This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Was Alliance Cancelled?

Im sure that many people are unsure and unsettled on the reasons of why Stargate: The Alliance was cancelled.
    Many fans are disapointed and shocked but does anyone actually have an "Offical" statement on why it was cancelled?
    Cheers
    sigpic
    *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
    ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
    ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
    "

Originally posted by Daniel_Shanks
    Im sure that many people are unsure and unsettled on the reasons of why Stargate: The Alliance was cancelled.
    Many fans are disapointed and shocked but does anyone actually have an "Offical" statement on why it was cancelled?
    Cheers
    One board I was reading said they were sure an official statement would be along in a few days.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie
      One board I was reading said they were sure an official statement would be along in a few days.
      Thanks...if you or anyone gets this statement, could you please let me know?
      Cheers
      sigpic
      *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
      ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
      ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
      "

Comment

I won't get the statement as I'm not that interested in the game, but I suggest you just follow the other massive Alliance thread on this page - the info will be there first i'm sure.
        sigpic

Comment

What's happing with SG1: The Alliance
          I herd it was cancelled though there has been no offical word
          and if it is gone what will happen to all the meteral that they have
          made, are they going to put it out on the net as a download, what?
          C. Edmund

Comment

It's gone.

See the last few pages of this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=15216&page=19
            There is also a petition to save it:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...55#post4850755
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yes, sadly, Stargate:The Alliance, has been layed to rest. I'm still in mourning.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I too would like official word on it's demise. So I can officially mourn, and try to move on.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My bet is that it possibly hasn't been cancelled cancelled, but it has been shelved until they can find a more reliable vendor/creater et al. With all the money and time invested I can't see them completely cancelling it, well at least I can't see it being perminatly cancelled.

Or maybe I just want to see the pretty people dance because I tell them to.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I am at loss at words. I have no idea why they would cancel it. I saw the trailer and the graphics were pretty awesome, so it looked like they must have worked their butts off making it. I wish it wasn't cancellled. Even tho I am not a video game fan, I would have had fun playing it, because it would be like living it, you can actually control the characters and have fun with it. It would be a whole new experience and different than just vedging out infront of the TV watching the show. I hope they bring it back, and I hope EVERYONE signs that petition (lol )

Ronon Dex Devil
                    Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                      My bet is that it possibly hasn't been cancelled cancelled, but it has been shelved until they can find a more reliable vendor/creater et al. With all the money and time invested I can't see them completely cancelling it, well at least I can't see it being perminatly cancelled.

Or maybe I just want to see the pretty people dance because I tell them to.
                      I belive it hasn't been cancelled cause the lack of offical statement form eather MGM and or Perception and i have herd roomers that perception went bust cause of the lack of money it this ture?
                      C. Edmund

Comment

Wasn't it cancelled months ago because it "didn't live up to the expected quality" or some sort?

Comment

This stinks. My son was looking forward to buying it for me for Mother's Day. I thought that's cute! oh well, I have to tell him to get me something else.

Then again, the company could change their minds.

edit: I just sign the petition, hopefully it will work.
                          Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Cheers
                            Unfortunately, one can only speculate at this moment. AFAIK, MGM hasn't released an official statement. Neither has Perception.

The game, however, has been cancelled - that much is confirmed. Whether MGM wanted to drop Percention, let the game die, or what... we don't know yet.

All I "know" is what was in the original news feed where someone claimed MGM just sat on their hands and did nothing when Perception needed a new publisher (MGM had to give the go-ahead to any potential publisher, and a game developer needs a publisher or it will run out of cash). So Perception was supposedly left with no choice other than to give up on MGM since they did nothing for months.

Now, this is unconfirmed. The only piece of confirmed news we have is that Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is no more... and that's the sad part.

Originally posted by Beal
                            Wasn't it cancelled months ago because it "didn't live up to the expected quality" or some sort?
                            No, their publisher only withdrew.

Originally, SG SG-1:TA was being developed by Perception and being published (under the supervision of MGM, apparently) by JoWood. JoWood, after some time, claimed that the game was sub-par and was not fitting to the fans of the series. JoWood withdrew as publisher, HOWEVER, game development continued after that - until now.

Comment

Cheers
                              The essential reason is legal squabbling over who actually had the rights to the game. In any case, it's just a plain slap in the face to the fans. And the game has lost a lot of support because of the issues at hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X