This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chya/Athar like the Ori???

I was thinking...but not quite sure. I some what remember the people of her world worshiping her. This seems pretty Ori-ish to me!? What do you think?

Kind of, but without the 6 hour prostration follow me or die kind of attitude.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
      The Ori demand people worship them for the power it gives them. They feed on the strenght of the worship.

Chaya is in no way like that.
      Its very possible she is feeding on her followers. I am not saying she is doing anything malicious, just accepting what is given and not demanding or taking any more then that.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I kind of got the idea she just tolerated it in much the same way that the Asgard tolerate some of their more primitive protectees worshipping them.

Comment

She might draw strenght to be able to ascend her people without the ancients doing anything about it

Comment

I think that if she is drawing power from them, that it isn't a bad thing like the Ori. She may even use that power to help protect her people.

And it is probably like the asgard just accepting the circumstance, instead of explaining it. If she did explain it the cure could be worse than the disease.

Comment

Yeah, I really don't think her people would really be up to understanding the concept. Even our modern world would be turned upside down by a revelation such as that. The various churches would be having fits and you'd probably see a LOT of religous warring going on because of everything being turned on it's ear.

Comment

She's just that malicious Woman-who-must-not-be-named who tried to steal John away from Rodney.

Anyway, it's been said time and again that the Ori actively draw power from the people who worship them. Simply having people worship you wouldn't force you to steal their power. However, she COULD go mad one day and do it and become an Ori.

Comment

Who said drawing power from your followers harmed them in any way? And what i meant with my answer was not that she was evil in any way, but only drew power from them so she could help them. And ascending them would help them and her for that reason.

Comment

Chaya isn't like the ori, for one the ori and ancients delved into 2 different fields before ascension naming religion and science respectively. Chaya doesn't take credit from her followers. Hence why she never came out and said I'm Athar.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                      Chaya is an ascended ancient. She got in trouble because in the past when the wraith went to cull the world where she is she reached out with her mind and destroyed the wraith. This was interfering in the physical world which is against the rules of the ascended ancients. Her punishment was to remain on that world and protect it. They see her as a priestess to Athor (herself). I believe this is to explain her presence there. If she was to tell them who she is they might start to worship her as we have heard other people in the Pegasus galaxy speak of the ancients in a manner as to revere them. I don't believe she wants them looking upon her in that manner. Instead they worship her alterego.
                      I have a feeling your right, I think it will come out in future seasons the ancients developed humans on Pegasus in order to have enough humans to keep the Ori out of the milkyway. It would seem if the Ori can pull power through subverting the populations. Why can't the Ancients get power given to them freely?
                      Christopher H.
                      Stargate Atlantis Fan
                      WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Whoa never saw that parralell

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                          I was thinking...but not quite sure. I some what remember the people of her world worshiping her. This seems pretty Ori-ish to me!? What do you think?
                          Guess we'll see eventually.
                          Christopher H.
                          Stargate Atlantis Fan
                          WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

None the less...they are still worshiping Athar as they say "Glory to Athar." If that line isn't worship sounding...I don't know what is. That is like saying praise Christ or Mohammad.

Comment

Mmm... Chaya.

Comment

Working...
                              X