now is S3, the writers can't think of very good storylines". Maybe the daedalus becoming to severly damaged to fly would open some good storylines, as atlantis could dial earth and tell them, but earth can't send anything to help, so the expedition would be forced to collect the neccassary materials. But the oddessy would come...maybe the ori threat will force it to stay there

Dromag67
February 2nd, 2006, 01:49 AM
Upgrade the weapons on that sucker and lets keep it.

No reason to kill the poor thing off too early.

Prommie lasted for 4 seasons, Daedy should at least get that much mileage.

Stevo
February 2nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
its Daedalus not douglas ;)

sparkygate
February 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM

Whos with me?

Hey people (SPOLIER),
did you know that the atlantis team accuire a Ancient Warship in Inferno, now that i want to see.

jenks
February 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
^^ Yeah most of us have seen it, cousins in Canada and all that...

Metonic
February 2nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
WTF? NO DEADY SHOULD NOT DIE. btw intergalatic suggests it goes between galaxies, now your going to say Deadalus is the 1st BUT remember... When did we meet Vala in SG1 when Prommie was on its way to Atlantis. Alright 6 months there and back.. but.. its still our first.

WTF my prommie is dieing? Promethus got his liver eaten by Ethon, but his liver kept regenerating, ALL WE NEED IS HERCULES!!!!!!!

SmallTimePerson
February 3rd, 2006, 02:34 AM
WTF? NO DEADY SHOULD NOT DIE. btw intergalatic suggests it goes between galaxies, now your going to say Deadalus is the 1st BUT remember... When did we meet Vala in SG1 when Prommie was on its way to Atlantis. Alright 6 months there and back.. but.. its still our first.

WTF my prommie is dieing? Promethus got his liver eaten by Ethon, but his liver kept regenerating, ALL WE NEED IS HERCULES!!!!!!!
have you seen the scifi promo for ethon, the prommie...

the daedalus was our first ship to go an intergalatic distance.

knowles2
February 3rd, 2006, 04:51 AM
the prommie was our first ship to travel intergalic distances, it travel to the asgaurd home galaxy.

kymeric
February 3rd, 2006, 07:34 AM
i think who ever started this is retarted

Kiss kiss.

beale947
February 3rd, 2006, 09:41 AM
The Promethius gets blown up in Ethon, so lets not lose anymore ships, till we have more.

FallenAngelII
February 3rd, 2006, 09:52 AM

I want the daedy to stay as long as possible

Daedy FOREVER :D

If they can make the Odyssey after the destruction of the Prometheus, they can make a replacement for the Daedalus.

Valisnor
February 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
first of all blowing up the deadaleus wouldnt cut off the pg since we now have anouther deadaleus class battleship. secondly i tend to agree that pg be cut of except for the gate contact that they can make with sgc.i mean come on it was built as a one way trip a season ago!! wow id like a one way trip out of the galaxy that only lasted 9 months. come one the show was built up as them in a different galaxy with an enemy so bad ass that it kicked the ancients and as of yet they arent alone nor is this enemy been proven to be anywhere near that bad. The geni(sp) episode said the only have like a hundred hive ships. OOOOwww scary we took out i think 6 with the deadaleus.

travis
February 4th, 2006, 04:22 AM
i think who ever started this is retarted

Or definately have issues, lots of issues. This quote just mad me laugh no offence to the person who started this post.

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 05:10 AM
first of all blowing up the deadaleus wouldnt cut off the pg since we now have anouther deadaleus class battleship. secondly i tend to agree that pg be cut of except for the gate contact that they can make with sgc.i mean come on it was built as a one way trip a season ago!! wow id like a one way trip out of the galaxy that only lasted 9 months. come one the show was built up as them in a different galaxy with an enemy so bad ass that it kicked the ancients and as of yet they arent alone nor is this enemy been proven to be anywhere near that bad. The geni(sp) episode said the only have like a hundred hive ships. OOOOwww scary we took out i think 6 with the deadaleus.

Since when did we take out 6 with the Daedalus?!

Lida
February 4th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Why in the world (or the universe) would we want to blow up the Daedalus? With Prommie gone, we NEEED the big D! So, I don't think the destruction of the ship is imminent.....sorry. ;)

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Actually, next week or the week after that, we will see the arrival of Odyssey, the new Daedalus-class ship.

Lida
February 4th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Actually, next week or the week after that, we will see the arrival of Odyssey, the new Daedalus-class ship.

I know, but we NEED more than just 2 ships...recent events should show that quite clearly.

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Recent events should sway the Asgard to help us mass produce ships. After all, we're gonna have an Ori-off in season 10 (or the season finale). Hard to do that with 2 (3) ships.

Shep
February 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I demand they Blow up the Daedaleus !

lol. good luck with that.

The Signal
February 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Well, not the daedalus but there is going to be a ship destroyed in either Camelot or Flesh and blood, cant remember the name but it was from Earth(i think) and will likely be BC303 so, not the daedalus, but it will look like it

Voxyn_Queen
February 4th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Yep, destory the only means of supplies and weapons from Earth. Make the lives of those on Atlantis that more difficult!

Wahoo, i wish id thought of destoying the Daedy!!

Hehe, and for added interest, leave Caldwell stranded on Atlantis!:)

Lida
February 4th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Yep, destory the only means of supplies and weapons from Earth. Make the lives of those on Atlantis that more difficult!

Wahoo, i wish id thought of destoying the Daedy!!

Hehe, and for added interest, leave Caldwell stranded on Atlantis!:)

No, no, a thousand times no! NO Caldwell stranded on Atlantis!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

BlackBaron
February 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
No, I hope the Daedaleus stays !

Exiled Master
February 4th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I was a bit suprised when the Daedalus and the Marines came to Atlantis in the Siege. It seemed a bit quick, after one season, to reconnect Atlantis with the SGC. But the Daedalus is too important now. Blowing it up would be stupid and anachronistic.

Kanten
February 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I think it's way too early for me to be able to handle seeing another Earth ship getting its butt kicked.

npattis
February 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Bad idea if the Daedalus was destroyed. If we were cut off from Earth too long, we would run out of vital supplies such as ammo. Eventually we would be throwing rocks at the Wraith Hives.

NakedJehutyV2
February 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
daedy needs better weapons like the satelite beam

Exiled Master
February 4th, 2006, 04:53 PM
daedy needs better weapons like the satelite beam
Yeah, that's definitely true. Too bad there aren't any more satellites in the lantean system.

Voxyn_Queen
February 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
What i would like to know is why hasnt Earth gone into full scale production of more ships.
Does anyone else believe that they've had enough time to build more ships?

If Earth and Atlantis is under SO much threat, dont you think that the powers that be on Earth would've put more effort into producing these ships?

Could you imagine a fleet of Daedaleus like ships?

Gives me a rush just thinking of it.

Admiral Mappalazarou
February 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
So you're suggesting that they blow up Earth's only real line of defence against both the Ori and the Wraith...?

That sounds kinda cool actually...

Y'know what? To hell with the Deadalous! Let's blow 'em all to hell!!!

ray245
February 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
most of the people who want daedalus destroyed can't even spell the name correctly...lol

FallenAngelII
February 5th, 2006, 12:54 AM
No, no, a thousand times no! NO Caldwell stranded on Atlantis!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

You make a good point. But can't we have him blow up with it? >: D

prion
February 7th, 2006, 08:27 AM
The Daedalus is safe. Since SG1 just blew up the Prometheus (with Pendergaast aboard. Grrrr!!!!), they need a ship. What this COULD mean is that

a) the writers lamely have the US gov't build another ship. Puh-leez. They can't even the pave the roads in this country.

b) The Daedalus will, rightfully, be pulled back to make up for the Prometheus' duties. This would mean, hey, sorry, we're not visiting once a month, we're going to make quarterly checks on you, so don't eat all the Twinkies in one sitting. This scenario in my book would be good for the show; it would be back to the isolated command that the show enjoyed in season 1 (as well as perils). having the Daedalus show up every few episodes to pull Atlantis' collective asses out of the fire takes the fun out of the show.

c) Sam comes out of the shower. It's all been a bad dream induced by a terrible combo of kaluha and Fruit Loops. She snuggles back in bed with her honeybunch, General George Hammond ;)

vaberella
February 7th, 2006, 09:06 AM
So you're suggesting that they blow up Earth's only real line of defence against both the Ori and the Wraith...?

That sounds kinda cool actually...

Y'know what? To hell with the Deadalous! Let's blow 'em all to hell!!!

Seems like that's the idea they had for the prometheaus not cute at all...not at all!
VB

Pharaoh Atem
February 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM

then it starts to turn into startrek

there got rid of 2 enterprises and then in the next movie there was a shiny new one

please keep Daedalus

rarocks24
February 7th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but they rebuilt the Defiant. And besides, we don't want to see Caldwell go now do we?

And this is slightly off this topic, but uh, is Caldwell going to be disposed of now that he's a threat to the Trust? After all, he got snaked by them.

knowles2
February 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM
daedalus should be destroy, it should be use as perfectly good example why the ancients got their ass kick. Also no one would be exspecting it after the destruction of the pomethious. And well coldwell should be a poper captain and go down with the ship, and before any one say that it stupid to go down with the ship, well just think about the amounts of report, commitees, sub commitees and more explanations, forms, probably a few more commitees and plus all the letters you got send out, explaining how you got off but some of the other crew did not , hell by the end of all that you probably wants to commit suicide, far I am concern far easier to down in a flame of glory.

Smo
February 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I hope Daedalus will remain fine and that writers will give us more hardcore action involving both Daedy and Caldwell :P just to see all of you mean whiners whine more :cool:

Cherriey
February 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Um... I've seldom heard anything phrased quite that way. Besides I strongly doubt that the Daedalus is going to bite it for some time to come. After all the just got rid of the clunky Prometheus! True that was on SG-1 but if the Daedalus (as others have pointed out; the long saught after link between Pegasus and the Milky Way) were to suddenly be vaporized that would leave Earth with a grand total of ONE space worthy ship. That is, unless they're hiding away a huge fleet somewhere.

buzlighty1
February 12th, 2006, 08:41 AM

Whos with me?

They will never blow it up. The whole reason it was brought in was to add a new dynamic to the show.

Mattathias2.0
February 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Must we blow it up? We just got it.

And it is so much cooler than the Odyessy. The Captain is more colorful, it has Novak, and Hermiod!

Mattathias