The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackStageJim
    I see why Katie Holmes hooked up with Cruise ... she is easyly forgotten in this Batman release. She looks like a child next to Bale/Bruce/Batman.

Bale did well enough, he made up for Clooney and he didn't need a padded muscle suit to pull of Batman. Micael Caine is the best Alfred .. very funny and gives the best wisearsh remarks.

Morgan Freeman, excellent as hidden asset to Bruce.
    Hauer and Oldman, equall good in their roles.
    Liem Neeson, better then any supervillian.
    Oh wow, kate does looks a bit 'young'!
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Fantastic film... can't wait to see it again!

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Amazing, absolutely amazing this movie was!

Liam Nesson, best Batman villian ever! Not because he had some evil laugh, not because he had a diabolical plan for evil, but because he truly believe what he was doing was right! Those are the best kind of villains!

Micheal Caine was great as Alfred. Cudos to everyone else, but those two are my favourite
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

on a scale of one to ten, i'd give this a strong 8. it was very well done, loved how they are reinventing the franchise (ie. the new look to the batmobile...etc), loved the plot, ending and characters,. bale was excellent as wayne, but katie holmes was a bit weak. liam neilson was strong in his role. cant wait for the next.

I thought it was extremely well done. Better than the Spiderman series but not quite as good as X-men.

i disagree with that. it may have been as good as spiderman, but it was def better then
          X-Men

Comment

i'd give it a powerful 9 outta 10.

the only thing i did not like about it was the setup for the boy to become Robin.

sidekicks work better in comics than on the screen. hopefully they don't go that route.

i was pleasantly surprised to see Oldman and Hauer in their roles. like em both and neither get enough screentime.

while i liked the origin and the team up of scarecrow and ras al ghul, i'm hoping the next one focuses only on the Joker.

they tried to show the remoteness of Bruce Wayne....the need to be alone to protect those around him...and Bale did a good job....but Holmes was just flat. She was fun to look at, but they should have gotten somebody better and a few years older.

might actullay go see it again.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Tim Burton made Batman films in a time when comic books were considered kiddie stuff. He was able to bring the franchise into a darker, more adult realm, but both Batman and Batman Returns were still kiddie films, with adult overtones.

Joel Schumacher took what Tim Burton had created and destroyed it. Instead of trying to make his movies follow the comic, he decided to pay hommage to the series from the 60's, which ultimately ended the Batman franchise for 8 years.

Christopher Nolan has brought the franchise back to its basics. He's successfully made this film look and feel realistic, while still remaining true to the comics.

The only downsides to Batman Begins? Katie Holms was basically a damsel in distress. I really hate weak female characters, and I think that her character could have been more realistically protrayed.
              Also, the "microwave beam" was complete crap; I mean, a box the size of a refrigerator is supposedly capable of vaporizing liquid water instantly, yet people (who are made of 85% water) were able to walk around it while it was activated without a problem. Total science fiction, but I suppose it was a needed plot device.

What works? The Tumbler, also known as the new Batmobile, is totally awesome. When I first saw it, I didn't know what to think, but after seeing it in action, I'm sold.
              The Scarecrow was an excellent bad guy; the scenes of people under the influence of his hallucinogen were scarey and well done.
              I think the best part of this movie is that they didn't kill off all the bad guys; I mean, the big boss man was taken care of, but all the others were able to slip away giving this movie the staying power it needs to bring them back in the future.
              And then there was the bit at the end, with Lieutenant Gorden handing Batman a clue to the next big bad; a playing card with a familiar name.

I give Batman Begins 8 out of 10, and I can't wait to see the next one.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                the only thing i did not like about it was the setup for the boy to become Robin.

sidekicks work better in comics than on the screen. hopefully they don't go that route.
                I don't think the kid was supposed to be a set up, just a kid. Hopefully they'll leave Robin out of this series for a while, because to tell the truth, I just think it'd detract from the coolness that is Batman.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Unless they had the Jason Todd "Robin" , The one in which Joker Dismembers to destroy Batman emotionally it would be a huge plot twist and shocker and please the "anti robin" crowd.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo with perhaps some allies, But no partners.

Id like to see the Comissioner Gordon alliance develope better then those 4 movies were able to do, The old batman films made him look powerless and incompitent completely dependant on batman. They had a vital partnership Batman did him a favor Gordon then did batman a favor ,Gordon was Batmans inside information source in knowing what the authorities knew and helping Batman get have someone cover the rear.

I think they need to continue to "reinterpret" Batman , The universe goes through changes and twists every generation so its about time to make a new Dark knight for the 21st century.
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I've just skimmed through this thread - some news over in the UK papers were that Luke Skywalker himself - Mark Hammil is odds on to play "The Joker"!

Comment

He voiced the Joker in numerous Batman animated tv series and VG , Mark Hamill has a damn good Joker Voice, Its just the face.The need to have harley quinn this time as a hencewomen thats one thing Tim Burtons "batman" didnt have.

As a plot device Harley who is secretly the mistress of the Joker is Bruce Wayne's shrink , Tries to get inside Bruces head and extract information eventually will put some into his head later.

Who should play Harley?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1116989/

Her only acting experience is playing a blue twilek Jedi girl in episode II & III.
                      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

An enthusiastic thumbs up! This was the best Batman movie I have ever seen, and I've seen them all. The bad guys actually had a believeable reason for wanting to destry Gotham! It wasn't at all campy like most of the others...no neon or ridiculousness. Christian Bale did an amazing job!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Thumbs up this end. Got to know Bruce Wayne better than I did do previously and the action was class! Surprised Alfred had as big a role as he did.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

So should we have Mark Hamil next as "Jack Napier aka The Joker".

Mark Hamil has been desperate to break off the "Luke Skywalker" typecasting for years, He is a exceptionally talented actor it was because of him and Harrison Ford starwars didnt become "Dorkwars" if those lousy scripts will actually followed to the letter which they didnt do which is how they got the part.

But Hamil unlike Ford has tossed out of any good roles since , Harrison manage to break thanks to Indiana Jones.

The roles he has been abled to get last decade have been "voice" work were he can still act and get roles since he doesnt have too play it in person, His biggest success was playing the Joker in the Batman animated series and later animated Batman dark knight series.

So he is very experienced with the role , Loves admires the character since he gets to explore the darker side of things far away from the stereotype goodie boy "Lukes Skywalker. Playing a villain that Mark says can be best described half Hanibal Lecter and half Jerry lee lewis is exactly what he needs to shake off the shackles of his typecasting and renew is long stalled acting career.
                            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

This movies is awsome! I just saw it yesterday! Cool story, cool villian, cool special effects, cool every thing! One of my fav part is when you see Batman when the guy that invented the poision is druged.

Comment

Awesome Movie! Ive seen it twice now. Christian Bale was great as Batman. Gary Oldman was a great Gordan. It was nice to see him acturately portrayed as well, since the previous movies did horribly. The cast was so good and I didnt have a problem with Katie Holmes except for towards the end. This is definately the most faithful adapation of Batman yet and I hope the first of many to come. Two thumbs Way Up!

And I'm all for Mark Hammil as The Joker!

Comment

Working...
                                X