This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asgard

anyone else think they use ftl with hyperspace generators? cuz in unnatural selection they were in the other side of the galaxy. then when thor picked them up with a move of the device up they got back to earth within 1-2 seconds

If I'm remembering correctly, that was when Simmons and Conrad tried to steal the Prometheus. I don't think they traveled too far from Earth. Plus, Asgard drives are VERY fast, but there's been nothing to suggest its anything more than extremely powerful and efficieny hyperdrive engines. Are you saying like 'warp drive' propelling them through hyperspace?
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

No, he's saying do they use Battle Star Galactica faster than light engines to trevel everywhere, ontop of a hyperspace window generator.
      In short, no. I believe it's inpossible, plus the Asgard would be infringing on copyright laws

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
        No, he's saying do they use Battle Star Galactica faster than light engines to trevel everywhere, ontop of a hyperspace window generator.
        In short, no. I believe it's inpossible, plus the Asgard would be infringing on copyright laws
        i think thats the least of their troubles, "look the replicators are attacking, we should use our BSG ftl engines to escape", "no we may die, but its a small sacrifice compared to copyright infringement"

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
          i think thats the least of their troubles, "look the replicators are attacking, we should use our BSG ftl engines to escape", "no we may die, but its a small sacrifice compared to copyright infringement"

*lawyers come over*

(Sinse we don't have any hyperspace emoticons, I used Mkcyas infringemtn on SW )

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
            infringemtn on SW )
            "SW"? dont you mean GW?

I dont think the asgard give us very good hyperdrive egines, but
            Spoiler:
            we should find out in a future ep how long it takes the asgard to get to PG
            Last edited by SmallTimePerson; 27 January 2006, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              "SW"? dont you mean GW?

I dont think the asgard give us very good hyperdrive egines, but
              Spoiler:
              we should find out in a future ep how long it takes the asgard to get to PG
              which futrue episode are you talking about, has it been stated or your just saying it as an idea?? pray tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                If I'm remembering correctly, that was when Simmons and Conrad tried to steal the Prometheus. I don't think they traveled too far from Earth. Plus, Asgard drives are VERY fast, but there's been nothing to suggest its anything more than extremely powerful and efficieny hyperdrive engines. Are you saying like 'warp drive' propelling them through hyperspace?

they didn't even show a hyperspace window open.

in s3

watch them arrive within minutes to hours

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One
                  which futrue episode are you talking about, has it been stated or your just saying it as an idea?? pray tell.
                  it was in the Ask joe thread, someone asked how long it would take the asgard to reach pegasus galaxy. I think he even said we would find out in S3

Comment

he is the question and Joe's answer
                    Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                    Spoiler:
                    Joe, been involved in a debate about Asgard speed & was hoping you could settle it pleaaassseee!

Can you either tell us how fast an Asgard ship can make it to Pegasus from the MW or at least how far away is IDA from the MW, since it's never been revealed. Yet we know thanks to McKay that Pegasus is around 300 odd million light years away.
                    The answer to that upcoming in season 3.

Comment

imo from minutes to hours at most a day depending how far othalla/ida is compared to pegasus.

Comment

Working...
                      X