X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Ancient Citie's SPOILERS

SPOILERSS leave now if you don't wanna know

So I watched episode 215 the other day and it seems as though there's another ancient city, could it be that the Ancient's build more then one atlantis. Or this city is a technologically less advanced version built by the ancients before they build atlantis. I mean Shepard does say in season one that "afterall they are the ancients, they did everything big". i mean this could mean that there's more citie's that are in other galaxies granted those ancients haven't ascended by why would they need to if they weren't faced with certain death (a plague)

I certainly was an interesting episode and raised a few questions that I expect will be answered in due time. We know that the Ancients bought Atlantis with them from the Milkyway to Pegasus. There's nothing to say that it wasn't the only ship they came in to Pegasus. Or Perhaps they built another city ship while in Pegasus.

All we do know is that it is identical to Atlantis according to McKay. It makes me wonder though why the Wraith left it alone, sure it had drones but the drones would have run out fast in an all out wraith attack did it being mostly burried hide it from the wraith like submerging Atlantis did?

Comment

well in the episode it says that the forest had overgrown it. yea it does leave alot of blanks but I assume your thinking they would want that city for the hyperdrive. if the wraith even knew it was a city. When the wraith had come there in the past it was most likely before they knew of Earth and thus had no reason to concern themselves with getting the hyperdrive tech

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
        well in the episode it says that the forest had overgrown it. yea it does leave alot of blanks but I assume your thinking they would want that city for the hyperdrive. if the wraith even knew it was a city. When the wraith had come there in the past it was most likely before they knew of Earth and thus had no reason to concern themselves with getting the hyperdrive tech
        Yeah good point about Earth I forgot about that. Still they know about Earth now and this 2nd city potentialy has a hyperdrive there for the taking. Like you said tho there's a lot of blanks in this episode but I hope the presence of this 2nd city will be explained in some way rather than being explained away like so many plots in SG1 were.

Comment

In the 'Ask Joe' thread a person recently asked about other famous myths and stories like Atlantis and Joe replied that they have considered two such cities but have not decided how to put them into the story. Not sure if he meant SG-1 or Atlantis though.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i dont think the tower's intergalactic hyperdrive is in any danger of being stolen, the city is unsound and therefore i believe the hyperdrive may have already been destroyed by tremours

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              i dont think the tower's intergalactic hyperdrive is in any danger of being stolen, the city is unsound and therefore i believe the hyperdrive may have already been destroyed by tremours
              Spoiler:
              The Ancient database is a significantly greater threat than the hyperdrive itself. Within it is all of the knowledge required to build not only the intergalactic engine, but everything else in the city. With the city so badly fractured, we couldn't even use our virus to obliterate every trace of the database. Most sections would be disconnected from the rest of the city, thus unable to be powered up, and unable to receive the virus. Each section would undoubtably contain a full copy of the database. Zelenka said it himself, the Atlantis database has incredible redundancy. The sister city would undoubtedly be the same. I can't believe they didn't take care of that. It better come back to haunt them...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Spoiler:
                The Ancient database is a significantly greater threat than the hyperdrive itself. Within it is all of the knowledge required to build not only the intergalactic engine, but everything else in the city. With the city so badly fractured, we couldn't even use our virus to obliterate every trace of the database. Most sections would be disconnected from the rest of the city, thus unable to be powered up, and unable to receive the virus. Each section would undoubtably contain a full copy of the database. Zelenka said it himself, the Atlantis database has incredible redundancy. The sister city would undoubtedly be the same. I can't believe they didn't take care of that. It better come back to haunt them...
                I dont think the terminals are exactly a black box, they would easily be damaged, as we have seen so much ancient tech damaged alot easier. The terminals are in such a unsafe place im sure that if the wraith found one in working condition removing it or getting there would be a problem.

Comment

I dont think the terminals are exactly a black box, they would easily be damaged, as we have seen so much ancient tech damaged alot easier. The terminals are in such a unsafe place im sure that if the wraith found one in working condition removing it or getting there would be a problem.
                  "Zelenka: But seriously, if the Wraith recover even the smallest part of the Ancient database"

Zelenka was concerned about them salvaging a terminal from Atlantis after they blew it up.
                  Spoiler:
                  That city is more intact than Atlantis would have been.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    "Zelenka: But seriously, if the Wraith recover even the smallest part of the Ancient database"

Zelenka was concerned about them salvaging a terminal from Atlantis after they blew it up.
                    Spoiler:
                    That city is more intact than Atlantis would have been.
                    yes, but the
                    Spoiler:
                    tower was being crushed and was structually unsound, the terminals and the entire city are likely to become destroyed, where atlantis wasnt going to be completely destroyed more just put into little bits
                    Last edited by SmallTimePerson; 27 January 2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

yes, but the [spoil]tower was being crushed and was structually unsound, the terminals and the entire city are likely to become destroyed, where atlantis wasnt going to be completely destroyed more just put into little bits
                      If your house was suddenly burried, do you think a flash memory card in a digital camera would survive?

Spoiler:
                      Remember, though the city as a whole was fractured, large sections were quite intact, including the operations room Rodney used, which might very well have had a copy of the database.
                      sigpic

Comment

no i dont think it would, the plastic would melt and the metal would warp.

Spoiler:
                        yes i remember that, but even as they were there the tremours were destroying more and more of the city, rodney only just got out

Comment

A lot of spoiler in my following discussion

If the underground in "The Tower" is identical to Atlantis, it raise a few question

Daniel said the Atlantis was built in Milkyway, during the plague, and it was like the crown jewel of the Ancient.

Why did they built another identical one ?Can't they redsign or improve the City plan?
                          And Atlantis is full of technologies , the team only open up a few sector of Sector of Atlantis, they discover a few hidden labs with a lot of technologies .

If both city is identical, can they find the same hidden lab in the Sister city, or is the sister city empty.

And what does a sister city mean for the show, are they going back to the sister city for spare part, Will the sister city play a role in the conflict with the Wraith.

Comment

I doubt they will go back, I mean they haven't even really showed them exploring all of Atlantis what are the odds there gonna explore it's sister city. Though I think this could make a good storyline sometimes in the future

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                              Daniel said the Atlantis was built in Milkyway, during the plague, and it was like the crown jewel of the Ancient.
                              Wasnt Daniel referring to Vis Uban? Vis Uban being a city that was never completed in the Milky Way due to the plague wiping out the Ancients. Vis Uban was to be the Crown Jewel of the Ancients Empire.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X