Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions About Stargate: Horizon

I am just wondering:

What exactly is Stargate: Horizon? I know it is a "virtual series" but I have no clue what it is still. Do you read it like a book? Or is it like any other show, but you watch it on your computer? I thought if it was just a virtual book, why would there be music and pictures in download section and why would they need actors.

I feal really dumb right now lol. I am contantly asking stupid questions. But the series does sound VERY cool. (also when are the episodes premeired and how do I "see" the episodes?)

Ronon Dex Devil
    Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Alright, let me get all of this down at once for ye.

A virtual series is usually a prose or script based series written in multiple episodes. Sometimes, creators add music, actors, and pictures in order to help the reader visualize the events. However, if he or she prefers to picture the characters in other ways, nobody's stopping you. Usually the actors fit the parts they play.

Horizon itself is a collection of scripts written like an SG-1 or SGA episode. The production of episodes ends after the script editing phase, so the episodes or read, not watched.

Currently there are 33 episodes of Horizon out there, 22 in season 1, and 11 so far in season 2. Season 2 will have 24 episodes when it ends. It starts up again most likely in March.

You can see more at www.stargatehorizon.com, and you can also download the scripts there. "Awakening" is the first one, and creator Alex Rubit admits that there are some things he'd like to touch up on it, but it's general agreement that the episodes do improve.

So I'd start off with the first few, but if you plan on reading the series, things get interesting around the episode "The Enoly." If you do read it, I hope you enjoy it. If you have any other questions, you can check the FAQ topic, the about section on the site, or ask here and I'd be happy to answer.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Hmmm, I wont say my usual comment.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Or you could just read the primer for season 1 and then start at Enoly.
        http://www.sg-universe.net/features/3/1128112138/
        http://www.sg-universe.net/features/3/1128440602/
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          Or you could just read the primer for season 1 and then start at Enoly.
          I wouldn't do that, all the episodes are damn good and the hiatus is quite long so you'll need something to keep you busy.

Of course if you read like I do you'll be done in no time, either way.

Comment

Thank you for the help, I guess I should start reading. I love to read, and I love Stargate, so I know I will like it.

Ronon Dex Devil
            Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood
              I wouldn't do that, all the episodes are damn good and the hiatus is quite long so you'll need something to keep you busy.

Of course if you read like I do you'll be done in no time, either way.
              Well that's where the quality stuff really kicks off.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                Well that's where the quality stuff really kicks off.
                OK, I just find that Awakening is good and from there they just get better. I didn't notice a big difference at that point, although 3-parters are damn good.

Comment

Working...
                X